4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and has really helped reduce wrist strain
I have been using this mouse now for a few weeks and have really noticed the difference.
When I found I was having problems (again) with wrist pain I started looking at options for an upright mouse and come up with two, the Evoluent which is over £70 for a cable version or the Anker, which is less than £20 for wireless.
As it happens my wife now uses the...
Published 20 months ago by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Clumsy, not for me.
I was really looking forward to this mouse: a radically new design that might save my aching shoulder. I do a lot of computer work and I'm often using my mouse for 8 hours at a time. I'm not a gamer, I type a lot, as well as needing a mouse.

First, the good points: installation was easy, and the USB plug sits tidily in the PC, no wires at all.

But I...
Published 8 months ago by Mac MacLaren

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and has really helped reduce wrist strain, 23 Oct. 2013
Mike "I listen to my audio books while drivin... (WAKEFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, USB, 800 / 1200 / 1600DPI, 5 Buttons - Black (Personal Computers)
As it happens my wife now uses the Evoluent mouse at work and she bought it home for me to try and I was not impressed. I found it too upright and as a result struggled with accuracy and kept clicking the wrong button. I bought the Anker mouse and have been very pleased. The angle is much more natural and comfortable on the wrist than a traditional mouse but has just enough slope on it that you can make the transition to using this mouse with ease. Very responsive and the fact that it turns off after 10 minutes or so must help save battery. It wakes up with a click of the mouse button so I don't feel it slows me down. I know some reviewers felt it needs a lip on the bottom so your little finger isn't being rubbed over the mouse mat. This might help but I have not found it any problem. The only thinkg to be aware of is that it is higher than a traditional mouse so I do have a slight tendency to move my hand across from the keyboard and send it flying. (My son has commented on the same thing when he uses the computer). I'm sure this is something I will get used to and.
All in all I am really pleased. A great mouse, very easy to pick up and use and massively reduced the problems I was getting with my wrist. I jsut need one at work now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to life changing, 12 Jun. 2013
C. Edwards "themadestc@hotmail.com" (Reading, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
I admit, 'life changing' is a strong term. However, I compete in two sports, Powerlifting and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, that require your arms to be in great condition. I started working 9-5 in an office and began getting AWFUL pains in my mouse clicking arm. It would keep me awake at night, and more importantly, stopped me being able to compete.

I looked for some solutions and saw a review for a vertical mouse. This particular mouse was expensive, so I decided to try a 'cheaper' one first. At just £11.99, the Anker fits into this category, but as a product it's anything but cheap. Beautifully designed, it looks like a piece of NASA technology sat on your desk. The rubberised texture is very pleasing to the touch, while the action on the buttons and jog wheel are near perfect. It also took no getting used to, which I was a little apprehensive about.

Here is the biggest thing though, the mouse is extremely comfortable to use, and since buying it a month ago I've had NO ARM PAIN WHATSOEVER. I mean, how can something for less than £12 work that kind of wonders?

Seriously, if you're suffering from RSI for any reason and spend a lot of time at the computer, you'd be crazy not to give this a try.

Thank you Anker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for a first time "Verticaleer", 25 Jan. 2013
I've had a few different "Vertical" mice before, many are quite expensive but lack either sensitivity, back/forward buttons, require software or a plethora of other problems.

Not so with the Anker mouse. Rather than being an entirely vertical 90 degrees, its more of a 45 degree grasp. This is fantastic if it's your first time using one of these types of mouse. The angle is just right, allowing you to move and adjust to it quite quickly. Within 2-3 days I was using it as quickly and efficiently as a plain old mouse.

Additionally, if you suffer from RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury), as I occasionally do, this will have you right-as-rain in no time. After weeks of use I've had no pains.

Hardware-wise, the mouse works on all sorts of OSes that I use, from older Windows 2000 machines to newer Windows 8 and even my server and laptop (Solaris & Ubuntu). All work just fine without any special drivers or other software.

The sensor is surprisingly good, I bring the mouse with me to various locations with various working surfaces. Many optical sensors, even above the 1000DPI of the Anker mouse, have problems with some surfaces causing them to loose accuracy. However, that's not something I've experienced on the Anker mouse - fantastic.

The only downside to the mouse that I could find were the main left/right buttons, which are quite loud and "clicky". The Back and forward buttons are also positioned on the lower side of the mouse under the thumb. This can be a bit tricky to reach - If I could redesign the mouse I'd have them just above the thumb. These are really tiny problems though and not something you're likely to be concerned about.

Overall, for the price and comparison to other similar mice I've used in the past, I highly rate this mouse. It's certainly worth the money if it's your first foray into vertical-mouse-territory.

5.0 out of 5 stars ergonomic mouse, 11 Jun. 2013
I decided to buy this mouse as I have arthritis and my normal mouse was causing more pain in my hands/wrist, I wish I had discovered this ergonomic mouse sooner as I have found it very easy to use and has helped with pain usually felt when using a mouse for any length of time. Very easy to use all buttons with minimal movement of thumb/fingers, much more comfortable to hold and use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clumsy, not for me., 14 Oct. 2014

But I couldn't get on with this mouse. My old mouse took less muscle power to operate, and was easy to get hold of. It sat to the right of my keyboard, and I could swap easily between keyboard and mouse without even looking.

The Anker mouse isn't easy to locate. You have to move your hand more to start using it, either up and then down onto the mouse, or move your hand towards you, then across, then forwards.

Compared to my old Logitech mouse, this mouse has a noisy click - not something you might worry about, but it annoyed me: if Logitech can make a near-silent mouse, why can't Anker?

I didn't like holding this mouse, because it meant that my hand dragged along the desk (or maybe it was my technique?)

The final straw, though, was knocking it off the desk, time after time! It's because of the extra hand movement required when moving from the keyboard. The last time I sent it flying, the batteries came out. I put them back in, and now the mouse is broken. It won't work any more because I dropped it onto a soft carpet. That shouldn't happen. Back to a normal mouse for me. Goodbye, vertical mice!

Update: the day after I posted this review, Anker got in touch with me via Amazon and wanted to put everything right. I declined a replacement mouse but accepted a full refund. This is excellent customer care: 5 out of 5 to Anker for their dedication.

4.0 out of 5 stars Broke down after 6 months of use, 1 July 2013
After 6 months of use the scroll wheel has broken down. Still waiting for information on how to get the mouse fixed or replaced... :(
UPDATE: EXCELLENT support service! I'm waiting for a replacement free of charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars ERGONOMIC BUDGET VERTICAL MOUSE MUST HAVE!!!!, 17 May 2013
I have been diagnosed with chronic tendonitis in both my right and left hand as a result of poor ergonomics in electronic devices. This product is amazing and well packaged. For 10 gbp you cannot go wrong at all. It is very nice to use and feels right. It does not take time getting used to at all, rather it is a mouse that has been rotated by 45 degrees. The texture of the device is nice and blue neon is a nice aesthetic feature. It is not wireless but that is not a major issue for me. The is a budget ergonomic vertical mouse and this type of mouse should be the default standard. I am very pleased with this purchase and I highly recommend this product. I have used those joystick type mouse which are much more vertical and I have found this mouse to be more comfortable and efficient when using it. The only issue I have found is that when using this mouse in a mac the scroll wheel has to be used in the opposite direction in order to scroll down which is not a big deal. In windows the scroll wheel is normal. The usb tip is gold in colour, I do not know whether it is gold plated but its a nice feature anywho.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse, make sure you have good batteries though, 4 Aug. 2014
M. K. Bowler (Leicester, U.K) - See all my reviews
EDIT: The review I wrote below was about 2 days before this mouse stopped working again! I had read other reviews on Amazon where people had had a similar issue. Conveniently, Anker got in touch to ask how I was getting along with the product. I politely informed them about the mouse issues and they immediately got back in touch apologising for the issues and asked for my shipping address for them to send me a new one. The new mouse arrived within 2 days and so far works perfectly. Top customer service!

Thanks Anker, highly recommended.

I saw someone at my workplace with this and they highly recommended it when I mentioned my existing conventional mouse gave me wrist strain.
Fast delivery and great quality feel. One word of advice i will give is make sure you have some decent AAA batteries. I used some cheap Asda Alkaline ones initially but the mouse kept freezing so I guess they weren't providing the proper voltage or current. I then purchased some Lithium AAA (Energizer & Duracell do these) which I am a big fan of for other devices anyway as they last a ridiculous amount of time, so that was £4 well spent as it now works perfectly. Just something to bear in mind if this happens to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 15 July 2013
This is a really easy to use ergonomic mouse - lightweight and comfortable. The RSI in my wrist doesn't flare up when I use it. I would buy again and would recommend it as an alternative to the normal mouse if you have wrist problems too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gamer/Programmer POV review, 25 April 2013
Well, here I am, reviewing another interesting piece of technology from Anker.

Let's start out with the packaging. The box is secure and nice, and the mouse is visible through the transparent case. It contains the mouse and a small box that has an anker logo thing and the USB wireless receiver. From the start there are a few things that this product lacks: a user manual (proper one, not a print-out on the small box) and batteries. Usually batteries are not included when purchasing electronics and components, however it would have been nice to have it written down in the manual what type of batteries you need (2 x AAA 1.5v btw)

Onto the mouse! The products looks professional and appealing, it has a nice feel to it, however rather cheap-ish. The design is great and everything seems great. On the bottom side however there are a few things that need to be improved: the anti-slide legs are off a bit and seem smaller than the plastic border ring that they are encased in. The small door that opens up the battery compartment is rather loose and the hole that should hold the USB receiver is not of proper size (on one side the receiver is loose and can fall off, on the other side it's too tight and takes a while to get out).

Performance and handling:

Regarding performance, the mouse behaves wonderful. the DPI changer is the button on the top and all the settings are smooth and accurate. It works on all surfaces without issues and the range is very good as well. It took some time to get used to it, however there is one major problem: the mouse is in desperate need of a finger rest for the pinkie finger. I do not have very big hands, but when I use the mouse with my hand relaxed (which is the purpose of the product), the pinkie finger falls off and drags along the mat, sometimes even stopping the mouse. Extremely annoying and it has prevented me from continuing the use of the mouse. Also because of that I wasn't able to attempt a gaming session with it.

So, here are a list of PROs and CONs:

PROs:

- Cheap
- Extremely easy to install: no software needed
- Amazing design for such a price
- Quite comfortable in web browsing environment.

CONs:

- No manual.
- Bottom part has several issues: battery door, anti-slide feet, receiver storage hole.
- Small finger usually drags on the mat/desk when used in more dynamic conditions.

Suggestions:

Add a proper manual to it, fix the bottom side issues and add a rest along the whole right side of the mouse to rest the pinkie finger on it. Also, remove the silver/metal ring around the scroll wheel, it has no place in the mouse's design whatsoever. Also, consider adding a spare receiver, I almost lost mine twice and it's been only three days since I had it.

Anker gave me this product in exchange for my honest feedback