on 7 April 2012
Does exactly what I hope of it: informs clearly and concisely a multitude of Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome. Yes in some places the writing is a little dull but I see this book more as a reference point than a drama or thrilling fantasy. This is intended to inform and it achieves this perfectly.
on 23 September 2012
Very good book. It explains who each of the Gods are, in an order which makes sense. It tells you the stories behind the Gods, what scarfices were made to them, what they looked like and what they were God of. A must read for anyone who is interested in the Gods of Ancient Greece.
I love Greek Mythology , I even have an "A" grade O level in it , but I felt I needed an update and this was perfect for me, I skimmed over the Roman bits. I really enjoyed and I love the list at the back of all the names and places. Made it easier to chose the new kittens name, she is now Clio after the muse of history ( not the car aas my 20 year old son thought). If you want a good insight to the basis of greek mythology then this is a good cheap little download.
on 4 January 2011
A book that informs about greek mythology and its characters in a easy but non patronizing style. I highly recommend it.
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2012
Very good read. I have always been interested in the Greek methology so its good to finally have a book that has all the stories of the gods and goddesses

Would highly recommend this to anyone
on 10 September 2014
This is quite an enjoyable book. I have read half of it. It is well read and cross referenced. Probably best used as a reference book, but could be read cover to cover, although I started to lose some interest the further I went into it. Well written.
on 25 April 2016
I bought this for my kindle along with two other similar books. I find it helps if I get a bit bored in one book I can switch to another to keep my interest so this has been as helpful as the other two.
on 29 November 2014
Have always been interested in mythology and this book is easy to dip into to refresh my memory or to learn something new.
A good book that can be used for reference, story telling or just a good read. A good buy.
on 2 September 2013
This subject is so complex that the more references one has the better. The ancient Greek imagination used to create stories to explain the environment is superb. The problem is to untangle from the story just what aspect of our environment is committed to the story. Great scope for some detective work. A really good book on the subject is Hamlet's Mill, now out of print and very expensive.
on 2 January 2016
I love everything to do with Greak and Roman myths, but this book is very hard to read. I will admit that I only read the first chapter and then had to give up. I found it very confusing and poorly laid out. It doesn't really explain things well and the lineage of the Gods and Demi-Gods is very poorly done, with lots of jumping around timelines.