on 16 October 2014
The rainbow hand pointer is just a plastic hand on a plastic stick, It is kind of fun. Not being able to choose the colour, I was sent a yellow one. The size of the pointing finger is pretty much the same size as a child's finger, which doesn't point to single letters in a book, so I have had to purchase a smaller plastic pointer, which was relatively really pricey.

Working side by side with students, I also found the length of the stick was too long to manipulate at close quarters. The class teacher uses one of these for pointing to the large whiteboard in class.

To sum up, if you want to help children to read by pointing to words, then it is fine, if you need to point to words letter by letter then it is too big. Being a child's size finger - ish, then if you can shorten the stick or detach the hand, you could use it as a fun way to remind children to make finger spaces between words when writing. More useful for teacher's as a pointing stick for the whole class, though I believe there is a larger one than this.

Depends what you want to use it for. In my case, it does meet my needs :D.
on 22 October 2014
Very efficient and received the colour I asked for. I had a response to a question asked almost immediately. Couldn't fault the company or the product.
on 3 June 2014
My pupils are less shy coming to the board when they know they can use this. I thought the price was a bit high as you can find cheaper ones now.
on 20 October 2013
Brand new single hand pointer. Has made reaching the top of the IWB much easier for smaller children. They love it!
on 15 December 2013
What a find! Children found it funny and used it to break down unfamiliar words they thought they were teachers!!
on 2 December 2015
Bought this for a teaching aid and it has been commandeered by my daughter who loves to play 'schools'!!
on 24 December 2014
Love it. I have been looking for this for some time as my old one went missing during the summer hols.
on 11 October 2014
A great teaching aid which encourages all children to participate as they are keen to have a turn.
on 13 September 2014
Mine is pink, but just the right size to use as a pointer in the class room with a Smartboard
on 14 June 2016
Absolute load of rubbish, £6.99 for one pointer!!!

See one answered question