5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing an old friend.
I bought this to replace the 1982 version I had, which I have used almost every day since I got it, but which is now literally disintegrating, (despite my efforts with the Selotape over the years,) as it has been used so regularly. The new version is of course even better, with more comprehensive lists and also some new categories. I am very much enjoying finding my way...
Published 22 months ago by Geema B113.

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use on Kindle
Bought this - really looking forward to out-shining my wife at crosswords. Unfortunately, weeks later, I still have not fathomed how to use the Kindle version.
Published 8 months ago by PAB

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, 28 May 2014
Lynne Bradley (Eccles. Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossword Lists & Crossword Solver: Over 100,000 potential solutions including technical terms, place names and compound expressions (Kindle Edition)
I am just getting used to using this book, it should come with instructions! I have only used the lists so far, they are quite comprehensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version, 18 April 2014
Not as useful as I was hoping. Have found other books more useful. It could do with a more flexible indexing system for searching on kindle and a really extended thesaurus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible!, 14 Oct. 2013
I have been using a paper version of this book for many years but have to take it with me wherever I go to do my crosswords. Now I've got a Kindle it made sense to have that version especially for when I go on holiday. It's even better than my old version as there is a lot more in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars crossword lists and solver, 13 Jun. 2013
have a stiff back copy of very similar book very old now had it for more than 50 years so now fragile and falling apart
also quite heavy making my kindle copy easy to take with me even on holiday

many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossword solver, 19 Mar. 2013
Jane's Mom (Birmingham England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 90 year old uncle who loves crosswords. He has found it excellent and really enjoys using it to look up all sorts of information as well as crossword solving. He said I couldn't have bought him a better gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 25 Mar. 2013
This book is such a mine of information & not only for crossword fanatics like me. I can see it being used for all sorts of things - stuff which you know you know but simply can't remember. Can't wait to start using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent helper, 29 Dec. 2013
This was purchased to replace my old (and I mean OLD) one. Inexpensive item and the paper is a little on the thin side, but it has even more data than my previous copy, so I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy book to have, 6 April 2014
Great book almost every list you need to help with crossword solving. Really useful and helps with general knowledge as well! Would recommend to a friend in fact I bought one for my Mum.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review, 18 Sept. 2013
I rated it at this level because it was not quite as good as a similar book which I own which is now unobtainable.
However, I bought this for a friend who was delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good but it takes a bit of getting used to., 4 Mar. 2014
This book was recommended to me by my sister so I went stright on to Amazon to get it. Initially, I was slow to find what I wanted but with a bit of practice it's brilliant.