on 2 September 2013
The idea of this case is a good one but in practice it is very disappointing. It fits well and the rubber corners give good grip and protection. The clear plastic back lets you see the back of the phone but this is where the major flaw comes in. There is a large cutout for the camera, and this creates an entry point for dirt, lint, grit etc, which gets between the phone and the case. Not only does this look unsightly, it also quickly scratches the back of the phone. After only three weeks I already have several scratches in the metal and glass back of my phone where bits of sand or grit have got into the case.

Also the clear plastic itself scratches easily, so combined with the dirt issue this case quickly looks quite shabby. On the plus side it seems quite robust and will protect against drops, but it can't be recommended when it causes damage in such a short time.
on 18 June 2013
It looks great - and leaves me confident that my iphone is safe, should I ever drop it.

The case is really easy to get on the phone, and also gives easy access to the buttons on the side, top and the headphone jack on the bottom.
on 15 July 2013
Recently I have bought many cases as my old Griffin Reveal was due to be replaced. I tried a special impact band which was useless and a fancy case that was also just as useless. However this quality product from Griffin has come to my rescue, it feels like I've upgraded from my Reveal and I couldn't be more pleased. Must buy.
on 23 October 2013
A quality Griffin product. Only gripe is fitting a mini jack cable into the headphone socket - you have to take the case off to do this. Not a problem - it pops on and off easily without disturbing any screen protector you have
on 11 August 2015
I bought this case when I got a new iPhone 5s. After the first week of use, some dirt got in between the clear screen and the back bezel of my phone. It is heavily scratched. Though this case has protected my phone very well from drops and has lasted for about a year, after which point the rubber has started to separate from the plastic, I am appalled that this case allows in so much dirt that my phone is now heavily scratched on the back. I have replaced the case with a new one. I advise all interested to avoid this case.
on 25 August 2014
I've dropped my iPhone countless times and been amazed how well the Survivor case has performed. I've just bought my second one. Why? It's a case. It get scratched. But better that it gets scratched than the iPhone. It is true that dirt can get inside the case but you just need to keep cleaning it from time to time.
on 21 October 2014
This would be a good case if the rubber part doesn't separate from the clear plastic part after a few drops thereby rendering the case useless. You will have to replace it after a few drop as the back will get completely removed. in the end, its not worth it.
on 7 January 2014
Didn't see this on the product description and assumed it would be like the Griffin Survivor which I had for my old Iphone 4
it wasn't similar at all.
The front it totally open which I don't like.
I bought a griffin survivor instead
on 14 September 2014
Didn't last very long considering its advertised as a tough case the rubber side parts came away from the plastic which caused it to snap. Also couldn't use 30 pin to lightning adapter with this case on because of the rubber part on the bottom.
on 14 July 2014
I have bought these for all my family now, a stylish case, not to bulky so you can still feel the slimness of the iPhone 5 and also very hardy. my other half is a joiner and it doesn't let in too much dust or dirt either, very happy

See one answered question