5.0 out of 5 stars Superb EP from exceptional songwriter, 20 Feb 2013
S. L. Howard (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sorry for My Words (MP3 Download)
"Sorry for my Words" is the first EP from Laurence Fox. Yes, he is an actor, but don't let that put you off, as he is also gifted with an exceptional talent for song writing and a voice well suited to the amazing tunes and lyrics he creates.

Credit should be given to Fox for not using his fame to push his music into the mainstream. But, like every other indie artist, he is paying his dues, gigging it around London and learning from his performances and shaping his talent.

The EP has five songs, all autobiographical and as such will resonant with the listener as the lyrics will echo events in your own lives.

"Mostly Water" is the stand out song for me, an astonishing piece. It is not only a surprisingly brilliant concept for a song, but it is filled with a true emotion so rarely found in today's music. Fox wrote the song about his children and therefore is sung very much from the heart, which is very evident.

The other four songs, "Gunfight", "Punching Underwater", "So be Damned" and "Believe" each have their own unique sound and poignant punch to them and one, if not all of them, will be become a favourite, not for its bouncy beat, but for its emotive sensitivity that touches your soul.

You will not be bopping around the living room to Fox's songs, or singing them aloud to a captive audience on your bus journey to work. They are meaningful, reflective and better suited to those times when you can truly appreciate and absorb this wonderful talent.

I have no idea what Fox's plans are for his burgeoning musical career, and although I don't feel we will ever see him at number one in the Top 40, he will, I expect, amass a very large and very loyal following, which will enable him to continue to produce EP's and quite possibly full albums of this calibre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful surprise, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sorry for My Words (MP3 Download)
Found this EP by accident, heard the voice and liked the songs before realised who was singing. The Very Talented Mr Fox! "Believe" and "So Be Damned" are my favourites this week.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ in my books, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sorry for My Words (MP3 Download)
Loved him as an actor and now love him as a singer, great songs, good voice. cant stop playing it which is deffo a good sign id say :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Understated, undefined and undeniably good, 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sorry for My Words (MP3 Download)
Sometimes when an artist performs deeply personal music, it can make you feel patronised by those with ‘real feelings’ expressed to music. Sometimes it can leave you feeling a little voyeuristic and intrusive. But sometimes, just sometimes, the artist gets it right on the mark and this is what Lawrence Fox has done with this EP.

I heard Gunfight first and this beautiful alternative ballad encouraged me to purchase the EP. My initial thoughts were that it was pleasant enough and I continued on with my day. However by the end of the day I had found myself humming refrains and teasing out the meanings behind the lines. Quite simply it was poetry to music which in the current market flooded with stereotypes and copycats, was refreshing and made me smile.

The music is soulful and deep, complimented beautifully by the gravelly voice, and its folky-overtones are easy to listen to. Though perhaps not an album to leap out and grab you by the shirt front, this music is more subtle and beguiling; insinuating itself into your ears and making itself at home.

Though small in length Sorry For My Words is big on content and to my mind an excellent first foray into the world of music. I’m certainly looking forward to what will come next.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Laurence Fox as an actor and now I love ..., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Sorry For My Words - EP (Audio CD)
I love Laurence Fox as an actor and now I love his music. This EP is great. Cannot wait for more music from this very talented gentleman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Sorry For My Words - EP (Audio CD)
I think if anyone were to avoid this EP for any trivial reasons would miss out on some amazing tracks. Beautiful songs, wonderfully written, played and sung. The unique sound of Laurence Fox is something everyone should experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sorry For My Words - EP (Audio CD)
Came across the video to Gunfight on youtube. I normally give actors trying their hand at music a wide berth but took a chance with this EP and was not disappointed. Great voice, lovely lyrics, and tunes to get drunk on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 22 Jan 2014
D. E. Miles "Dave" (Beds, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sorry for My Words (MP3 Download)
This is a real eye opener. Heard him on the radio being interviewed and they played a track. Went straight online and bought this. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sorry for My Words (MP3 Download)
Lovely collection from the extremely talented Mr Fox. Just wish it was longer, love it! Ideal to play whilst sitting in front of a log fire with good friends, better wine and deep and meaningful conversations.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sorry for My Words (MP3 Download)
Oh my goodness. I never knew Laurence Fox could sing that well. It was brilliant and I go to sleep with the music

Sorry for My Words