Style Name: After Sun|Change

on 4 October 2012
I took this sun lotion with me to Crete. Although we went in September the weather was still in the 30's. I have fair skin

The lotion is 4* protection rating - which I think is high, better than my invisible Nivea sun spray

The lotion goes on nicely, like a moisuriser rather than sun lotion and smelled very fresh. It was nice on the skin too, lovely moisturiser. I was a little worried about how effective this would be as a sun lotion.

I was in the full sun on the beach all day, every day, about 31 degree C. I did not burn (I got a little red on my chest so did take special care of this area). The lotion was not sticky and gave me good protection all over. I did not use it on my face as I like a specific facial sunblock.

When I came back after a week I had a lovely tan. My skin was not at all dry. I would highly recommend this product.

The only reason it does not get 5* is it is pricey. I used this all over once a day (I topped up once or twice with it) and ended up topping up with my Nivea Sun on the beach (which I already had) the Hawaiian Tropic 180ml lasted about a week. 2 bottles would be better for a week, so you can top up with the same product.
on 6 October 2014
Smells lovely, a little sticky when first applied. This seemed to prolong my colour which I was really happy with, and I didn't need to moisturise with this - I normally have to moisturise daily top to toe. Even used it up when I got home from holiday. I do love Hawaiian Tropic so might try another after sun from their range next time.
on 15 May 2016
I used this in conjunction with the Hawaiian Tropic Body Butter. Used this before the meal as a lighter texture and plastered myself in the butter before bed. Smell lovely and work well. Nice alternative to the usual after sun if you want that little holiday treat. I still peeled but i do whatever i do so no fault to the product.
on 15 May 2014
Not used this product before but bought it alongside the tanning oil and very happy with both. This after sun leaves the skin feeling very soft and quickly eliminated any redness after being in the sun. Has a really nice smell too.
on 7 November 2015
This was strange - it sank into my skin so readily that it was as though I hadn't actually put it on, leaving my skin feeling tight, dry and somewhat scaly. This is for people who already have pretty well-hydrated skin. But if you prefer luxurious feeling body butters, coconut oil or big lavish tubs of whipped white E45 cream, this isn't for you.
on 25 January 2016
This is my absolute Fav Suncream... but its always SO expensive in the shops, its light absorbs fast, smells FANTASTIC and lasts me the duration of a 14 night holiday! I also have very sensitive skin, and tend to burn easily. However I find that this sun-cream in factor 30 works great for me! and I tan which is a plus!!

Plus the bottle is pretty :)

on 26 July 2014
Have very sensitive skin and suffer from sun irritation in the summer as well so getting a sun lotion that soothes, protects and does not itself cause a reaction is a constant task once the temperature warms up. This ticks all the boxes for me. Lovely texture, glides on the skin and is a high factor so protects and stops me getting those irritating bumps and itches when out and about. Even the container is good to hold and you can dispense just the right amount. Do not like those with overwhelming fragrance, this is just a light and delicate summery aroma which is very uplifting too. Love it,
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 2014
After reading an article in Cosmo about sun protection, I realised that the one I was using wasn't actually doing half the job it claimed to! This one was recommended and my mam even said that she used to use it and knew it smelled nice. The price is excellent and though the bottle is small, it contains quite a lot. It smells like coconuts with a slight sherberty tang to it and moisturises perfectly so you don't need to do the usual routine of moisturiser then sun protection that comes out like chalk. I would recommend.
on 1 August 2014
Having become a fan of Hawaiian Tropic tanning oils many years ago, I now find this more recent product a real must. Being factor 30, I only use it when I think I need a little extra protection. Its beautiful silky hydration formular leaves my skin feeling lovely and moisturised without any greasiness. I've had to stock up on a few more bottles of this, as my three grown-up daughters have all discovered it now, and demolished my supply!
on 30 August 2013
Hawaiian tropic never let's me down. Both me and my husband have sensitive skin this was amazing
It smelled great