5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money
Published 7 months ago by Michelle

2.0 out of 5 stars Trendnet TPL-308E2K 200mps ethernet adaptor (two)
I now have the maximum number of these plugged in (DIRECTLY TO A SOCKET - not extension leads.) They work perfectly and anybody who says otherwise is either doing it wrong or has a dodgy power system!
These items DID work perfectly and I stand by my original review except that they only work for a limited time.

Mine have now virtually stopped working and...
Published 5 months ago by wrinklie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: TRENDnet TPL-308E2K 200 Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter (Pack of 2) (Personal Computers)
I purchased this for my Talk Talk YouView. They were going to charge me 35 for their own one. I read a review to say someone else had used it for this and took a gamble. As the other person said it works perfectly. I didn't read any manuals, just plugged it into my router and plugged the other one into the YouView box and hey presto it just worked instantly. I held my breath as it was configuring, expecting some problem, but nothing - works perfectly. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Dec 2013
Never heard of Powerline adaptors until I got Youview from Talktalk - very disappointed that the box supplied was not Wifi (how poor is that?) and thought I was going to have to string about 20 metres of ethernet cable around the house. Bought these instead and it couldn't have been simpler - just connected them up and away to go, marvellous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely simple to use, 30 Sep 2013
Mr. John Russell (Perth, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great and compact system to allow you to set up a network in your house. I use it to connect my sky satellite box for on demand due to my phone line being upstairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 words: Play and play, 15 Oct 2013
Easy as pie to use. I didn't even bother reading the info that came with the box. The quick set-up sheet was enough. Just plug one adaptor into the socket and connect an included ethernet cable to the adaptor; take the other adaptor to another place and plug in there. I used mine in a garden room (there are electricity sockets in the garden room connected to the house wiring) where there was no WiFi connection from the house. Now in my garden room I get 14-15 Mbps whereas sitting next to the router and using the WiFi only gets 8-9 Mbps. Incredible. Only had the product for a few hours; let's see how it lasts over the next few weeks.

My only quibble would be that the adaptor makes some high pitched squeeking noises (almost outside the human hearing range) but it would need to be awfully quiet for this to be noticeable.

The delivery was super quick. Ordered on Friday electing the free 3-5 day service; arrived on Monday morning after the weekend! Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Dec 2013
Received the adapters within three days never used powerline adapters before, as until I got a talk talk freeview box which they reccomended their own costing double,so I brought these opened up looked at instructions easily set up worked strait away even when they are plugged into a four gang socket extension great saves wires everywhere and would highly reccomend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Oct 2013
Plug and Play !! This is how technology should be. Plug it in, connect the wires. and it works. No messing around, it just works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solve xbox 360 wireless lagging and internet drop outs when gaming !, 10 Dec 2013
I needed something for my xbox 360 slim console as although it comes with built in wi-fi it wasn't a good wireless connection from my router to my xbox at the other end of the house with doors closed. I heard about Powerline Adapters and was referred to the 500 Mbps products which were more expensive, but I found out that the cheaper 200 Mbps mdoels would work just as well for xbox. I bought them from Amazon for a great price well under 20, they arrived quickly and well packaged. I sync them up at a double electric socket and then plugged one into my Router, with the ethernet lead provided, and plugged that into the mains socket and plugged the other one, after connecting it to my Xbox 360, into the mains socket. Wait a couple of seconds for the flashing green lights to stop flashing and away you go. I now have perfect wireless reception for my Xbox in another room, with no lagging or drop outs and working just as good as the router was right next to it. Works great and I would recomend it !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Oct 2013
R. L. Drinkwater (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Whilst they are rated at 200Mbps, in my 50's built house the best data rate that can be achieved over about 25 feet is 11Mbps - sufficient for the job of connecting the router (best speed circa 6Mbps) to my You-View box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solved a problem., 14 Oct 2013
I've fitted this in order to stream HD video between rooms. The existing wifi worked well but did glitch a little when transmitting 1080. This has no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars it just works, 11 Oct 2013
A. Forrest "Sandman" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
been keeping an eye on powerline adapters to add to my network, using these to link 2 routers in my house and it just works out of the box, main router is virgin superhub and second is an old linksys running ddwrt.
It worked straight out of the box, no config and no messing about (appart form the router settings) but the homeplugs are well worth the 15 paid