5.0 out of 5 stars macbook pro retina display 15-inch
arrived on time,uk model.saved 300 not buying from apple,my first mac and takes a while to get used to and is super fast compared to my old laptop.very happy with purchase.
Published 13 months ago by Mr. L. Hayward

1.0 out of 5 stars red flag this seller
Published 10 months ago by Scott Shanley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars macbook pro retina display 15-inch, 30 Jun 2013
Mr. L. Hayward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple ME664B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Launched Feb 2013) (Quad-Core i7 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB Flash, HD Graphics 4000, GeForce GT 650M 1GB, MAC OS X Mountain Lion) (Personal Computers)

1.0 out of 5 stars red flag this seller, 6 Oct 2013
Caveat Emptor - BUYER BEWARE. My order for a Macbook Pro 15" retina was made over a month ago with much fanfare and excitement. It is, after all, the emperor of the laptop kingdom. After early reassurances by our so-called seller, Adam20, I waited for an agreed arrival date. That passed, so the waiting game got underway. This game soon grew to resemble an epic. Weeks passed before the delivery window slammed shut without so much as a response from the pimpernel of the selling game.
Having abandoned all hope, I returned to the old-fashioned, trusted method of entering a shop to buy a gleaming New Macbook that actually existed (luckily, I'm in the Gulf where such goods are not subject to VAT). As things stand, I'm waiting for my claim to be speedily processed and a full refund issued. The case is cut and dry by any standard, but still my fingers have been scorched by this unpleasant buying experience.
If you want to run with uncertainty, evasion, dishonest practice, and evidence of a rogue trader who clearly lacks the merchandise he purports to having, Adam20 is your man (or woman. For all I know he could be a phantom).
SS

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Apple laptop, 9 Aug 2013
It is amazing the amount of processing power this 'entry level' model has. Coupled with the solid state hard disc and ample RAM this is miles faster than the laptop I had before: the late 2008 15" MacBook Pro with a Core2Duo 2.4 GHz processor. Ironically they share a clock speed but the processing power is at least three fold.

And then the screen: yes, it is gorgeous. The sharpness is amazing but the colours too: so vivid and rich in contrast but nevertheless convincing, not exaggerated like some cheap phones. I calibrated it with my Spyder set but the differences where minute. It was also pleasant to find that you can work in different (non native) resolutions and they all look good, not strangely pixilated like I had experienced before. This seems to be a nice by-product of having an ultra high resolution.

There is one obvious drawback: the solid state HDD storage is 'only' 256 GB and both difficult and prohibitively expensive to replace. In my previous MacBook Pro it was both cheap and trivial to upgrade to 750 GB so when migrating my data I have to make choices and I will have to purchase an external disc. Thankfully USB3 is affordable and fast.

The Retina MacBook Pro is by any standard a costly laptop but I to me it is worth is for the performance it delivers and the unique screen it has. Given that new models are on the horizon it might be worth holding out but I bought now because the current discounted price offered by Amazon was just too tempting.

1.0 out of 5 stars How is this cutomer Adam20 still allowed to be selling on Amzon....., 2 Oct 2013
The Apple ME664B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Launched Feb 2013) (Quad-Core i7 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB Flash, HD Graphics 4000, GeForce GT 650M 1GB, MAC OS X Mountain Lion)

Please take note , we have also just paied Adam20 1400 for this iteam .... but unfortunatly he has not sent it to us and done a runner with our money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having sent him 3 emails asking were the iteam is we have had no reply.
We are now as you shall see the second person this has happened to

PLEASE BE VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT BUYING FROM WHO EVER THIS IS .

Amozon why are you still allowing this person to pertentually steel from other people they should be taken off the site !

Oh and I had to give it a one rateing or I could not contiue with the post ..

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but flawed, 24 July 2013
M. Gledhill - See all my reviews
I like Apple, really I do. I have a 2008 MacBook Pro 17", a 2010 MacBook Pro 15", and recently gave this new Retina model a spin.

Frustratingly, it's keyboard immediately feels inferior to my other (older) Macs. I'd use the word "squidgey." Which is a real shame, as once you start using it's display in 1920x1200 mode, that screen is beautiful, and makes my 15" MacBook Pro screen look outdated.

Ironically, the new 2013 non-Retina 15" MacBook Pros still have a great keyboard. It's just the thinner Retina models (and the MacBook Airs) which suffer from keyboard "squidginess".

Do I love the look of this new Retina MacBook ?
Oh yes.

But given a choice, I'd prefer to be typing and working on a non-Retina MacBook Pro instead.
And when you're paying such a premium price for a laptop, I'm sorry, but that's a showstopper.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good laptop, 18 Jun 2013
Excellent quality, great performance, very good battery life. It is a bit pricier then other laptops, but after using it for a while other laptops just seem heavy and bulky. This is my first Apple laptop but it definitely won't be my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Jun 2013
Have been using Mac's for nearly 6 years now and decided it was time to upgrade, at nearly 300 cheaper than the Apple shop, this was by far the best price around and the unit came fully sealed and had no problems registering with apple and full worldwide guarantee. if your in the market for the new retina mac then opt for this one and get it at this great price !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Apple, 22 May 2014
This is a really, really expensive laptop! Maybe for some dedicated user it would be acceptable. It has a tiny storage by to-days standards. If one is to load user drivers (soft ware), it would leave precious little storage then. We acknowledge that the Mac OS takes some getting used to, some common down loads applications is not transfers are not compatible with other recipients. Like when it comes to what they call, 'sharing'. then other users cannot open it. I received an invoice and boarding ticket from an agent that could not open or print it on a Windows printer.
Why did I fork out for it?…….. the Retina Display. Fotos, Fotos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop in the market at current time., 11 Dec 2013
They have finally addressed the issue of screen ghosting. If you use your laptop very often, for your profession, or if you are a geek. In case you use your laptop only for light use, internet and checking email and stuff. Not recommended at all.

The seller was excellent in communication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Amazing refurbished laptop makes appearance like it's never been used ..., 26 Nov 2013
Truly Amazing refurbished laptop makes appearance like it's never been used before.
The only drawbacks of this order is that I never received box nor power cord.
The delivery time is also great didn't have to wait long it was in less than 24 hours.
Definitely big thumbs up! :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›