5.0 out of 5 stars hot tips & fast!
There are so many sex guides & books available that promise action and just deliver blandness and waffle. This gem of a book however is packed full of interesting, exciting and most importantly easily put-into-practice tips that really helped spice up my relationship with a long term partner.

Highly recommended!
Published on 20 Nov 2007 by Sam Warner

2.0 out of 5 stars A Half-Measured Helping of Advice
There are 2 types of reviews for Foreplay/Sex Books:

"My sex life was lame... until I read this. Now things have spiced up! I had 25 thousand orgasms last night" - Miss I. Luvvitplenty, London

"Yawn. These tips are for utter beginners" - Mr O. Gasm, Manchester

Let me try and change that...

To her credit, Pam Spurr's tried...
Published on 11 Aug 2010 by Patrick Lye

2.0 out of 5 stars A Half-Measured Helping of Advice, 11 Aug 2010
There are 2 types of reviews for Foreplay/Sex Books:

"Yawn. These tips are for utter beginners" - Mr O. Gasm, Manchester

Let me try and change that...

To her credit, Pam Spurr's tried something new with this one. Instead of the generic layout - she has divided the advice on foreplay into the 5 senses... the phrase "If it ain't broke..." springs to mind. It's novel, yes, but not very practical. What we end up with is a massive chapter on everything to do with 'Touch' (and why does no one even mention massages!?), an entire chapter devoted to 'Smell', and oral sex being thrown into 'Taste', just to help keep the balance.

This would be forgivable if the advice was excellent... but sadly this is not the case. For one thing, targetting such a book at both sexes means that the specific, thorough details we want on how to pleasure the other is left out (lest the book hit 400+ pages) - the result is that both sexes are left with a half-measured summary of what the other one wants. It doesn't get much more thorough than "Here's 5 fun ways to touch her clitoris!"

The biggest failing is that we have a collection of different gimmicks and tricks, but no explanation on how to bring it all together. How can I tell they're close to orgasm? How exactly do I communicate without it sounding like a trip to the Opticians? (Which touch is better? 1... or 2?) Are there certain positions for oral sex which won't give me neck cramp? Should I lead in slowly and warm her up before vigorously munching on her? (The answer is 'Yes'. Thanks for the warning...)

The advice seems fine until you pick up another book. It was only when I read a proper one that I saw just how much had been left out here (It was Lou Paget's "How to Give her absolute pleasure" if you're curious)

"But..." I hear you cry... "Maybe this is a book for beginners? Maybe you're just a stud (why thankyou), and all this seems basic in comparison?"

Whilst my ego would LOVE to agree - the fact is that this book isn't beginner-friendly either. We get a weak guide to the whole process and are barely given any explanation of anatomy (at no point did she warn me that women have 2 pairs of lips down there - one of which is more receptive to touch than the other...) We don't even get diagrams! We get to work from vague verbal descriptions alone.

The final nail on the coffin is the overly hyped "6th Sense - Intuition!" - Personally, I thought this was going to outline the vital element of 'Anticipation'. After all, the ability to build anticipation slowly and build that sense of excitement is more important than any of the other tips put together. Such a vital element should not be left out... wait a minute... it has. Instead we get a whole chapter about "you should learn to sense what your lover wants!" with the only tip being to practice. Gee, thanks.

Overall - This book doesn't know what it wants to be. It's too brief and lacks the diagrams/descriptions/guide for beginners - But at the same time lacks the adavnced techniques and tricks for lovers who want to learn how to excel at foreplay. It hits a stale middle-ground, where men and women both lose out.

Peace

2.0 out of 5 stars what a load of waffle, 11 Jun 2010
Not enough actual guidance, diagrams would be useful rather than vague descriptions . I wanted actual sex tips not suggestions to have flowers & candles in the bedroom & feed each other asparagus!

5.0 out of 5 stars hot tips & fast!, 20 Nov 2007

Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars A book for men not women!, 19 Sep 2009
This book is one of the worst i have read. Have had to send it back. The writing is poor - has very few actual tips other than "take a shower together" and "look your best before he comes over" etc. And what sex tips there are, are all about how to please a woman. Perhaps this book would suit you if you are looking for intimate hints and tips, most of which are common sense. Otherwise, try another!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Foreplay, 29 July 2013
Interesting little book. A good insight into relevant issues. Comical in places and yet quite informative without being too pretentious

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 26 July 2013
My friends get this for present and now they happy extra more... Book which makes life to be more sensitive.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a boring book!, 13 Jun 2012
Sorry - all words - no fun! In fact enough to send you to sleep rather than jazz up your sex life.

4.0 out of 5 stars potent, 15 Sep 2009
A fine collection of methods to induce sexual urges, but lacked the energy side of it. Getting turned on or even turning your partner on in your sex life can be like the colour grey, this gives it some colour. As far as covering the "sixth sexual sense", I don't think it went far enough in covering transmutation of sex energy. That aside, it rocked my boat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A FABULOUS book!!!!, 10 Oct 2007
Wicked Luce (London England) - See all my reviews
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book as things have been a bit dull with my man. It looked like it promised to put a firecracker under us and it did. We love each other but it's so easy to get in a routine with sex. I found this book incredibly useful in spicing up a weekend of love with my man for starters. I'd never thought of seducing him through all his senses. We used to experiment and I used to pride myself on using my initiative but that seemed like a long time ago. Thankfully Pam's book got me thinking along new lines of seduction. He was surprised when I tried out some of the amazing suggestions, too X-rated for this review! It completely opened my eyes to treating each other like new lovers rather then a couple together for 4 years. If you want to turn your thinking around about sex and foreplay you'll thoroughly enjoy this book. If your sex life is like the colour grey, admittedly mine was going this way, this will help you put the sparkle back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Fabulous!, 6 Dec 2007
Ella 1 "EJ" (London, England) - See all my reviews
What a brilliant book! Bought this as a surprise for my partner and we have had hours of pleasure. A fabulous layout highlighting all of our senses and how to tease them. Rest assured I know what I speak of having read loads of sex books but this book has some wonderful ones. You won't regret buying this.