5.0 out of 5 stars tastes lovely
I tried the salmon fishcakes from this book and they were delicious and who would think of feta and fig in an omelette! - it really works and is lovely and both are very good for healthy living.
Published on 9 Mar. 2013 by shirlwhirl

3.0 out of 5 stars 5:2 Diet Days
Book is adequate for purpose and gives a reasonable number of recipes to use on your fasting days. Useful as supplement to main 'The Fast Diet' book.
Published 23 months ago by Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars tastes lovely, 9 Mar. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful, 24 April 2013
I've just started on the 5:2 diet and was struggling for lunch/dinner ideas. This book really helped, not the best layout for a book, very basic, no pictures to draw you in but if you just want some meal ideas then it's great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than many, but not perfect, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Your 5:2 Diet Days: Tasty Recipes For One (Kindle Edition)
The hills are alive with the sound of writers, many of them amateurs, jumping on the 5:2 diet bandwagon. The books tend to follow a similar pattern: first an explanation of the diet, the research behind it, and the nitty-gritty of how to follow it. Then comes a selection of calorie-counted recipes. This book’s first section is more interesting than many, because it uses a practical question-and-answer way of explaining things, and also gives a very personal account of the writer’s own reasons for trying the diet, the problems she struggled with, and the pleasing progress she has made. Then come the recipes. Again, introductory explanation is interestingly and lightly done.
The recipes themselves are less satisfactory. Embellishing the names of the dishes with adjectives such as “Spicy”, “Toasty”, “Scrummy”, “Zesty”, “Tasty”, “Refreshing” and “Tangy” can’t disguise the fact that they are, of necessity, pretty lean. It might have been better not to present daily menus, as few people will like everything on the daily list, and will want to make some changes. There is a list of dishes which makes this easier, but in the Kindle edition it’s quite difficult to get to the one you want. As with other books of this kind, recipes veer between the blooming obvious (do we need a “recipe” for Poached eggs with Crispbread?) – and the over-laborious – “Spicy Tomato Soup” with twelve ingredients, anyone? I notice advantages over other similar books: Lucy Lonsdale gives recipes for one; many other writers give them for one, two, four and even eight or twelve! It’s much easier to multiply a one-person recipe for a family or for freezing, but not nearly as easy to divide down. And she doesn’t flavour everything with garlic – I think many of the admirers we hopefully acquire with our newly svelte figures might be put off by the waves of garlic emanating from our persons, if we follow some other writers.
I think this is one of the better books of its kind, but it’s not perfect. It’s a very personal thing. Some people will prefer two meals a day rather than the three suggested here. Myself, I don’t want to be slaving over a hot stove for hours to produce my rather pathetic, though “tasty” meals; two boiled eggs and a banana will do me as I while away my fasting day with Flog It! and Escape to the Country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Your 5:2 Diet Days: Tasty Recipes For One (Kindle Edition)
Having been on this diet for a couple of weeks now, this book is exactly what I needed. The recipes are excellent and I find myself actually looking forward to the 'fasting' days so I can try them out. Definitely an invaluable resource to anybody on the diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars A living example, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Your 5:2 Diet Days: Tasty Recipes For One (Kindle Edition)
When followed systematically, will prove to be very useful. Read and follow religiously, will loose pounds in few weeks. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Your 5:2 Diet Days: Tasty Recipes For One (Kindle Edition)
This is a good diet therefore I find the book very interesting and helpful. I have lost 5-1bs in 3-weeks so I am delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing!, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Your 5:2 Diet Days: Tasty Recipes For One (Kindle Edition)
I am finding the 5:2 way of eating really great. Lucy's recipes are such a help and are keeping me on the path towards a healthy weight. No longer am I bored with what I am eating on my 'fasting' days - the recipes in Lucy's book are wonderful... easy to put together, tasty and not too expensive. Perfect for someone doing 5:2 on their own. Thanks so much, Lucy. Much appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to help you get started on the Fast Diet., 1 Sept. 2013
A really helpful book with good advice for getting going with the Fast Diet. It took out the aggro of working out calories & types of food to eat on the fast days especially when you work full time or generally have a very busy lifestyle, and I'm still continuing to use it. The initial advice & personal story makes you feel as though you know the author who is chatting to you with the advice & support. Glad I bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars 5:2 Diet Days, 22 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 9 Jun. 2014
This book is perfect for me as I am doing this diet on my own. Each day has a suggested meal plan for fasting days with the correct amount of calories allowed. If their is anything you don't like, the author has given the calories in each individual recipe making it easy to use an alternative if you prefer. Great book, some really nice recipes.