5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product
Published 15 months ago by smelly1

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not QWERTY, and that's a problem.
So, it's a beautiful case, well designed, good quality, durable (so far), light, easy to use.

Keyboard feel is pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. It loses half a star.

Published 1 month ago by James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not QWERTY, and that's a problem., 27 July 2014

Keyboard feel is pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. It loses half a star.

Let's talk about QWERTY for a moment, shall we? The QWERTY layout is the standard layout of a keyboard, and is the one we're all familiar with. If you want to type fast, you don't want to have to look for a key or get used to a different layout. Belkin DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS.

The Silver and White version of this product has the bottom row off-set by one key. That means that if you touch-type an X, you get a Z. Blindly hitting the N will result in a B coming up. Etc. They've added one key where the Z usually goes, and that means the whole bottom row is useless. Fools!!!!

The Black and Silver version of this product has a different layout (why??!!??!?). The bottom row of letters are, thankfully, back where they should be. But all is not well: they have added the Tilda key in place of where the comma usually sits, shifting the comma to where the period (full stop) usually sits. This means that it takes a while to get used to touch-typing commas and periods, and results in fiddly stops-and-starts trying to find the right key. It is very irritating. Lose another 1.5 stars for this.

This could easily be a 5-star product. But, if your keyboard doesn't make it easy to type and easy to use, it fundamentally fails.

Belkin - sort it out. Don't f*** with QWERTY. And release a hot fix that makes the comma key the comma key again, and the period key the period key.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Belkin QODE Premium Ultimate Keyboard Hard Case with Full Protection, Multi Angle Viewing and Auto Wake for iPad 3rd and 4th Generation - White and Black (Accessory)
Got this for my girlfriend as she needed a keyboard for work, and chose the Belkin branded one because Ive got some of their products before, and their quality was decent. The design is sleek and oozes style, the build quality is robust enough to resist the antics of her young children, which I think counts for a lot. Not only has this product improved her work life and made it more efficient, her customers have also commented that they like it and looks 'professional'.
Defintely recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard Layout Flaw, 7 Aug 2013
BEWARE! The keyboard supplied to me has a non-standard keyboard layout meaning the bottom row is offset. This makes the keyboard virtually unuseable as I get a constant stream of spelling errors. The Z key is located mid-way between S and D rather than being between A and S as it should be. I've been told that this is because I have the UK specific model whereas the pictures on Amazon and Belkin websites are of the US version.

I've never come across a keyboard in the UK or any other country where the bottom row is offset - this is clearly a huge mistake by Belkin and I have contacted them for some clarity.

I have seen a Logitech keyboard that has the correct layout so recommend that product rather than wasting 90 on something that you can't use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent...I just love this, 28 Sep 2013
Did some research on ipad keyboards and this one had great reviews
I ordered this and think its excellent.........had it for two weeks and still using the keyboard off its original first battery charge

It is one of the most expensive keyboards but its well worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seller should be clearer about the model of this product., 27 July 2013
I love the basic design of this product but there is ob HUGE FLAW!!! It has a weird key layout where the bottom row of keys are offset by one key when compared to a normal UK spec keyboard, So the Z key sits below the middle of the S and D keys etc, so you have to adjust your typing style and that really sucks, It is so annoying that I am seriously going through all the hassle of sending it back or simply throwing it away!!! DO NOT BUY THIS unless you are sure you get the right model of keyboard layout.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great build quality, 18 Sep 2013
M. Tubbs (UK) - See all my reviews
I was very disappointed with the overall build quality - plastic surround was of cheap quality, and had various pits / dents around it. even before I inserted the Ipad. Not worth the money, when there are considerably cheaper alternatives around. Decided to return to Amazon within minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 July 2013
Whilst I was unsure of the actual look of the case before buying it, I am pleased to report it looks very smart but is not all silver, or all white. When they described the colour of the case as white in the ad, I couldn't see from the pictures which part of the case was white or silver, I was led to believe it was silver all round. So now I can tell you the bottom keyboard is silver (aluminium) with white keys and the upper case lid is a white hard plastic. The piece that folds between the top and bottom case lid is an off white colour rubber/plastic type hinge. I can see that in time the white plastic and the off white rubber hinge will age the case with discolouration.
Another note, the hinge feels very rubbery which helps to grip onto the case case when it is closed and carrying it around.

To summarise, I have had the case for only a few days now and so far everything works with ease with setting up being a no brainer. It looks good, works they way it should in all the viewing formats and performs nicely with a good feeling behind the keys for such a product. The only quality issue I can see with the case so far is the mild give and slight gap between the aluminium lid and the adjoining keyboard. I'm hoping it is not an issue, but I feel that it could weaken over time and the gap may grow. That's the only thing that gives me a concern and once less star on the rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - Just what I was looking for, 22 July 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for. I have carried out lots of research on good ipad keyboard cases and this was the best I could find for less than 100! I love the fact that it sleeps the ipad when you close it. The case does add extra weight but then you have the extra keyboard. Makes it so much easier to use the ipad to take notes!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this as a replacement for the Zagg which I had owned for about a week and sent back as I was not entirely satisfied with the build quality. I might just go ahead and re-order it after all as it is a far better keyboard in terms of quality and functionality.

The belkin looks ok at first esp in the pics...but once unwrapped it is rather disappointing. The keys are not as tactile as they promise or as some reviews (online) claim they are. I tried typing a few lines and found I was making numerous simple errors which I can only put down to key layout and function.

The rest of it works well I guess when it comes to the magnetic retainers for the ipad view positions.

However I was SO disappointed with it I returned it the VERY NEXT day and got my money back. For now I have bought a simple case and am waiting for a better product to emerge on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stop wasting time trying to touch screen type and take your iPad to the next level., 27 Aug 2014
I absolutely love my new iPad keyboard. It has taken my iPad to a whole new level. I have an iPad with retina display (the one before iPad Air) and this fits perfectly. I have had it well over a month and have only had to charge the keyboard twice in that time. The one minor niggle I have with it, is that the magnets could be stronger in the positions where the iPad stands. But that aside I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who's finding touch screen typing annoying.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›