4.0 out of 5 stars A book for the young at heart to read to children
OK, since I tend to go through a few children's books I've been asked by my Dad to keep an eye out for "Grandad Books." What does this mean? Put simply books with his sense of humour that he can enjoy spending time with his grandchildren with so that they can appreciate the same things that he does.

So when this title by Nicolas Allan arrived I knew that I...
Published on 1 Aug 2012 by Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog

3.0 out of 5 stars Given away as a present
It was ok but not as funny as anticipated. I wrapped it up as a present and did not keep it
Published 16 months ago by ANGELA WEBBER

4.0 out of 5 stars A book for the young at heart to read to children, 1 Aug 2012
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)

So when this title by Nicolas Allan arrived I knew that I had just the title for him to start with. The tale is fun, its has lots of bright coloured images and when added to the fact that the whole story centres around his lavatory humour, my Dad is going to love this book. Not just because his brain works on the same level as my nephews but because it will entertain him just as much as them. All in this is a gem of a title and one that will be read quite a few times.

5.0 out of 5 stars deepee, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
got this book for my 2 grandsons who love having a bedtime story every night as i thought they would find this very funny and they did !!!great book for parents and children to enjoy together and a story that will be asked for over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant's Loo Roll, 22 Jan 2013
Lj Richardson "gar128" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
My grandson loved it. Just the thing for a child between 3 - 5 yrs old and it's fun for adults to read to.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Giant's Loo Roll, 5 Nov 2012
Mrs. M. Kirby "Kathleen K" (West Yorkkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am sending it to a nephew and a grandson for Christmas. I am sure they will enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUM.....pety, bumpety, bumpety bump., 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
If you read this lovely little book to your children, you can guarantee a laugh as you turn the first page every time!

Its very clever and the author knew exactly what made a child tick when he put his pen to paper. I'm so pleased we bought this rather than borrowed it from the library as its now an old favourite.

1.0 out of 5 stars More toilet humour, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
I don't have a problem with toilet humour, it's just that it seems to be all that Nicholas Allan is capable of. Not as funny as it should be and really badly illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty but nice, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
Just the sort of book that young children love - innocent but fun. Toilet humour at its best and cleanest. Parents might raise their eyebrows at the title but there is nothing seditious here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Love Potty Humor, 24 Aug 2013
L. Nash (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
While vacationing in London I visited Harrod's and purchased "The Royal Nappy." (Very appropriate as Prince George was born two days later.) I saw on the back cover that the author, Nicholas Allan, had written other books. Since Harrod's didn't have the other titles, as soon as I got back to the hotel I ordered this on Amazon UK. (It came to my home when I returned to the US.) I know how much small children like bathroom humor; my son's favorite book twenty years ago was "The Gas We Pass." I now have 3 grandnephews. The two-year-old twins are very much intrigued with all things elimination related. This book is perfect for toddlers and potty training. It's funny without being vulgar. Just like adults, little ones can enjoy entertaining reading while in the loo.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Giant's Loo Roll (Paperback)
The children in my class have loved the previous Nicolas Allan books (The Queens Knickers and Father Christmas needs a wee) I decided to buy The Giants Loo Roll and Cinderella's Bum. They were both enjoyed as much as the other two and has us all giggling along with the story. Would definitely recommend!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Given away as a present, 14 May 2013