Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.20

on 3 June 2013
I've always been dubious of fishing fiction, enjoying the autobiograthies of people like Terry Hearn. What a surprise this book was! It's of a similar strain but as the people are fictional, you don't already know of some of the captures! It starts from the beginning of an angler career and covers about 40 years of angling. The best bit though is at the end of each chapter, it also follows 'the myth' from fry until the paths cross. A book that once you get into, you just can't stop reading! You just want to keep knowing what happens next. Very enjoyable and a fantastic use of the english language. Worth reading.
on 12 June 2013
I have a somewhat large collection of Angling books and this, without a shadow of doubt, is my favourite. I have read and re-read this book countless times and it never fails to take me on a journey that I'm sure I've been travelling since my Dad first took me fishing when I was eight years old. Sure, it's a work of fiction...with an obvious hint of truth thrown in here and there but if you, like me, have been in pursuit of that little bit of heaven ever since you picked up a rod and reel for the first time then read this book.....that little bit of heaven is on the turn of the first page.
on 4 June 2013
This was picked up and put down as I read slowly the first chapter or so. But a holiday in the sun in June which is when I wanted to fish had me finishing this book in a few days. My wife assuming I was ignoring her as I was consumed by the exciting and humorous content. Characters were recognised with grins. Some very accurately. Superb, and now onto the keeper.
on 23 May 2013
have not been fishing for ages but love to reminisce, so thought I would get this as a download for my tablet for reading on the way to work. Can't wait now to dust my rods off and get out there and get a bend in the rod!
on 29 October 2013
I must say I was a bit apprehensive about a fictional carp fishing novel but can testify that is was a fantastic read.

Anyone who loves their carp angling cannot fail to enjoy this book. Keith Jenkins captures the whole essence of carping the highs, the lows, the agony and the ecstasy along with the friendships and bonds that are formed through the love and pursuit of carp.

I loved this book and would highly recommend it not only good because it's about carp fishing the story told is also a gripping yarn.
on 10 April 2013
The book folllows the exploits of a group of friends who are keen carp anglers.It sees them pursuing their dreams over the years culminating in a dream capture.All through the book it is spliced with the outlook of the titles namesake..a carp of leviathan proportions.From fingerling to old age it overcomes several traumas and lives to swim another day.

I cant say too much or the story will be spoilt but buy it,read it, enjoy it and almost live the dream. a great read.....reccommended
on 1 October 2013
Starts as a young boy and develops through time following both fish and man until the paths cross
This us one of the best books I've read in a long time and keeps the reader glued to the pages from start to end
It reminds me of my own exploits as a nipper out poaching the local ponds for small Rudd and the summer days spent by the waters edge this books brings it all back
Without doubt a classic
on 5 June 2013
The first book which sets the scene for the sequel, the Keeper. Another good story which is easy to read.
on 28 February 2013
I bought this after reading The Keeper so I read the sequel first. There is more of a story in the Keeper but The Myth does a better job at capturing the atmosphere and passion of carp angling. Although no descriptions of fishing techniques have been included, I feel I have learned a lot from this book, mostly about patience, observation and being prepared to move when circumstances dictate.
on 3 December 2012
This was bought as a Christmas present for my parter, so I cannot, as yet comment on the contents of the book. He bought The Keeper a couple of weeks ago, which is another book of this author and enjoyed it, so I am guessing he will enjoy this also.

The postage was a little slow, I was beginning to get worried on its delivery
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse