5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good
Published 14 months ago by Maybe

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, good value
As other reviewers, I have tried using the stuffer attachment on an electric mincer/grinder (in my case the Kitchen Aid attachment) but it wasn't successful and made a lot of mess - impossible to operate single-handed.
Published 8 months ago by Simon Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Yesterday I spent hours making sausages with my Kenwood Chef for which I had paid a small fortune plus extra for the sausage making appliance. It's not the easiest job but I had the stuff and this little gizmo hadn't yet arrived. I gave up with the Chef before using all of the filling which I saved in the fridge. Today this gadget arrived, so I quickly washed it and set it up, at this point can I say that previous reviews criticising the fitting of the lug nut is easily sorted, when assembling before fitting the handle just screw down the cover a little exposing more thread, voila! Anyway, it took me no time at all to set it up and made the remaining sausage in seconds. Cleaning the Kenwood 45 minutes wasting shed loads of meat, cleaning this little beauty, 5 minutes using a wooden spoon handle to force the remaining meat into a casing (waste not want not) so minimal waste. Most of all it was enjoyable and I didn't have a shed load of washing up afterwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, works well, a bit small, why not SS?, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
I am happy with the product, in general.

It is easy to secure, operate and clean and works well stuffing sausages.I have posted some pictures too.

I have used it on 3 occasions so far and was happy with the results every time. You can adjust the sausage girth easily by regulating the speed at which the intestine moves out.

Can be easily operated by just one person, though it is easier with two if you are doing a lot of sausages.

Some issues:

Why wasn't made with SS? The aluminium can oxidise a bit and can not be washed in a dishwasher. (The shaft seems SS)

It is a bit small; you will get about 750g of stuffing in each time so you will need to refill regularly (easy to do).

The suction cup can not be removed easily so you need to make sure the inside parts are dry (air dry only...) before storing.

The tube's inside appears scratched, after doing about 20kg of sausages. I hope that this will be just a cosmetic problem.

There is some juice leakage during use so the whole system is not sealed very well. This is a minor issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, good value, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
This one works OK, can be easily operated alone and does the job very well. The only issue I have is that (particularly when using the narrower nozzle) there is quite a bit of leakage back past the plunger, so you end up with a lot of sausage mix left behind when you open it to refill. Would recommend for the price, but with that caveat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and amazing customer service!, 16 Jan. 2015
Very, very good choice.

First of all the product works surprisingly good at a mere fraction of the price of other sausage stuffers. The fact that the meat is driven out by a 'piston' that you put direct pressure on by turning the handle gives you a very good control. In my opinions this is a much better solution than a sausage-making attachment for your meat grinder. Suction base works very well, if placed on a completely smooth surface. Yes, the capacity is quite small at (a little less than) one kilo of mixture, but for home use who needs much more?
I have also made sausages for more people with this machine; you just need to refill a couple of times which is not the biggest problem. Last notion on product quality: there is much less plastic than I expected! Only the 'funnel' is plastic, all the rest is (correct me if i'm wrong) aluminium. Pleasant surprise.

And then there is Kitchen Craft customer service. Wow. I recently lost part of the funnel, making the machine quite useless. I contacted kitchen craft with the question if I could order this part separately, and within 2 (or 3?) days I had the part delivered to my house. For free. (I live in Italy!!) Very impressed.

If you want to give home-made sausages a go (and you should!), but don't want to spend hundreds of euros or you don't want to fill up your kitchen with a big machine, definitely buy this machine!

4.0 out of 5 stars works well ----but!, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
does what it says on the box Have an issue over design in that the locking screw on the threaded shaft is too short. The system works OK but the female thread in the crank is 6mm short, an obvious design / manufacturing fault, OK for now but who knows in 6 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent, well made, 9 Jan. 2015
F. Boydell (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
I Have been making sausages for some years using an electric grinder with an attachable stuffing tube which effectively needs 3 hands to use. When this broke I decided to try a proper sausage stuffer. Typically, these cost about £140, so when I saw this one for under £20, I assumed it would be rubbish. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This is an excellent, well made, quality item. As soon as I tied it I knew I should have bought one years ago. So controllable and easy to use. Holding 1kg of mix, it will fill a whole meter of skin without needing re-filling. That's a lot of sausages. Buy with confidence, it's a real gem!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just made my first batch and pleased with the results, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Just made my first batch and pleased with the results. Only problem for me is the suction cup, it simply doesn't work and slides all over the place which means it's a two person job. Other than that it's fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 July 2013
M. Clarke (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Sometimes when buying online I have been disappointed, things do not always live up to expectations. But this little machine is brilliant. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, is well made and very robust and takes all the hard work out of sausage making. On top of that, it comes at only a fraction of the cost of others machines.

2.0 out of 5 stars and with a not bad rate. So I choose it, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
this is the first one ever sausage maker I bought, It is cheap, and with a not bad rate. So I choose it. Used it once. Not good experience at all. One thing is the suction base can not suck onto either my table or bench or any surface I tried. So I could not make the sausage while hold it steady. I had to borrow a third hand from my husband. The other issue it has got strong smell of mineral oil. clean thoroughly before you use. When the meat was pushed through, the juice also leaked between the funnel and the other white plastic base. This made it more difficult to hold the sausage,. ,

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuff you!, 9 April 2015
This review is from: Home Made Sausage Maker (Kitchen & Home)
This is what you need. I have not tried with a mincer with sausage stuffer and after this I don't want too. Fantastic quality stainless and perfect for the job. Before you thread the skin on push a little of the sausage out of the end of the plastic tube and see the results as it removes the sharp edges and improves that part 100%. Great item

Home Made Sausage Maker