on 4 April 2014
I'm not sure how the fastening clips would hold up if used by children but for adults this is a handy little box. We have two. My husband uses one every day for his packed lunch (for work). We use both of them when we go out for the day walking. When we first got them it was a struggle to find bread/rolls to fit the compartment, as it is small. We tend to use Kingsmill wholemeal rolls (as two will fit in), wraps or Warburton's Sandwich thins. The middle white compartment holds the fork and spoon (that came with the box) and is also able to hold a Frube yoghurt. We then use the top compartment to hold sliced fruit. When closing the box it is important to get the three compartments to line up and then the lid flaps clip onto the sides of the bottom compartment. We are happy with these boxes.
on 3 March 2014
We only use this once a week and we've had the item for 8 weeks. The lid closure snapped off and now the lunchbox is totally useless and the date for returns has expired.
I DO NOT recommend this product!
on 15 January 2014
this broke after one use. Not very good at all. on principal it is a good size and shape, but not if the clips come off
on 6 August 2014
Purchased as a lunch box for me and one as a snack box for my baby boy. They've held up to a lot of abuse so far (being thrown down to the floor from high chair etc). I wish the bottom compartment was about a cm deeper. It holds two wraps comfortably, but sandwiches get a little squished. The cutlery layer is ideal for bread sticks if you have a little one.
on 16 March 2016
I've had this bento box for about a month now and it's held up particularly well considering its chucked in a backpack on a daily basis. The bottom layer holds enough food for a decent salad, rice etc although I think it would be a struggle to find bread rolls to fit but as I have salads the size is perfect for me. The middle white layer of the box wedges a little into the bottom layer so you end up with a very air tight (or liquid tight) box.
The top compartment is split into two parts and my only warning for this layer is that the section 'wall' doesn't go all the way up meaning when you have the lid on there is a slight gap between the two compartments. This means if you, have something juicy like pineapple in one part the food in the other part ends up with the pineapple juice in it. I tend to have cherry tomatoes in the smaller compartment so nothing a quick rinse with water doesn't solve for me.
The lid secures nicely onto the box with a satisfying snap so you always feel it's on securely. In my month or so of use so far the box has leaked once from the top layer (those pesky pineapple juices) but only slightly and on closer investigation it looked like the lid wasn't quite lined up to the box correctly. Since then, no issues.

Overall, a nice box, for the price it does exactly what you need. A few things to be wary of but nothing that would stop me recommending this to anyone whose after a neat little bento box.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2014
I like this a lot, and has certainly made my lunchtimes at work a bit more interesting.

I guess it is what it is, but it means that you have three different sized compartments for holding food plus a shallow tray for holding the included spoon and fork and possible a few other bits, such as cocktail sticks. What this means for me is that if I take a salad to work it doesn't end up looking like a soggy mess, but looks really attractive with different foods in different sections, just so much more appetising.

There are a couple of downsides which have lost it a star. The clip to hold it all together can be a bit difficult at times, although I suspect that this may decrease the more I use it. And it isn't exactly water-proof, so if you do put something with a certain liquid content, you really need to ensure that it stays upright.

But overall this is a great buy, and I have now bought another for myself, and my wife has bought different-coloured ones for the children.
on 8 January 2015
Bought one each of these for our granddaughters (the other one in turquoise) to replace old lunch boxes and they loved the different compartments to store the various pieces of food - and there seems to be plenty of space for everything. The box is made of a sturdy plastic so am hoping it will stand the test of time
on 2 October 2014
Perfect exactly what we were hoping for.

Enough space, well built and good quality
on 5 July 2014
Great little product, u can fit a good amount of food into the sections of this lunch box & it is small enough to fit into my handbag.. Ideal product, would recommend :)
on 8 May 2014
I have bought two of these for my 6 and 12 year olds. These are great for school lunches, however might be a bit too big for smaller children. I can pack a whole plate of adult sized portion in this box plus some fruit/desert. We had them since september last year, so fas, so good. Very well built.