5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published 9 months ago by Mrs B

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
With this been a dry oil spray, you have to wait for the product to dry off before getting dressed, I also forgot about the overspray on the tiled floor in the hotel and slipped over! Despite all the other fantastic reviews I used this twice daily and still got eaten by the mosquitos in Africa.
Published 7 months ago by Mrs Tracey Richardson-Lyne

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: 3 x 150ml Bottles of Avon Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Body Spray with Jojoba & Citronellol - The Alternative To Insect Repellent (Misc.)
I am someone who mosquito's tend to hunt down and feast on regardless of whether I'm on holiday or at home and after having a particularly nasty reaction to a bite inflicted upon me and ending up in A&E I have been on the look out for an effective repellent, I decided to try the Avon Skin So Soft option after a Scottish friend told me about how he uses it to avoid being bitten by the Scottish midges. I have to say both myself and my hubby were sceptical as to the effectiveness as the biting blighter's seem hell bent on getting me even when I have worn repellents with Deet in. Have to say it's brilliant, it smells nice, and with no nasty chemicals in it I felt at ease in applying it freely, after a day in the sun it also doubled as a skin moisturiser and I had nearly two weeks without being bitten....The last evening on holiday I missed a small area on my right foot and some opportunistic mossy got me there, but one bite out of two weeks and that was down to me not applying thoroughly isn't bad when I am usually seen as a mossy banquet. As there are no nasty chemicals in Skin So Soft it's safe to use on younger skin too, I will definitely be making more purchases of this for the holiday suitcases as well as keeping in the house for when the mossy season starts again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Midges Watch out, 30 May 2013
My sister in-law said she'd heard that this body lotion is also an insect repellant, so I thought lets give it a go. Half the price of repellant in the shops and a nice smell. It rubs in well so no oily skin. Now we have soft skin and no bites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success!, 13 Mar 2014
My husband uses this against urticaria - itch, he seems to have very sensitive skin and this sprayed on keeps itch at bay.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job!, 29 Jun 2013
Mrs. A. Gardner "Lucy Shore" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
keeps the midges at bay, is good for your skin and smells good too!
Avon often gets bad press - just don't believe it, find out for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Jun 2013
Fast efficient and the only thing that keeps the midges at bay without nasty chemicals. Smells nice too . Thanks a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars worked 4 me, 15 May 2014
bought as a pest repellent and does seem to work having just spent a week in Jamaica.
will use again when travelling

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells lovely, 30 April 2014
I have not been bitten so far. The spray smells very nice and makes my skin feel nice, soft and silky after a winter of trousers.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 14 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out in the Caribbean, 28 Nov 2013
John Ardern "ja" (Hyde, Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
good moisturiser but didn't deter the midges or mossies in Barbados - I didn't actually see citronella noted as an ingredient, although the citronella oil we bought locally did a much better job of repelling the little creatures.

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Midge Bites For Me., 30 May 2014
Have used this product many times, it really, really works. Dread going into the garden without this product. Lovely smell, dries non greasy.