5.0 out of 5 stars Every Dad needs this book
This book was recommended to me by a friend.

Its astonishing. With kids of my own the one minute ideas are instantly usable. I read the book in 90 mins and then re read it again.

So positive and full of energy.

If you are a dad ,or about to be a Dad you need this book!
Published 21 months ago by bookish

3.0 out of 5 stars It's very sad that the advise given in this book is not just common sense!!
Reading this little book made me feel very sad. Why? Because surely you don't have to be TOLD by a book to tell your kids that you love them everyday and be supportive in everything they do. But perhaps some people do and I am being naive.
I bought this book with my son in mind who had just become a new Dad and works very very long hours. Reading the write up it...
Published 10 months ago by Maz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Dad needs this book, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: One Minute Super Dad: 99 One Minute methods to raise positive, confident and healthy children (One Minute Magics Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book was recommended to me by a friend.

So positive and full of energy.

If you are a dad ,or about to be a Dad you need this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars one minute super gems, 21 Mar 2013
Having been through and still in the process of facing up to the challenges and pleasures of bringing up my two young kids, there was a never a better time to get this book by Dr.Prashaant. There are some profound thoughts here, some that I can directly relate to, some I should anticipate and some from a compilation of cutting insights which are incisive. Thoughtful, thought provoking and thoroughly enjoyable, and a conscience pricking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking read, 6 Jun 2013
V. Vijay "yummum" (UK) - See all my reviews
A quick read parenting book but with lasting impressions. This book has been well thought and written covering , in the right intriguing detail ,most of the areas one should think about while bringing up children. Love how it brings to attention little things that 'men' generally tend to overlook as trivial when dealing with children.

Whats next ? 1 Minute Super Hubby I hope!!!??

5.0 out of 5 stars Parenting is a skill too, 16 May 2013
This is a book that every parent needs to read, not just dads. It is filled with very useful information and the 99 one-minute magic moments are are great idea. They are are spread throughout the book and categorized very well. There are some good examples of what to do and what not to do. I also really like the suggestions for games or things to do with your kids in the least possible time.
I think the best part of the book is the simplicity of writing. There are quotes or mention of over a 100 books in this book which shows how well and the author has worked and researched for the book apart from interviewing so many experts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opener, 12 May 2013
I downloaded this book for my husband who dearly loves our kids, but has a hard time connecting with them.

Men, as they are, he was hesitant to read it, but after some convincing he eventually did. After he finished, he showed no reaction, but the same night I noticed something different in how he was interacting with the kids. Once dinner was over, he took them to the living room where I noticed them all getting along and smiles all over their faces. I can't say for certain it was the book that helped them get along but I have a feeling it did.

I read the book too and am upset that there should be bit more material added on understanding reasons why the siblings fight so much. That was my biggest problem which got sorted but I want to know more about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 11 May 2013
K.B. (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews
As a father myself, of two kids (ages 6-10), I found the information and advice very useful. It's helped me to see the things I'm going wrong and improve them. Recommended to all fathers, both new and old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice stuff on habits of children, 11 May 2013
I do agree with the central theme that the first 10 years of life are like writing the software of the minds, beliefs and forming habits. The book helps in being articulate rather than manipulative with the child.
The story of Gary King whose son committed suicide was very moving and I agree that the seed of low self esteem is planted in early childhood and can be prevented.
The Rosenthal experiment showing how kids perceive us was a shocker and my biggest carry back home message. I am sure such an experiment would never be allowed in the modern world.
Certainly worth a read, and some big names in the big too- star studded book :) I would say. It delivers what it says

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smooth to read and very actionable things, 10 May 2013
There's a lot of great advice on what wonderful things you can say to kids when you're pressed for time or One Minute Magic Moments as he calls it. I would mention some things that particularly struck me.
For example, "Because I love you, I will always help you."

I also like the affirmation you can teach your kids: "I am important. I matter. I can learn and grow. I can be kind to others. I can succeed."

Love the idea of telling your daughter "how about putting your hair clip in a different way today?"
Completely agree that it's not enough to tell your children things, you must get involved in their lives as well, and have an interest in what they're doing.

I also agree with the dangerous "grenades" he mentions, such as telling your kids "You can't do anything right" or "Why can't you be more like Tommy" or "You are so dumb." And as the book mentions, we get angry sometimes on the same things that we sometimes laud them for because its our mood and stress that causes us to react that way rather than the kid most times.
I also loved the idea about getting them involved in a self-defense sport and ways like using Jackie Chan or Rocky like movies to develop their interests. Learning self-defense is vital to overcoming bullies. Bullies don't care about stupid movies about bullying, but they will not bother those that can and do defend themselves when attacked."
Love the true story of the brilliant scientist who realized that his daughter won't do well in academia and supported her dream of becoming a chef. Sometimes we forget that our children are not extensions of ourselves, like father isn't always like son or daughter. We can say no, but we must be realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a pocket book to read and refer to a few times..., 8 May 2013
Many dads get a nagging feeling from time to time that they are too busy to be able to connect effectively with their kids - ironically they are also too busy to read the usual long self-help books that might be able to help them in this regard. The thing that I liked is it re-referability as it is so concise.

The one minute magics as they are called here certainly are great insights and lets face it, we have just lost the juice out of our parenting lives due to the go go go attitude. Lovely and inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for time spent, 8 May 2013
It took me 90 minutes to read though book says its a one hour read. But I cannot complain. My biggest issue was the siblings fighting too much and that one thing is certainly nailed here. Would recommend it to any family.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›