5.0 out of 5 stars a ground-breaking HIGH QUALITY and SMART device - with options for the novice & expert alike.
I am thoroughly impressed with this product. This acts as an upgrade for me from my previous Blu Ray player which was also made by Sony. To start with the sony blu ray players are reliable and efficient machines that offer an intuitive GUI display to guide you through your various options.

Testing playback on this device I have watched Moonrise Kingdom which...
Published 18 months ago by T. J. Bacon

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work properly
While the features of this player would earn it a much better rating if it was functional, as the picture and sound keep dropping out every few minutes during playback I'm afraid I can't give it any more than one star. I am in the process of attempting to return it to the seller.
Published 5 months ago by S. Peel

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Nov 2013
Being a loyal follower of Sony I bought this player as an upgrade from the Sony BDP-S350-bluray player that I got free with my telly 4 years ago. There are one or two good points:- blu-ray discs start up much quicker and there is a definite improvement in the sound quality. However, there is no discernable improvement in picture quality and the movement handling is defintely worse. However, this might be due to the fact that I cannot use the high-quality, shielded, mains lead I used with the 350 as Sony, in their wisdom, use a permanently attached mains lead-this might be due to EU legislation but, whatever the reason, I believe it is a retrograde step. I am unable to cut off this fixed lead as it would invalidate the guarantee but as soon as this expires that is what I shall do and replace it with the better lead. Overall disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great video but poor audio, 18 Nov 2013
Mr. John M. Langham "Biggestjock" (Edinburgh Scotland) - See all my reviews
This a good piece of equipment for the price but I found that the audio quality when playing a cd was very poor. Blue ray and DVD play well with good sound.

3.0 out of 5 stars sony bdp s4100, 15 May 2013
Have had several sony blu ray players over the years but this one is probably the worst the build quality is poor you can actually see the circuit bored through the plastic cace its that thin and it weighs next to nothing about a kilogram the picture is on par with other players of the same price but i have sold it to a friend after two days and will keep using my current player as i found no improvement in picture or sound quality hope sony bring some better equipment out in the future because i have used sony products from the eightys and have seen a drop in the build quality which is a shame

2.0 out of 5 stars No packaging, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sony BDPS3100 Smart Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player (Electronics)
This is a present so cannot comment on quality of product but it had good reviews. I gave it 2 stars as it came all bashed around in only the manufacturers box! As a present, it now looks second hand! Bit of a shame.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware..., 29 Sep 2013
I purchased this player on 22nd September 2013 and set it up on Friday night. The disc player works perfected, as does Netflix. However, there is an issue connecting to BBC iPlayer. I would advise no one buys this player until this has been resolved. Furthermore, ITV Player is not available on this model. I'm very diappointed and feel that I have wasted a lot of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed and appalled, 10 Dec 2013
Today our sony blu ray player got delivered and it was not in an amazon box just in the sony box, i was not in to recieve the package and it was left outside my front door for everyone to see. I am lucky it didnt get stolen, however it had been raining and has damaged the box and possibly the product. This is meant to be a christmas present. Iam very disapointed and appalled with the way it has been delivered and sent. This is unexceptable and i want this matter to be addressed as soon as possible. However i am unable to comment of the quality of the product, as it is a present.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 3 Oct 2013
My tv is sony, but the remotes could not locate this device, well sometimes it would, very temperamental, based on that and the fact that this product is useless, I can't recommend it