Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Home Made|Change

on 26 January 2014
I am happy with the product, in general.

It is easy to secure, operate and clean and works well stuffing sausages.I have posted some pictures too.

I have used it on 3 occasions so far and was happy with the results every time. You can adjust the sausage girth easily by regulating the speed at which the intestine moves out.

Can be easily operated by just one person, though it is easier with two if you are doing a lot of sausages.

Some issues:

Why wasn't made with SS? The aluminium can oxidise a bit and can not be washed in a dishwasher. (The shaft seems SS)

It is a bit small; you will get about 750g of stuffing in each time so you will need to refill regularly (easy to do).

The suction cup can not be removed easily so you need to make sure the inside parts are dry (air dry only...) before storing.

The tube's inside appears scratched, after doing about 20kg of sausages. I hope that this will be just a cosmetic problem.

There is some juice leakage during use so the whole system is not sealed very well. This is a minor issue.
on 11 August 2014
As other reviewers, I have tried using the stuffer attachment on an electric mincer/grinder (in my case the Kitchen Aid attachment) but it wasn't successful and made a lot of mess - impossible to operate single-handed.
This one works OK, can be easily operated alone and does the job very well. The only issue I have is that (particularly when using the narrower nozzle) there is quite a bit of leakage back past the plunger, so you end up with a lot of sausage mix left behind when you open it to refill. Would recommend for the price, but with that caveat.
on 7 February 2014
Yesterday I spent hours making sausages with my Kenwood Chef for which I had paid a small fortune plus extra for the sausage making appliance. It's not the easiest job but I had the stuff and this little gizmo hadn't yet arrived. I gave up with the Chef before using all of the filling which I saved in the fridge. Today this gadget arrived, so I quickly washed it and set it up, at this point can I say that previous reviews criticising the fitting of the lug nut is easily sorted, when assembling before fitting the handle just screw down the cover a little exposing more thread, voila! Anyway, it took me no time at all to set it up and made the remaining sausage in seconds. Cleaning the Kenwood 45 minutes wasting shed loads of meat, cleaning this little beauty, 5 minutes using a wooden spoon handle to force the remaining meat into a casing (waste not want not) so minimal waste. Most of all it was enjoyable and I didn't have a shed load of washing up afterwards.
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2015
I Have been making sausages for some years using an electric grinder with an attachable stuffing tube which effectively needs 3 hands to use. When this broke I decided to try a proper sausage stuffer. Typically, these cost about £140, so when I saw this one for under £20, I assumed it would be rubbish. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This is an excellent, well made, quality item. As soon as I tied it I knew I should have bought one years ago. So controllable and easy to use. Holding 1kg of mix, it will fill a whole meter of skin without needing re-filling. That's a lot of sausages. Buy with confidence, it's a real gem!
on 16 January 2015
Very, very good choice.

First of all the product works surprisingly good at a mere fraction of the price of other sausage stuffers. The fact that the meat is driven out by a 'piston' that you put direct pressure on by turning the handle gives you a very good control. In my opinions this is a much better solution than a sausage-making attachment for your meat grinder. Suction base works very well, if placed on a completely smooth surface. Yes, the capacity is quite small at (a little less than) one kilo of mixture, but for home use who needs much more?
I have also made sausages for more people with this machine; you just need to refill a couple of times which is not the biggest problem. Last notion on product quality: there is much less plastic than I expected! Only the 'funnel' is plastic, all the rest is (correct me if i'm wrong) aluminium. Pleasant surprise.

And then there is Kitchen Craft customer service. Wow. I recently lost part of the funnel, making the machine quite useless. I contacted kitchen craft with the question if I could order this part separately, and within 2 (or 3?) days I had the part delivered to my house. For free. (I live in Italy!!) Very impressed.

If you want to give home-made sausages a go (and you should!), but don't want to spend hundreds of euros or you don't want to fill up your kitchen with a big machine, definitely buy this machine!
on 20 August 2014
I bought a higher capacity version of this unit in Germany (2.5kg) but it is essentially exactly the same. It works very well, leakage is negligible and I have no problem attaching it to my kitchen work top and it stays put until I release it. The only downside for me was the fact that the handle must be off the edge of the work top to turn. I found an easy fix for this: I removed the base and added some extension nuts (bought from a diy shop for peanuts) and reattached the base. I now have enough clearance to turn the handle, no matter where I set it up. Unfortunately, it's not possible to post a photo but I'm very happy!
review image
on 27 July 2013
Sometimes when buying online I have been disappointed, things do not always live up to expectations. But this little machine is brilliant. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, is well made and very robust and takes all the hard work out of sausage making. On top of that, it comes at only a fraction of the cost of others machines.
on 3 August 2015
Rubbish machine I am a chef and the machine is not practical is completely nonsense don't waste you money and spend more and get something's a lots better
on 9 April 2015
This is what you need. I have not tried with a mincer with sausage stuffer and after this I don't want too. Fantastic quality stainless and perfect for the job. Before you thread the skin on push a little of the sausage out of the end of the plastic tube and see the results as it removes the sharp edges and improves that part 100%. Great item
on 13 May 2015
I recently bought a sausage maker thinking it was good value for money. I was badly mistaken. Cheap made. I can see the colour silver coating will come out later as it looks plastic. It broke after the first day use. The seller suggested I return the broken part to him and will claim from distributor/manufacturer so that it can be replaced. However this does not fill me with much confidence as the product appears to be poorly constructed from the outset. How could the piston arm (looks like it's going to rust later date) become detached from the plunger plate by just turning a handle? Furthermore the seller told me the manufacturer is very good and blamed me for not handling properly and told me to send back the broken part (cost me £11.- by post recorded delivery) when I do not consider the break is my responsibility. I did send photos to show and and asked what's a point to return the broken when your can see from photos sent. The enclosed photo show clearly where the sausage maker broke so I do not consider it necessary to return the broken part at my expense. It is the seller responsibility to sell products that are "fit for purpose". I do not consider this product "fit for purpose". If your company manufactures a higher quality product then I should have organised a replacement without cost for sending the broken item. .I wondered if this company has service recovery policy? If your one still working is great but wait until it's broken. I will need a new one and invest more money with much better design and quality.
review image review image review image