on 13 January 2013
The drive arrived in good time and is as described.

It's not overly noisy and seems to run nice and quickly. It also comes with a convenient little carry sock. It you have a powered USB socket you only need a standard USB cable to connect to it - if not it comes with a power adapter.

My only criticism is that the software that comes with the drive (which I was hoping to use) comes on a mini CD, which my laptop won't accept - you need a CD tray, not a slot loading CD drive to install it.
on 17 November 2013
Transferred 10 years of photos onto this device as I had to remove it from my work laptop, which went very smoothly. However, the second time i plugged it in to back up more files an error message came up and now I can not access the disc at all. Currently looking for a disc recovery service to perhaps get it all back?!. Don't buy this, it may seem cheap but will cost you a lot more in the long run.
on 8 February 2013
Having got a back up drive from another well known manufacturer some years back, and hated it because of its awful software, I was looking for something that would act as a massive USB stick that I could load manually. This wee unit works perfectly in that role.

As others have said, it arrives quickly (I had to sign for mine); it is very neat, its drivers are already in place in both Windows XP and Windows 7 computers, and the data transfer rate seems quite satisfactory. Absolutely ideal for me.

Can't comment on the software. Don't need it, not running it.

The only hitch I had was with the mini disk to get the operating instructions.
The CD did run, but when I tried to open the pdf file from the disk it crashed the computer. The moral is: transfer the operating instructions to your own hardrive before opening it. My only other (very) slight gripe is that the operating instructions are not on the manufacturer's website. (Something BIPRA can fix quite easily). Then again, all you really need to know is the following :

Plug in the normal USB cable to the drive and computer. Only use the second one with the power plug if your computer's USB port is not powerful enough to drive the unit on its own. (All my computers - netbook included - could drive the unit with just the one cable.) Let the driver load internally (no disk required) and away you go. Just like a USB stick, only a lot bigger.

One update after a few months

To my surprise, one file of photographs became unreadable on this drive. Don't know what caused it, but I could neither read, nor delete it using either my netbook or my desktop - both of which use Windows XP. All other files remained fully readable. So I tried plugging it into another netbook using Windows 7 basic. It offered to try to cure the corruption and after a veritable age, it succeeded. The file became accessible again. (I've since deleted the offending file just to be safe and stored the photos in another one.)
on 1 September 2013
I did not like this product at all, despite it's claim that it is easy to set up and use, I found this to be a little over optimistic, I am fairly oh fey with computers, but I could not work this one at all. sorry not for me.
on 14 March 2013
After spending the last 4 years dragging a hard drive 10 times bigger and heavier and with a quarter of the memory this is brilliant.
So small, neat, light, quick and with a huge capacity that you would not believe.
This is worth every penny it cost which was not that expensive.
on 10 December 2013
If a hand held mixer stops working, you have lost a hand held mixer...but if a device like this fails to perform it's purpose, you lose at lot lot more!
on 18 March 2013
Came quickly and performs well, files can be put on and taken off at the top speed that USB 2.0 can handle and it looks nice and comes with a little sock.

Comes with two USB leads (one of power off the computer, one for actual file moving) but I've only ever had to use the actual file moving lead as not too many things require the extra lead.

Well worth the money, I'm astonished such as large ext harddrive is so cheap, I once payed much more for a 512mb flash drive years ago.
on 18 March 2013
This is product is a simple external hard-drive (Unless you have Windows 98), this hard-drive is is very easy to use and can store up to 186 GB, there is always less memory because of company round up their figures, which is good for its price (£36.99) and free delivery which is one day, which is great.
Overall this product came very handy, especially for laptops, which mine has only 600 GB, I use it for gaming (Yes, i have a laptop for gaming, but it can run every game so far in 2013).
on 20 July 2012
A good price, quickly shipped and very good to use. I use it to back up my works pc with payroll and personnel stuff and it's just the ticket. Nice that it uses usb for power and no hefty plug and transformer to carry back and forth.
on 2 December 2013
Decided I needed to back up my ageing MacBook before I installed OS Snow Leopard after recently getting an iPhone 4S which I needed to sync with it. It's really easy and uncomplicated to use - you just plug the 2 USBs in and it will open Time Machine and ask you if you want to back everything up. Simples! Comes with the leads and a little black case and is only a tiny bit bigger than an iPhone. If buying a hard drive is something you've been putting off - don't hesitate!