5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good

2.0 out of 5 stars and with a not bad rate. So I choose it
Published 5 days ago by sophia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kitchen Craft KCHMSAUSAGE Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Yesterday I spent hours making sausages with my Kenwood Chef for which I had paid a small fortune plus extra for the sausage making appliance. It's not the easiest job but I had the stuff and this little gizmo hadn't yet arrived. I gave up with the Chef before using all of the filling which I saved in the fridge. Today this gadget arrived, so I quickly washed it and set it up, at this point can I say that previous reviews criticising the fitting of the lug nut is easily sorted, when assembling before fitting the handle just screw down the cover a little exposing more thread, voila! Anyway, it took me no time at all to set it up and made the remaining sausage in seconds. Cleaning the Kenwood 45 minutes wasting shed loads of meat, cleaning this little beauty, 5 minutes using a wooden spoon handle to force the remaining meat into a casing (waste not want not) so minimal waste. Most of all it was enjoyable and I didn't have a shed load of washing up afterwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, works well, a bit small, why not SS?, 26 Jan 2014
I am happy with the product, in general.

It is easy to secure, operate and clean and works well stuffing sausages.I have posted some pictures too.

I have used it on 3 occasions so far and was happy with the results every time. You can adjust the sausage girth easily by regulating the speed at which the intestine moves out.

Can be easily operated by just one person, though it is easier with two if you are doing a lot of sausages.

Some issues:

Why wasn't made with SS? The aluminium can oxidise a bit and can not be washed in a dishwasher. (The shaft seems SS)

It is a bit small; you will get about 750g of stuffing in each time so you will need to refill regularly (easy to do).

The suction cup can not be removed easily so you need to make sure the inside parts are dry (air dry only...) before storing.

The tube's inside appears scratched, after doing about 20kg of sausages. I hope that this will be just a cosmetic problem.

There is some juice leakage during use so the whole system is not sealed very well. This is a minor issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars homemade sausages, 22 Dec 2013
really pleased with the machine it worked well now must practice harder using sausage skins as they burst whilst cooking.machine is perfect for what I wanted.thanks regards katrina.

2.0 out of 5 stars and with a not bad rate. So I choose it, 5 July 2014
this is the first one ever sausage maker I bought, It is cheap, and with a not bad rate. So I choose it. Used it once. Not good experience at all. One thing is the suction base can not suck onto either my table or bench or any surface I tried. So I could not make the sausage while hold it steady. I had to borrow a third hand from my husband. The other issue it has got strong smell of mineral oil. clean thoroughly before you use. When the meat was pushed through, the juice also leaked between the funnel and the other white plastic base. This made it more difficult to hold the sausage,. ,

4.0 out of 5 stars works well ----but!, 17 Sep 2013
does what it says on the box Have an issue over design in that the locking screw on the threaded shaft is too short. The system works OK but the female thread in the crank is 6mm short, an obvious design / manufacturing fault, OK for now but who knows in 6 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 July 2013
M. Clarke (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Sometimes when buying online I have been disappointed, things do not always live up to expectations. But this little machine is brilliant. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, is well made and very robust and takes all the hard work out of sausage making. On top of that, it comes at only a fraction of the cost of others machines.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 10 Oct 2013
I really like this sausage maker. You do have to attach it very close to the edge of the worktop, though, because towards the end, the handle starts to hit the worktop. It is easy to clean and doesn't take up much space in the cupboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, 9 July 2014
Great quality for the price. You really can't go wrong for what you get for the money. A stainless version would be good though.

4.0 out of 5 stars It made of stainless and is in a good size. It's easy to work with and does ..., 1 July 2014
It made of stainless and is in a good size. It's easy to work with and does exactly what it says on the advertise

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
I recived machine in time and i am very satisfied.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›