5.0 out of 5 stars Mega Book Pro
Have run with a MacBook Air for a couple of years and been delighted with its quality and performance - but 4Gb of un-upgradeable RAM meant I needed another machine to run Windoze applications. After a lot of thought I opted to buy this MacBook Pro 15" Retina with 16Gb Ram and 512Gb Flash.
I installed VMWare Fusion and created a Windoze partition and can now run...
Published 18 months ago by Damien Sullivan

2.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery but wrong country!
The details of the item didn't specify this, but the macbook is the US version rather than the UK version, so the keyboard is wrong! Unfortunately, I didn't realise the problem until I had taken the laptop out of all of it's packaging and began using it. Though in fairness, I never would have seen the US keyboard before taking it out of the packaging.
I hope that...
Published 18 months ago by Miss Halsall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega Book Pro, 5 Sept. 2013
Damien Sullivan (Peak District, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple ME665B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (16GB RAM, 512GB Flash Drive) (Personal Computers)
I installed VMWare Fusion and created a Windoze partition and can now run multiple VM Images at the same time.
So - I have a demonstration image for an ERP suite that boots up in seconds and a benchmark against a powerful Windoze machine gives an average of 3 secs compared to 20 secs in Windows 7. (that is on an i5 processor with 8Gb Ram).
I also have a W7 image running to access our own ERP system and some W only applications.
During Wimbledon I could run both of these images PLUS have multiple Mac Desktops open - 1 of which was running BBC iPlayer under Safari so I could watch Wimbledon whilst I worked.

This machine is absolutely stunning in performance and looks and the retina display (which I wasnt looking for but which came with the power and memory) is fantastic.

It is extremely expensive from Apple but this one was 20% cheaper - still expensive though ! Apparently a new MBP is coming out but when you can get this level of performance at a 20% reduction why bother waiting. Well worth it if you need the power and ability to run multiple OS applications simultaneously.

and yes - I am a 'business' user of an Apple and don't have a pony tail ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple MacBook supplied by Smart-Deals, 25 Sept. 2013
I received my MacBook 4 days ahead of schedule at a very keen price (£400 lower than Apple Store). The machine is all I expected and more but Amazon should make it clear to their customers that Apple products supplied from Smart-Deals are imported direct from USA and are specifically constructed for that market (e.g. the keyboards are configured for the US and the power supply cables have American plugs). It took an hour or so to find out how to reconfigure the keyboard through "system preferences" and Smart-Deals did supply an un-boxed UK plug and adapter.
However, this type of parallel trading can be regarded as un-ethical and Amazon should make it clear what the customer is going to get for the discounted price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 2 April 2013
D. Bodart (London) - See all my reviews
Almost 300 pounds cheaper than the Apple retail price, UK keyboard ( I'm based in london), perfect condition, fast delivery, and registered straight away on the Apple website, this is an incredible deal. I went to the Apple store to get a cable and the seller couldn't believe how much cheaper it was on Amazon.
Watch for the price as it goes up and down a lot, I bought mine at £2030 last week from FozTroniK, it said 5-10 days delivery and got there a day earlier.
I have been using PC for 15 years and this is my first Mac, reason to change was I needed something powerfull and that doesn't look to geeky when working in Motion / 3D for clients. Really happy with this choice.
Go for it.
D

2.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery but wrong country!, 9 Sept. 2013
I hope that this is the only difference and that there is no other problem with running the macbook. The seller has included a UK plug for using the adapter, which is something, even though it has sticky, mystery stains on it - yuck!
I do feel cheated as I had expected a UK version, but at least it's an English alphabet rather than cyrillic or chinese.
I will update the review if the seller offers any options, i.e. exchange, compensation or free return.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unless you are getting better than 50Mbps on your wifi the system freezes, 10 Aug. 2014
Beware. There is a major problem with WiFi on all Retina Display Apple laptops (Macbook Pro and Macbook Air). This has been known since 2011 (as I found out after trying to resolve the problem and checked the apple forums). This is especially a problem if you want to use Bluetooth for devices such as the "Magic Mouse" as this reduces the WiFi speed by about 90%. Unless you are getting better than 50Mbps on your wifi the system freezes. There is no fix for this problem (I have been to the Apple Store) and from the forums it appears that Apple seem to have no interest in solving it.

This is a great pity as, apart from the WiFi problem, this is a beautiful piece of kit. Fantastic display, looks and feels substantial and is completely silent (no cooling fan).

These Apple Macbook Pros could be fantastic but with the WiFi problem this severely limits them. If you want to use the Macbook Pro using WiFi then, unless you have very high speed WiFi at home or work you will have major problems and even if you do you will probably have problems if you use slower publicly available WiFi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vendor, 17 Jun. 2013
This MACBook Pro was about £200 cheaper than in other places. My previous MACBook Pro had had a fatal accident and, as I use it for my work, I needed a new one quickly. I contacted the vendor who said he could despatch it for next day delivery (no extra cost). It did indeed arrive the next morning, well wrapped and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived promptly, exactly as described, fantastic value, 16 May 2013
Brand new Apple Macbookpro, fast delivery, exactly as described, fantastic value. Highly recommended. This is a great price, much better value than buying direct from Apple.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, 29 Dec. 2013
The only flaw is the lack of a CD/DVD/Blu ray player on it, but you can buy one of those separately and this is for work.

I have gone through 1 x i5 and 2 x i7 windows 7 Pro laptops over the last 3 years and all have degraded over time. A friend showed me a 6 year old MAC he had which still is quicker than my new i7 laptop, so when that started going south I opted for this new MAC.

It is blisteringly quick on and off our LAN and I am far more productive rather than waiting around for Outlook to fail on the windows machines and the graphics are crystal clear HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Laptop, 25 Sept. 2013
I had the product in an excellent condition and receomment it to everyone that is looking for shower laptop to purchase. It was sent as promised as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the best laptop I've ever owned, 30 Dec. 2014
C. Chana "charanj.it" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Quite simply the best laptop I've ever owned. The screen lives up to the hype, displaying crisp text and with the brightness turned up, images look gorgeous.

I went for this option that has the NVIDIA graphics card, very useful if you use photo editing software or play games. I have found that when it kicks in for some things, like web browsing, for some reason scrolling isn't that smooth, but generally it's very good all round.

16GB of RAM means it should last some years and for me the 512GB solid state hard drive is both big and fast enough with boot times below 10 seconds.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›