4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting family history mystery!
Published 14 months ago by R. Wileman

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
I found the style of writing irritating in some places, but very much enjoyed the story which was different and kept me interested
Published 10 months ago by Mrs. M. Cannon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting family history mystery!, 25 Nov. 2013
R. Wileman "rosie" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
I am wondering how much time has elapsed between novels. I had down-loaded this one, a sequel to "Family Shadows", at the same time and did not expect to enjoy it much. However, I was pleasantly surprised, as the writing style has improved enormously. I really warmed to the characters this time and the genealogical side was not only factual, but also intriguing. No sense of being lectured to, (this time) and far more realistic dialogue made for a much more enjoyable read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 10 Mar. 2014
Mrs. M. Cannon (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 6 July 2013
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
I was looking forward to this author's second book and was not disappointed. I enjoyed every bit of it and although I did manage to work out the ending before I got there I found myself unable to put the kindle down till I had finished it.
Well worth the purchase and look forward to the next one

1.0 out of 5 stars No wonder it was cheap., 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
I chose this because it had good reviews but I wondered why the price was so low. Now I know. The story is obvious yet unconvincing and dogged by dull irrelevant detail of the ' "Would you like tea?" she asked. "Yes please." he replied.' variety. The characters so flat that one can't identify with them at all. Sorry but the whole thing was ridiculous from start to finish.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Cuckoo Story, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
ThIs book started well with a mystery of a man driving off a cliff edge while his wife lay injured in a cottage nearby. It is investigated by Madeline an amateur genealogist. The story quickly became tedious with many uninspiring characters and confusing with lots of name changing. As I read through to the bitter end I have given two stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cuckoo Clock, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
A good read, possibly a little bit predictable with one or two too many co-incidences but I enjoyed it all the same

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it!, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book, I thought that the story was unusual. My only criticism is that the characters could have been 'fuller' I read 'Family Shadows' by John Nixon enjoyed it so much I bought the Cuckoo Clock so obviously it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cuckoo Clock, 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
Another book by John Nixon and just as brilliant. The storyline is thought provoking. Can't wait to turn the page over to find out what happens next. The characters come to life you really care about them. Absolutely loved the story. Please read and enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting plot line, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
The 2nd in this series featuring Madelaine Porter and, to a genealogist, containing much more of interest concerning the personal family history web we all live in. An understandable plot line which this reader wished to solve.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cuckoo clock, 7 May 2014
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
I have not read any of John Nixon books before but I will look out for more I loved this book nice easy read can recommend

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›