4.0 out of 5 stars Good toothbrush, but great flosser
The toothbrush is good, a bit standard, having two settings, clean and clean and white. And also the battery indicator isn't that good either.

Published 19 months ago by Darren Watkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Same Sonicare brush problems
Published 17 months ago by Atticman

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toothbrush, but great flosser, 18 Aug. 2013
Darren Watkins (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Toothbrush and Rechargeable Airfloss Double Pack (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

However, the best bit about this set is the flosser. No longer do you have to struggle with flossing tape or expensive interdental brushes. You just fill the reservoir up, and away you go. The flosser works really well on blasting away anything that is trapped in between your teeth. You can fill the reservoir up with water or mouthwash.

The head only needs to be replaced every six months and is cheaper than constantly buying floss or interdental brushes.

The instructions state that the flosser needs to be charged for 24 hours before first use, but mine had some charge in it and I couldn't wait to use it. The flossing head is easy enough to fit, and filling the reservoir with water was easy too. Then you have to give it a few pumps to ensure that water gets into the head (where it mixes with air to give measured shots). On first use, the water and spray went everywhere, but after a bit of practice it should be less messy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total cleaning solution, 30 Aug. 2013
L Williams "les-williams" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 1:29 Mins

In the box you get the HealthyWhite toothbrush with one standard brush-head, the Airfloss unit and a charger with place for 2 toothbrushes. If you buy replacement brush-heads they come with coloured rings that you can use to identify the brushes. This set doesn't come with a travel case.
The brush has 2 modes, Clean and Clean and White, selected by repeatedly pressing the large green button; this does means that you need to put the toothpaste on the brush, put the brush in your mouth and then press the button to select the mode.......Clean and White brushes for longer with a different action at the end and does really work.
The brush is very powerful and you soon learn not to make contact with the hard plastic toothbrush and your teeth! A charge lasts nearly 2 weeks with a single user.
I've had a Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite toothbrush for nearly 5 years, it makes a tremendous difference to how clean your teeth feel, I really wouldn't be without it.
The Airfloss unit appears to be a different styling to the toothbrush, it is quite bulky and there isn't any type of holder supplied, it is prone to being knocked over when stood-up it and doesn't lie flat. In use you fill the compartment with water, or mouthwash, turn it on and then guide the tip along the gum-line and rest between the teeth and operate. It is quite a powerful jet of water. It is obviously working as my teeth feel really clean.
I've tried to show some of the features in the video. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent oral hygiene combo, 24 Sept. 2013
Purpleheart (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a huge fan of the Phillips Sonicare toothbrush and now the rechargeable airfloss. The toothbrush I've been using is a more expensive model - Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser HX9172/10 which has more cleaning modes than this model and the UV sanitiser. I thought this model would be perfect to keep in my travel kit sinceI am away for work frequently. Oral hygiene is very important for me right now as I'm wearing Invisalign braces and have to brush and floss after every meal.

The Sonicare Airfloss has some bulk, but is is light and very quick and easy to use and it can share the same charger as your Sonicare toothbrush. Once charged (24 hours for first charge) I filled the reservoir with mouthwash and I learned to keep my lips closed over the nozzle so I could clean my teeth very quickly and without mess. It has an autofire mode which means that you can whizz along your gum line whilst it fires at regular intervals. Since I have to brush and floss after every time I eat something and before I put my braces back in the speed and ease of use with this gadget is great. I still use interdental brushes - TePe Interdental Brush Pink 0.4mm Pack of 6 at the end of the day but can use this to quickly get my teeth clean. I like it very much and have been recommending it to all my friends since once you get to a certain age we all seem to suffer with food stuck in between our teeth. The combination of my Sonicare toothbrush and this air flosser has meant that my oral health is now the best it has every been according to my last session with the dentist and hygienist.

Airfloss Pros and Cons
-------------------

Pros
+ Design is good - it's a bit bulky but is light and easy to use
+ Charge holds for 2 weeks
+ Can get other nozzle heads for family members
+ Very quick to use and can be used air only or with liquid (water or mouth wash)
+ Autofire feature means that you can move along your gum line at speed
+ Excellent as part of your oral health kit since it's so quick and easy you'll actually do it

Cons
- need to buy a plug if you don't have shaver connection in your bathroom
- others have mentioned that reservoir hold only enough for one or two uses. Since it takes seconds to fill I don't find that a problem

Brush Pros and Cons
-----------------

Pros
+ Design is good - look and feel are excellent
+ Charge holds for 3 weeks
+ Comes with the larger brush head but others will fit
+ Very easy to keep clean

Cons
- Does not have the full range of cleaning modes of my platinum but does the job very well

Highly recommended - if you are not bothered about having the full range of cleaning modes then this toothbrush is currently excellent value as part of this combination pack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent units but this twin-pack may not be best value, 13 Sept. 2013
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The brush and flosser in this set are from the lower ends of their ranges but, unless you really feel a need for fancy features such as extra brushing modes, they're likely to do just as good a job as more-expensive variants. At present Amazon prices, however, it's cheaper to buy the two items separately than as a set!

I'm used to high-end Oral-B brushes and a Panasonic Oral Irrigator (flosser) so was pleased to get the chance to try these.

I hate having to throw rechargeable toothbrushes away just because the battery has died and is not user-replaceable. The Li-ion batteries in these units should have a significantly longer life than older NiMH technology but still aren't user-replaceable.

Whether the brush will last as long as the battery is another matter, judging by some of the comments I've read. So far, so good, though, for mine. It seems to work well, the battery lasts about 5 days with two of us using it twice a day, and it's quiet, with no significant vibration. My teeth feel just as clean as with my Oral-B Triumph brush and its "floss-action" heads, or my older Oral-B Sonic, but only time (or my dentist!) will tell if I'm right. Are my teeth any whiter after two weeks? Not as far as I can see, but they weren't bad to start with.

As for the flosser, I'm not much of a fan of them and reckon I do an equivalent or better job much more cheaply with floss sticks and interdental brushes (TePe or similar). Having said that, this Philips unit does seem more effective than the Panasonic, with a finer, more powerful jet. Some reviewers have complained about it running out of water too quickly or spraying water everywhere. What works for me is to close my lips around the nozzle and slide it from one gap to the next, spraying only when it's in place, and retaining the water in my mouth. I can usually do my whole mouth without pausing, although sometimes have to stop and spit (too much information? Sorry!). Having said that, while it may not run out of water, it sometimes stops producing a spray unless I pause it for a time - a vacuum in the tank, perhaps? The only thing that annoys me about it - and it really does annoy me - is that it's unstable, whether on its base or its back, so take care about where you put it down.

If you're after a decent toothbrush and flosser, these are excellent units, but check prices before you buy them as a set.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT QUITE A 5 OUT OF 5, 8 Sept. 2013
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm quite a fan of the Phillips Sonicare range of toothbrushes, I have been using them for a number of years and having tried the opposition on a couple of occasions I still think they are the better electric toothbrush and by quite a margin.

This particular product comes in two parts, a toothbrush and what is called a rechargeable Airfloss device.

To start with, the toothbrush is the typical Sonicare product though surprisingly it is not the top of the range model. I don't actually think that matters too much, though I have recently reviewed the new Sonicare toothbrush with UV sanitiser and still believe that it is the leader of the pack in design and function.

My only concern with this toothbrush is that it has the rubbery outer casing which appears to have been discontinued with the new models. One word of warning with this, ensure you dry the grip of the toothbrush off each time you use it as the rubber on the base can develop black mould staining in the rubber. It doesn't come off.

There seems to be a tendency from most manufacturers to include a teeth whitening mode on the devices and reference to it in the advertising. Take this with a pinch of salt, it is just a toothbrush that does a good job when it comes to cleaning teeth. It has no magical whitening effect, it just helps your brushing and in a very efficient manner. I have been using these for years and although my teeth are white they are certainly not `Hollywood White'. If you want that kind of bright white see a dentist.

On to the Airfloss. There are a number of products that do a similar thing, though generally they are irrigators, using a continuous stream of water to clean between your teeth and have a heavy water reservoir in the handle. Phillips have changed this with the Airfloss, it uses a small amount of water and shoots it with air pressure between your teeth cleaning away debris. I still think that a good go with floss gets under the gums for a better clean, but the Airfloss comes extremely close.

It is also quite powerful and can lead to the odd bleeding gum. I have only one gripe about the device. It is a bit of a faff to use. Attach the nozzle, fill the reservoir, switch on, press the pump button 6 times to get water flow, use between each tooth, empty reservoir, press pump button approx 6 times to clear water out, detach nozzle, dry everything, switch off and store in the dark (presumably this stops mould). Add a few minutes to you dental hygiene regime and get into the habit of using it regularly. I wish there was a device that you can pick up and use then put away without any other intervention.

In conclusion I would say that all Phillips Sonicare toothbrushes are a straight 5 out of 5, the Airfloss a 3-4 out of 5 simply because it is not a simple pick up and go device and flossing the old fashioned way can do as good a job. Running costs can be expensive, replacement brush heads and nozzles usually cost around £15 for three so you will need to factor this in.

There is also the initial purchase cost, on a par with most quality electric tooth brushes but the Airfloss is a lot more expensive than a lifetime supply of dental floss.
On the face of it expensive and with only one charger, BUT purchase this and your teeth will love you forever. 4/5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same Sonicare brush problems, 17 Oct. 2013
Atticman (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third or fourth Sonicare brush I have had, and I have found that they all tend to develop a loud, sporadic buzz after 6 months of regular use by me and my wife, which usually increases as the strength of the brush's action decreases... This latest one doesn't seem any different, though I would probably have trouble convincing Philips that there is anything wrong with it! It is certainly towards the bargain end of their range...

The flosser though is a joy to use. Stick in a little water or mouthwash, and swish it beteween the gaps in your teeth to flush out all the nasty bits. I wasn't a regular flosser before this, but now I do it twice a day without fail as the flosser gives you such a nice feeling of your teeth being properly clean.

If you can find the flosser sold seperately, I'd recommend gettung that.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 15 Sept. 2013
absolutely love it, make floss so much easier and fun. Save a lot of time and hassle. Good value too when buy together!

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent pack, 22 Aug. 2013
M. D. (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, it is very nice to see the two essential items for keeping your teeth and gums clean combined in a nice comprehensive pack. I swear by Philips Sonicare toothbrushes and will not use any other brand. The toothbrush included in the pack is less fancy than the top of the range one I already own, which means less settings and options for customising your toothbrushing. That's not to say it is not a good toothbrush, as it is and does the job perfectly well, even without the frills.

What really impressed me with this pack is the rechargeable air floss. It is a revelation to me, and I must say a nice change from using interdental brushes. Because it used water to dislodge food particles stuck between the teeth, it is much gentler to use. It could be a little messy to start with, but I got the hang of using it pretty quickly.

Like with other Phillips Sonicare products, the battery life is amazing. Overall this is an excellent pack for anyone who is interested in maintaining a good oral hygiene.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle but very effective, 17 Nov. 2014
Arrived in good time and well packaged. This double pack is excellent value for money. The airfloss is easy to use really does the job well. The toothbrush is different from other electric toothbrushes I have had in the past in that it is sonic. However I like it better and think it is more gentle on the gums. I had a tiny bit of bleeding on the first day, and nothing since, and my teeth feel really fresh after brushing and flossing. I prefer to use water in the airfloss and then use mouthwash afterwards - personal preference. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 22 Sept. 2014
J. Stockman (UK) - See all my reviews
Toothbrush is great. The flosser takes some getting used to and is not really being used as much as initially anticipated - but the brush is doing a great job! The different settings help especially if you have never used these before and also the 'initial mode' where it reduces the power for the first x number of brushes helps ensure you gradually get used to this as it is much different than a manual toothbrush.