5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little camera - Highly recommended
I own a lot of cameras (too many) & like to have something decent with me at all times. Fancied a WiFi capable camera and this popped up on my radar.

The WX300 compliments my smart phone perfectly.

Here's a quick rundown of what's good.

Great photos for a compact in most situations.
Good wide and lots of reach from the lens.
Low...
Published 8 months ago by GJ GRATION

2.0 out of 5 stars Good model but let down by quality
Great size, very compact and light and also the battery lasted really well.
The big let down of this camera was the actual photos and settings. I found this camera really difficult to use compared to my previous Samsung one and it's actually put me off buying a Sony camera in future.
Published 1 month ago by jenn

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little camera - Highly recommended, 26 Dec 2013
GJ GRATION "Gman" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Slim High Zoom Camera - Black (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)

The WX300 compliments my smart phone perfectly.

Here's a quick rundown of what's good.

Great photos for a compact in most situations.
Good wide and lots of reach from the lens.
Low light mode is simply stunning - it does some kind of funky multiple exposure that blends the images - end result is terrific.
Easy to use - night time street photography needs a bit of under exposing - easy in the menu.
Panoramic mode is landscape only but very good - you do have to keep going for a full 180 degrees. Not a major problem once you understand it.
Impressive video mode.
Battery life is the stuff of legends - I think there's a Duracell bunny inside this thing.
WiFi needs about 10-20 seconds to activate and start working but once on it's solid. Ideal for low angle shots - transfers to mobile are very quick and easy.

The WiFi is tons better than Eye-Fi in that it actually works when you want it to. Plus you get live previews on smart phone for remotes or tricky shots.

On iOS and Android it works well (not bothered with PC). You actually get a 2MP version of the image - plenty for social media etc.

The images are quite respectable for a compact - no mush and focus is usually spot on. If you want to nitpick then look elsewhere - manual control is limited/fiddly but again - spend more / don't buy a compact.

I have all sorts of cameras from compacts to DSLRs and this one is a 100% keeper.

What's bad......the flash sits right in front of the shutter release - you get used to it quickly - well I did. No complaints otherwise.

I paid £180 for mine and can't fault it for a carry everywhere camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 14 Aug 2013
Originally as I now tend to use my DSLR for all of my photography and haven't had a compact in several years I felt very out of my depth in choosing a new camera. I went into Currys to look at the cameras and try them out, I was looking at the Nikon J1 and Penax Q. The Q I found was very small and I thought the buttons would be difficult to use, the J1 was very expensive, slightly heavy and the camera assistants didn't know enough about it to explain the functions properly. I had more of a look round the shop and came across this, from the first 'test shot' I took I LOVED it! The colors were fab and gave the skin a natural radiance, the zoom was an added bonus and smart auto mode adjust seemed like a great feature too. I looked at some blogs online to find some example photos taken with the camera and was impressed by those too.

I since purchased the camera and after having used it lots on holiday I can reveal that it is perfect and a bargain for it's technical capabilities. It has a panoramic mode, auto mode adjust and lower light shooting all of which work outstandingly well. I also love the background blur effect and artistic effects where you can shoot a single color , plenty of scene modes and shake reduction recording which works very well indeed. Another feature I love is that you can take a 'still' whilst recording video at the same time. Battery life, which I was skeptical about exceeded expectations and I only charged the camera once on my two week holiday and used it everyday.

Overall the best camera for me as it has plenty of fun effects as well as being great for macro, food photography and portraits too. Perfect for when I need something lighter than my DSLR but with a similar level of technical capabilities and quality. I would recommend this to serious photographers and novices alike as it is easy to use and if you just want to point and shoot, using the auto mode the camera does all the legwork for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed., 24 Oct 2013
C. Clements "Wengers mentor" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Having used a number of the Panasonic Lumix TZ range of point and shoot type cameras over the years, and having recently suffered some reliability issues, I thought I should try something different.
The minimum requirements I had were 16MP sensor, 20x optical zoom, under £250. After a great deal of time spent reading, testing and cogitating over my choices, I plumped for this camera. I could not have been more delighted with my decision.
It handles all sorts of light conditions really well, shoots beautiful video, even at maximum zoom and is so small and light that it's easy to slip it in your pocket for a whole day and not be inconvenienced at all. It's a really good bit of kit. In fact, I have been soimpressed by it that I'm now considering if I should buy a Sony DSLR and trade in my Canon...

My only caveat: I would warn against buying the official sony case that fits this camera. I don't think it's convenient to use and would actually say it's pretty poorly designed as I almost managed to drop the camera when I was fitting it at home. Suffice to say the case was returned to amazon but the camera definitley stayed with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good at what it does, 7 May 2013
This camera is a great buy, i would recommend this camera to most people, the pictures it shoots are extremely detailed, and the 20x optical zoom is all you really need in a pocketable camera. It's small enough to easily fit into most pockets, however big enough for the buttons not to be crammed together. The 3" screen is clear and bright however not touch screen or HD, features that would be nice. The video is full 1080p and the camera has built in stereo speakers to listen to the clips after your have shot them.

This camera is compatible with macs! Something that they forget to tell you in the description

The wireless WiFi connectivity is great so far, i have had no troubles with it, all you have to do is have your computer on (with Sony's Wireless import app installed) and click send to computer on the camera and the rest is done for you, no annoying cables that get in the way.

The only reason that i haven't rated this 5* is because i have only had this product for just under 2 weeks, therefore i cannot really comment on the reliability, however all has worked great so far. I will update this review in a few months to tell you how it has held up

Overall i am very impressed with this camera, the black finish is very satisfying and all the edges are nicely rounded. The camera has a very nice design, with lots of nifty little features, for example the editing built into the camera, and the WiFi. Therefore i would recommend this Camera for anyone looking for a compact and portable powerhouse.

Update - after roughly 5 months i have found that the lack of manual modes slightly annoying; you cannot change the shutter speed, or anything along those lines, which is frustrating after paying over £200 for a camera, the auto modes are good, but i would just like a bit more control

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 May 2014
Love this camera, haven't yet got to grips with everything it can do, but I took pictures at my daughters wedding and it was brilliant. Superb quality, easy to use, and I am the Picture Editor of a National Sunday Newspaper so really I should know!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought 2, 23 Oct 2013
So easy to use, mum already able to wirelessly send snaps to her samsung galaxy tablet 10.1. We have charged the camera plugging into a usb port on tv, and while doing this and different screen momentarily appeared on tv. We follwed folders on screen and could view photos on tv. Hardly read the instructions for the basics. There is even instruction book on camera just in case. I'd advise getting a screen protector, just cheap one will do, the book says the screen coating can be damaged so it makes me feel more relaxed handling camera. The battery lasts ages on full charge! Finally I can stop keeping duracell in business!!! There are two settings to records video, one lets you take photos whilst videoing, the other doesn't. It has a option to take grey photos with just a green or red or yellow object in colour. Nice. Seller in kettering sent item really wellpackaged in perfect box, bag, with air bag, wrapped in tape, with security tape in tact. They also sold few ££ cheaper than ibrahim seller.

That cameras box was a little crushed. W ish they suppled a liitle case. Pictures are star quality and zoom is super. It can ùtake good pics in very dark room. The flash is not always needed in my experience with this camera. Some pics inside the house are better coloured when no flash. The scn preset function on the knob at top is a good rescue if like me you like testing out all the different settings.

It has a self timer that operates when it recognises your face, so you can keep it in this mode until you want to take a selfie. Hold it up and it counts down a few sec, snaps and awaits your next selfie.

I recommend reading up on taking videos. It has to be in correct mode for what you intend to do with yhem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 28 April 2014
I looked at many reviews before I decided on this camera. I was well impressed.
I am no photography expert and Sony have made it very easy to take stunning shots and great video. I was well pleased with the photographs I took on holiday while in China. I used it under many conditions and cannot fault it. The quality of photographs made editing easy. The zoom function was great for panoramic shots. Battery keeps its charge well.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little camera, 31 Oct 2013
M. Pinch (UK) - See all my reviews
Buying a camera is always a compromise on features. The smaller the camera the more that is the case. I wanted a compact camera that has a good zoom and in that respect I would give it 5 stars. However, the downside is that there is no optical viewfinder, which means that in bright sunlight I am always shooting blind. That and the slowness in processing photos at times, in that it can take a second or two before you can take the next photo means that I can only give 4 stars. The quality of the photos are very good and the number of features are impressive. I did not buy the camera for its wi-fi connectivity and have not used it so cannot comment on that. although I have experimented with 3-D photos, I have not got round to trying to view them on a 3-D TV and am not sure that it is a useful feature. I love the camera because it fits in a pocket or handbag and is comfortable to hang on a wrist or carry in one hand. So all in all, it was a good buy at what I felt was a good price. So overall, except for the viewing issues, I have no real quibbles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera..., 10 Feb 2014
I've had a little while to play with this camera and I'm still discovering amazing new tricks it performs.
The image quality is pretty good, especially in low light situations.
If you want a great deal of manual control, then maybe this camera isn't for you.
However, there are many options for each setting that can provide some measure of control over the outcome.
I miss not having a viewfinder to look through and I wish there was a way to control the power of the flash, which is small but very powerful. Maybe I will discover a way to control the flash power as I become more familiar with my Sony.
For now, this camera goes everywhere with me!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good model but let down by quality, 28 July 2014
Great size, very compact and light and also the battery lasted really well.
When taking a photo, the camera would lag a couple of seconds then take longer to process it (as if I had it on a special setting). When looking at the photos on view finder, they were blurry (as if someone had put a greasy finger print on the actual lens) and the light in any of the photos would completely over power so you could barely make out the people or object. After reading the manual several times, there didn't seem to just be a normal setting - all photos came out like it was a nightlife setting. When putting the photos on to the computer, it made no difference - still blurry and wasn't particulary happy with the outcome.
I returned this to Amazon and got refunded the same day, as always, a great service from Amazon. Just a shame about the camera/Sony