5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Games by Jeff Menapace
Published 13 months ago by Annette Payne

3.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously dark and gruesome
This was my first book from Jeff Menapace and I was engrossed in the storyline. I like the author's easy going style and the story of the two evil brothers and their bad games was a great beginning. I think that this author will get better the more books he writes, I have already got Vengeful Games and I am saving it for a dark winter's night.
Published 5 months ago by J Bannion

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Games by Jeff Menapace, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
My husband reads lots of books on his Kindle, thrillers usually, I prefer popular paperbacks and only have spare time to read them on holiday. I was with him when he ordered a bunch of new ones and spotted he selected 'Bad Games' (A Dark Psychological Thriller). I challenged myself to break the mold and read just the first chapter of something very different to my preferred choice.
Needless to say, I could'nt put it down and was 62% into it when I reluctently switched off in the early hours of the morning. The Kindle was switched on before the kettle and I did'nt start my chores untill it was finished.
The description ' a dark psychological thriller' is exactly what you got, and catapulting you into the plot quickly and effectively, concluding with a clever 'sting in the tail'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This is simply a brilliant book. It reminded me a lot of some of Richard Laymons's best books - normal people put into great peril by one or more psychopaths. The story flows effortlessly and the dialogue is believable and does a great job of building up the characters personalities. I can't wait for the sequel Vengeful Games. Jeff Menapace is definitely one to watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another new author to knock your socks off!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This book had been hidden amongst the other hundreds of books on my Kindle that I promise myself I will get around to reading eventually. Why it wasn't screaming at me to read it immediately is a mystery. This book has all the features of a perfect read, to me. I love serial killers, inbreds, deserted places etc and this book has them all. I loved the central theme of nature versus nurture, and the fantastic way that the author leads the reader on a wild goose chase with this theory. I don't want to give too much of the story away. Read the synopsis for detailed information as to what the book is about. If you like the synopsis, you will LOVE this book. I cannot praise it enough. This author is definitely on my favourite list. He also gives you a glimpse at the end of the book of, wait for it, a sequel!! Woohoo. Happy days. Brilliantly well written, wonderful story line, believable characters, suspense and much gore. What more could you want? I defy any reader of this book not to enjoy it. One teeny, tiny niggle (and this is just me, and doesn't take away the enjoyment of the story at all) is that the husband and wife team call each other "baby" quite a lot. Maybe that is normal in American relationships though? Anyway...buy this book. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad games, Bad Taste, Brilliant!, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put it down from the first page to the last. The writer kept me wanting more. I like writers who get on with the story, not those who describe every nook and cranny in a room before getting to the point. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, creepy, creepy !!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
An innocent family with the intent to pass a relaxing weekend away from the city go to stay in a cabin by Crescent Lake. Little did they know that they have chosen 'hell' for their vacation. Even before they arrive at their destination, strange things start to happen.

They encounter and fall prey to the sick minds of two psychopath brothers who happen to live in that area with their sick mother. These brothers live with the notion that they came to this world with the sole purpose of torturing and tormenting people for their own amusement. Encounters with these brothers turn from strange and odd at the beginning to horrific in no time.

This is a very creepy novel that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. Try not to read it before you go to sleep as you may get nightmares...When I was reading it at night I had to check that I have locked all doors and windows...just in case.

If you like to read good dark, disturbing novels full of suspense then read Jeff Menapace's novels. You won't regret it and like me you will want more from this author, in fact I will now start reading the sequel to this novel 'Vengeful Games'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Great book , from first page , great page turner. Now reading the second one vengeful. Games which seems to be just as good

5.0 out of 5 stars How a 'Dark Thriller' should be!, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
To me, this was a brilliant purchase and it was well worth it. I have read many dark thrillers as I love the kind of fiction that can bridge a thriller to horror. And this does the job impeccably.

The plot was brilliant and the characters are plausible. It is a novel that really does explore the dark psyches of two of the most vilest characters you could ever have the profound misfortune to meet. The sheer uneasiness that the two psychotic brothers can generate will have you riveted to this novel. For me, it felt I was going into Jack Ketchum territory - which is not a problem since I'm a fan of his work - but this really takes you into a very dark place indeed.

What is really scary about this novel is that such events have actually occurred. And what the family in this story gets subjected to is truly the stuff of nightmares.

This is a brilliant novel by a really good writer and I bought the sequel immediately. Forget the odd poor review of this novel, they simply bought the wrong book. For me, this has the potential to be made into a pretty effective film - and I hope it does.

Bravo, a great work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting!, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Has you gripped from page one! One of the best books I have read, I finished it in two days! Definitely going to read the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, adrenaline pumping, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
A real page turner, the stuff of nightmares. Loved the book couldn't put it down. Ready to download the sequel Now !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bad Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I loved this from the minute I started reading,very spooky and scary. I am now very tempted to read more from this author.

ARRAY(0x9d26aa14)