Format: Blu-rayChange

on 3 October 2013
This film, to start with, is a great family which I believe the whole family will enjoy.
I went to see this film in the cinema with my three other friends (aged between 17 and 20!) We all thought this film was one of the best animated films we have seen! I thought the plot was great and I especially like the banter between the dad and the gran which is on going throughout the film. There is a lot of humour, thrilling and emotional moments which makes it a great family film.
I have rated this 5 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be pre-ordering it so I can watch it again and again!
on 10 April 2013
I took my 6 year old son to see this and we both enjoyed it. It had plenty of action, lovable characters, plenty of laughs and a good storyline. I wouldnt compare this at all to Ice Age 4, in fact I enjoyed it better than that and Im 32.
I would recommend this to everyone from age 4-100. If you havent seen it, then go, you will enjoy it. Ill definitly get this on DVD when it comes out!
on 6 October 2013
The Croods are the last prehistoric family and they live by some simple rules such as: stay in the cave, do not try anything new, and always be afraid.

The problems appear when Eep sneaks out of the cave one night and meats Guy. Also their world is ending and their cave is destroyed and all the family is forced to try new things and find another safe place for them.

They travel along with Guy to find a cave into the mountains and in their way they encounter a lot of fantastic creatures.

The film is funny because the head of the family, Grug who uses only the brute force to solve problems has to deal with his teenage daughter who falls in love with Guy and keep his family safe in a new and strange environment.

In conclusion: a funny animation which has a lot of funny moments. I would recommend it to all animation films fans.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
What a great film the croods is it's very funny a great family film set in the prehistoric age when the earth starts to change and the earth starts to split the croods must find a new area to live in it becomes a matter of live and death great film that comes highly recommended.
on 10 April 2015
The Croods is a charmingly entertaining action adventure from the makers of Shrek! With some top notch animation and a fun cast of colourful characters this is one of the studio's better offerings.

It starts off with a short set up and then gets straight into the action. It pretty much doesnt stop for breath from there. Following a family of cavemen that are scared of everything and never venture from the small area they call home you can pretty much guess the story as it comes. However the action beats and comedic touches littered throughout help elevate any boredom.

If anything it may be a touch too long and a couple of members of the family are only there to add a little comedy and not much else but all in all a very enjoyable film. Certainly worth a rewatch!
on 22 May 2014
While this has received mixed reviews, I can't help but love this film. It has fun, love, adventure and laughter in excess, with children able to learn a few life lessons at the end of the film.

Taking on the concept of a family of 'cavemen' dealing with the end of the world, the film takes it audience through beautifully animated deserts, forests and caverns, all of which include fantastic sequences of action and comedy.

Yes, it is like Ice Age in some ways, but that's because of who the film is made by; of course tree will be similarities. However, you cannot fault the ingenuity of the writers - I mean, look at all the fascinating creatures and plant life within the feature!

Overall, this film is definitely one to watch. Especially if it's in 3D.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 January 2015
I bought this for the kids but watching it myself it's a solid animated film which makes for good family friendly entertainment.
The cast is also good with some excellent voice acting from Nicholas Cage as Grug Crood, Ryan Reynolds with his distinctive voice he plays "Guy" the cave boy and Emma Stone is Eep the teenage cave girl who is restless and keen to see the world.

The story follows the Crood family as they are forced to find a new life as their cave is destroyed meeting new characters on their journey in search of a new life. It's not the top end of animated films, but provides solid light entertainment with good animation and effective voice acting.

A good buy for the kids but also very watchable for all the family
on 28 July 2013
This movie is a funny and is also a touching movie. It has a great story to it and Nicholas Cage blew me away. There is a great selection of characters and by far the funniest was Belt.
on 12 December 2013
Loved this film, funny, serious, warm. Paradies almost every aspect of family life. I dare you to not recognise someone you know in each character, especially Eep. Good all round family film and a must for christmas.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2013
Great story eye popping 3D brilliant animation and amazing characters. I would review it 100/10!!!!!!! Looking forward for getting it for christmas.And what's with the late release