5.0 out of 5 stars Works well
Published 8 months ago by Fred Chan

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice product in theory, unreliable in practice.
Published 12 hours ago by lewwatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
Model U3PD - Put a Toshiba 2TB DT01ACA200 7200rpm in this today. There was a slight misalignment of the circuit board sata connector with the hard disk connector which meant that a connection could not be made! However the circuit board (with sata connector) was held by two screws. Loosening these two screws allowed just a tiny swing to align the connectors. Took a minute to make this connection, very easy to do. One would expect some minor DIY user doable adjustment sometimes. So be warned not to force connection but loosen the screws instead. The black aluminium case (no ventilation slot) is luke warm with constant use. CrystalDiskInfo reported a hard disk temperature of 38 deg C ( 50 deg C plus is warning (amber) for a hard disk, max is 60 deg C). The case's USB 3 controller performance seemed to be comparable to that for big brand named external storage (as measured using DiskMark). The two feet secure to the enclosure with screws with sponge bottom stickers. I did not use the screws to fasten these feet and the enclosure seemed very stable. There is a small blue light which flashes with use. It is an average lit blue light (so not dim nor bright). I am very pleased with this on its first day and for which I paid 11.22 with free delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch enclosure, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
This is one of the best enclosures I have come across in years.

Very well designed and built. Minimum of fuss to assemble the drive and plug n play with both my PC and Mac's. Performance is top notch (120MB/s with my WD Green drive which is as fast as the disk can go!

Packaging is superb - no frills, well laid out. Comes with all screws and instructions and even a screwdriver! - this is the icing on the cake in my opinion as I've never had a caddy include tools before.

Delivery was fast.

10/0

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best so far., 8 Jan 2014
Mr. P. S. Evans "sir" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
I suppose you've got to kiss a few frogs to get a prince, and I've had a few dodgy hard drive enclosures in my past. This ones pretty as a picture, though, in a 'Dark Knight' kind of way.
Smooth, tactile, semi - matte brushed ally; even the feet slide on in a sexy way. Hold on! This is only a drive enclosure for goodness' sake.
The box contained all the bits you need (even a screwdriver); installing a 2Tb drive was a shove it in, screw it together lack off fuss job, and it's currently chewing away on an 800-odd gig transfer in a really unexciting way. Just as it should.
Thanks to Micro Online UK for fast, well- packed delivery at a good price.
PSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
Quality package. Easy to convert spare internal hdd into external drive. 5 minute to swap over and have setup. Pretty good quality feel to it all. Would buy another.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice product in theory, unreliable in practice., 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
For being among the cheapest looking enclosures that don't look like complete trash I was pleasantly surprised when I got to open the package and have a look. While the construction is evidently cheap it doesn't mean that it looks bad or feels badly made, the metal feels sturdy and the subtle brushed aesthetic means it doesn't look too shoddy on your desk. The installation of my Western Digital Red 4TB was simple and took a matter of minutes - although the instructions were very short and to the point, you probably wont need them anyway for anything other than a quick pointer.

Despite this, I was disappointed after plugging everything in as it would seem the provided power plug is non functional. The plug itself is very, very light. It almost feels like an empty plastic shell with a cable coming off of it. This component is obviously sourced from a very cheap and unreliable source as is implied by the enclosure's price and the poor construction of the plug, and of course the fact that it was dead on arrival. I know that the problem is not with the enclosure's PCB or HDD itself as I was able to use another plug I had lying around which provided power to the LED light - unfortunately it is only rated for 830mA while this enclosure needs 2A, so the plug overheated within minutes and I had no choice but to remove it before any damage was caused (to the plug).

I cannot recommend this product after receiving one which is non functional, otherwise it would have been a four star review considering the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works perfectly., 2 Sep 2014
TIJ (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
Once again my hard drive failed on my PC. Unfortunately my external hard drive's connector was terrible and was not able to access it. I ordered this caddy and installation could not have been simpler. It came with a screw driver, all the right screws and a couple of feet to stand it up as in the picture. Everything fits into place.

My only slight niggles are that the USB cable could be longer, and that my external hard drive's drive couldn't fit, but then I could always buy a longer cable for cheap should I need it, and it's the drive itself that could be causing the fitting problem seeing as my PC hard drive (and my older one) fits snugly.

I'll no doubt buy another one for my second drive and possibly a third depending on the aforementioned niggle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HDD enclosure, 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
Great HDD enclosure. Worked fine with and 2.5" SSD and a 3.5" HDD in it. I was using a 3TB drive with no problems. Fast reliable connection and transfer speed. Good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enclosure, doesn't permit drives to sleep though, 20 May 2014
D. Patel (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
Speeds are great, no issues with USB 3.0 connectivity and all metal enclosure means it's a heat sink.

However the USB Bridge will not let drives sleep.

2.0 out of 5 stars Enclosure does not work with 1 TB sata western digital hard drive, 25 July 2014
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
I have just received my order of the above enclosure and the WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Caviar Blue .
Accordin to the User Manual, I have assembled the two units, and after the connection to the computer and to the mains, I realised that it does not work.
Readin the Manual again, i noticed that it does not say that it work with the WIN 8.1 system, which is the one that I use.
In fact , the disk is not recognised by the system and does not appear on the device manager

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 19 July 2014
This review is from: CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 U3PD SATA HDD Enclosure (Accessory)
I got this as a long term home for a 4TB 72,000 RPM drive, as they say, you get what you pay for, whilst putting it together after inserting the drive, one of the screw tabs for the cover broke off but fortunately the screw adjacent to it holds everything together okay. The downside is, this enclosure can only stay in the one place as traveling around my cause the case to 'fatigue' break.