4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and has really helped reduce wrist strain
I have been using this mouse now for a few weeks and have really noticed the difference.
When I found I was having problems (again) with wrist pain I started looking at options for an upright mouse and come up with two, the Evoluent which is over £70 for a cable version or the Anker, which is less than £20 for wireless.
As it happens my wife now uses the...
Published 16 months ago by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Clumsy, not for me.
I was really looking forward to this mouse: a radically new design that might save my aching shoulder. I do a lot of computer work and I'm often using my mouse for 8 hours at a time. I'm not a gamer, I type a lot, as well as needing a mouse.

First, the good points: installation was easy, and the USB plug sits tidily in the PC, no wires at all.

But I...
Published 4 months ago by Mac MacLaren

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and has really helped reduce wrist strain, 23 Oct. 2013
Mike "I listen to my audio books while drivin... (WAKEFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, USB, 800 / 1200 / 1600DPI, 5 Buttons - Black (Personal Computers)
As it happens my wife now uses the Evoluent mouse at work and she bought it home for me to try and I was not impressed. I found it too upright and as a result struggled with accuracy and kept clicking the wrong button. I bought the Anker mouse and have been very pleased. The angle is much more natural and comfortable on the wrist than a traditional mouse but has just enough slope on it that you can make the transition to using this mouse with ease. Very responsive and the fact that it turns off after 10 minutes or so must help save battery. It wakes up with a click of the mouse button so I don't feel it slows me down. I know some reviewers felt it needs a lip on the bottom so your little finger isn't being rubbed over the mouse mat. This might help but I have not found it any problem. The only thinkg to be aware of is that it is higher than a traditional mouse so I do have a slight tendency to move my hand across from the keyboard and send it flying. (My son has commented on the same thing when he uses the computer). I'm sure this is something I will get used to and.
All in all I am really pleased. A great mouse, very easy to pick up and use and massively reduced the problems I was getting with my wrist. I jsut need one at work now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse, make sure you have good batteries though, 4 Aug. 2014
M. K. Bowler (Leicester, U.K) - See all my reviews
EDIT: The review I wrote below was about 2 days before this mouse stopped working again! I had read other reviews on Amazon where people had had a similar issue. Conveniently, Anker got in touch to ask how I was getting along with the product. I politely informed them about the mouse issues and they immediately got back in touch apologising for the issues and asked for my shipping address for them to send me a new one. The new mouse arrived within 2 days and so far works perfectly. Top customer service!

Thanks Anker, highly recommended.

I saw someone at my workplace with this and they highly recommended it when I mentioned my existing conventional mouse gave me wrist strain.
Fast delivery and great quality feel. One word of advice i will give is make sure you have some decent AAA batteries. I used some cheap Asda Alkaline ones initially but the mouse kept freezing so I guess they weren't providing the proper voltage or current. I then purchased some Lithium AAA (Energizer & Duracell do these) which I am a big fan of for other devices anyway as they last a ridiculous amount of time, so that was £4 well spent as it now works perfectly. Just something to bear in mind if this happens to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars ergonomic mouse, 11 Jun. 2013
I decided to buy this mouse as I have arthritis and my normal mouse was causing more pain in my hands/wrist, I wish I had discovered this ergonomic mouse sooner as I have found it very easy to use and has helped with pain usually felt when using a mouse for any length of time. Very easy to use all buttons with minimal movement of thumb/fingers, much more comfortable to hold and use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clumsy, not for me., 14 Oct. 2014

But I couldn't get on with this mouse. My old mouse took less muscle power to operate, and was easy to get hold of. It sat to the right of my keyboard, and I could swap easily between keyboard and mouse without even looking.

The Anker mouse isn't easy to locate. You have to move your hand more to start using it, either up and then down onto the mouse, or move your hand towards you, then across, then forwards.

Compared to my old Logitech mouse, this mouse has a noisy click - not something you might worry about, but it annoyed me: if Logitech can make a near-silent mouse, why can't Anker?

I didn't like holding this mouse, because it meant that my hand dragged along the desk (or maybe it was my technique?)

The final straw, though, was knocking it off the desk, time after time! It's because of the extra hand movement required when moving from the keyboard. The last time I sent it flying, the batteries came out. I put them back in, and now the mouse is broken. It won't work any more because I dropped it onto a soft carpet. That shouldn't happen. Back to a normal mouse for me. Goodbye, vertical mice!

Update: the day after I posted this review, Anker got in touch with me via Amazon and wanted to put everything right. I declined a replacement mouse but accepted a full refund. This is excellent customer care: 5 out of 5 to Anker for their dedication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 15 July 2013
This is a really easy to use ergonomic mouse - lightweight and comfortable. The RSI in my wrist doesn't flare up when I use it. I would buy again and would recommend it as an alternative to the normal mouse if you have wrist problems too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gamer/Programmer POV review, 25 April 2013
Well, here I am, reviewing another interesting piece of technology from Anker.

Let's start out with the packaging. The box is secure and nice, and the mouse is visible through the transparent case. It contains the mouse and a small box that has an anker logo thing and the USB wireless receiver. From the start there are a few things that this product lacks: a user manual (proper one, not a print-out on the small box) and batteries. Usually batteries are not included when purchasing electronics and components, however it would have been nice to have it written down in the manual what type of batteries you need (2 x AAA 1.5v btw)

Onto the mouse! The products looks professional and appealing, it has a nice feel to it, however rather cheap-ish. The design is great and everything seems great. On the bottom side however there are a few things that need to be improved: the anti-slide legs are off a bit and seem smaller than the plastic border ring that they are encased in. The small door that opens up the battery compartment is rather loose and the hole that should hold the USB receiver is not of proper size (on one side the receiver is loose and can fall off, on the other side it's too tight and takes a while to get out).

Performance and handling:

Regarding performance, the mouse behaves wonderful. the DPI changer is the button on the top and all the settings are smooth and accurate. It works on all surfaces without issues and the range is very good as well. It took some time to get used to it, however there is one major problem: the mouse is in desperate need of a finger rest for the pinkie finger. I do not have very big hands, but when I use the mouse with my hand relaxed (which is the purpose of the product), the pinkie finger falls off and drags along the mat, sometimes even stopping the mouse. Extremely annoying and it has prevented me from continuing the use of the mouse. Also because of that I wasn't able to attempt a gaming session with it.

So, here are a list of PROs and CONs:

PROs:

- Cheap
- Extremely easy to install: no software needed
- Amazing design for such a price
- Quite comfortable in web browsing environment.

CONs:

- No manual.
- Bottom part has several issues: battery door, anti-slide feet, receiver storage hole.
- Small finger usually drags on the mat/desk when used in more dynamic conditions.

Suggestions:

Add a proper manual to it, fix the bottom side issues and add a rest along the whole right side of the mouse to rest the pinkie finger on it. Also, remove the silver/metal ring around the scroll wheel, it has no place in the mouse's design whatsoever. Also, consider adding a spare receiver, I almost lost mine twice and it's been only three days since I had it.

Anker gave me this product in exchange for my honest feedback

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable mouse but rotational orientation misaligned! Software solution offered below, 1 Oct. 2014
T. Millross (London / Loughborough) - See all my reviews
This mouse is comfortable and easy on the wrists. It's light and glides smoothly across my wooden desk at work.
However there appears to be a significant design flaw surprisingly unmentioned in many other reviews...
When you move the mouse left on the desk, you expect the cursor to move horizontally left on the screen. This mouse instead moves down and left. When you move right, it goes up and right. Following a line on screen like this: _,,..--~ˉ`
The entire orientation is a number degrees rotated, compared to what you are used to with all other mice. My colleagues, on trying the mouse, identified the exact same problem without prompting. We tried to hold it differently, but then it's less snug the hand, ruining the ergonomic design.
Fortunately there is a software solution. 'SakasaMouse' is freeware program which can be used to invert the Y or X-axis of a mouse, or adjust the orientation. A 9-degrees clockwise rotation appears to be an optimal correction for me personally, though it may vary in your hands. This software can be found for free online. I've added it to my 'Startup' folder on Windows 7 so it opens automatically on each login.

5.0 out of 5 stars Build quality is great although I'm a little paranoid about the rubberised texture, 22 Nov. 2014
I've been trying to find ways to improve my working conditions. That involved replacing keyboards with mechanical ones and getting wrist and palm support on my desk. I also began looking at new mouse options and this is something that came up in a search. I didn't intend on getting one of these at first but in the end bought 3; 2 wireless ones for myself and a wired one for a family member.

Build quality is great although I'm a little paranoid about the rubberised texture. This is something that nearly always begins to degrade with time particularly if it gets accidentally scratched which causes the seal in the texture to breach and will eventually peel. The wireless version feels quite light. I might modify my examples slightly to make them feel a little more weighty, but another option would be to get a mouse mat. If you are using this on a desk then beware that because you are pressing the mouse buttons vertically it feels almost like you are pushing the mouse to the left. With a textured surface like a mouse mat the surface of the mouse will grib a little more which would help with that. At the end of the day though this is not a problem with the device but rather a question of adapting to a slightly unusual form factor.

In the time that I've been using it, a couple of weeks, I have noticed a difference. The positioning of the arm and the hand on the desk feels more natural. There is no twist of the wrist and forearm and the device fits perfectly between the thumb and forefinger and wrest great in the palm.

I have smallish hands however but I think it would be an even better fit for those with medium sized hands.

The middle wheel has a nice level of resistance and a subtle feedback. It doesn't spin which is fine for me.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I replaced my logitech wireless mouse I was pleased that this mouse also has a small hole for storing the wireless receiver just like my logitech device had. So if you are carrying this around in a laptop back or whatever you can at least know that you won't lose the receiver easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent product from Anker -- it takes some getting used to though, 9 Aug. 2014
I bought one of these for my girlfriend who has been experiencing wrist issues and we liked it so much I bought a second one for me too. It doesn't feel as awkward in the beginning as I thought but it takes a few weeks before it feels completely natural -- I am getting there but at the moment I still have a few problems with accuracy in pointing quickly and smoothly. Otherwise, it feels easier on the wrist, although clicking the wheel is more difficult unless you adjust the position of your hand. I find that the pointy top corner could be lower. It doesn't serve a purpose other than making the mouse look like a shark and, as others said, it stands in the way when you move your hand from the keyboard back to the mouse. The result is that even today, several weeks after I purchased the mouse, I accidentally hit the mouse with the back of my hand. The batteries seem to last forever, the option of selecting DPIs is useful and the mouse feels very well put together, as I would expect from Anker.

Anker have an excellent reputation and they are always keen to keep it. At some point I was concerned about battery life with one of the mice, but it turned out faulty rechargeable batteries were to blame. However, in the meanwhile, Anker rushed to offer to resolve the problem if I was not happy, which is very reassuring.

In case you are wondering too, the receiver will only work with this one device. If you get a 2.4G wireless keyboard you will need the separate receiver.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel, nice operation but EXTREMELY low life expectancy., 9 Jan. 2015
Mr. R. D. Baggaley "Monkey boy" (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
The feel of this mouse is pretty good. Its extremely comfortable and the learning curve is short. However. Mine only lasted 2 weeks of work before the scroll wheel began to fail. another week and it had failed completely. scrolling and clicking had stopped. Being an engineer i took it apart to see if i could repair it. Its so basic its unreal where most use optical rotary encoders this uses a switch encoder where the scroll wheel shaft turns it. Nothing wrong with that but it explains the low resolution scroll. The quality of the encoder is the issue. Its MEGA cheap and had failed completely.

Another item scrapped rather than repaired which is SUCH a waste as i genuinely enjoyed using this mouse until its premature demise.