4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some getting used to but good filter
I didn't realise this bottle requires you to suck a little to pull the water out although should have realised that considering it is a filter bottle. Anyway, that took a little getting used to but otherwise it is perfectly good and filters work well.
Published 4 months ago by Fred

2.0 out of 5 stars Brita Fill & Go vs Bobble
I saw the Brita Fill & Go bottle (and 4 filters) in my local Boots. Having used Bobble bottles before, I thought the Brita version would be more popular and therefore it would be easier to get hold of the filters - though readily available on Amazon (and cheaper), the Bobble filters are pretty rare on the high street.

I thought the Brita bottle quite...
Published 9 months ago by J. Tremlett

2.0 out of 5 stars Brita Fill & Go vs Bobble, 1 July 2013
J. Tremlett (Epsom, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BRITA Fill&Go Water Filter Bottle Incl. 4 Filter Discs - Blue (Kitchen & Home)

I thought the Brita bottle quite attractive and though the bottle is large, the filters are small and don't take up as much room in the bottle as the Bobble version. That was definitely a plus point for me, as the smaller Bobble bottles, whilst more convenient for certain trips etc, don't hold as much water as they should due to the size of the filter. Therefore they have to be filled up more often.

I thought with their history, Brita would have designed a decent bottle. Sadly I was wrong. As others have touched on, it is hard to drink through even when upright (and yes I have tried tightening the lid and re-inserting the filter etc). I suppose I could live with the fact that you have to hold it upright all the time, which doesn't really seem natural, IF the spout made it easier to do so (you have to lean over it) and it STILL wasn't a struggle to get a decent amount of liquid through. Not only that, as others have also touched upon, it leaks. Which makes it hopeless to take travelling where it is likely the bottle would be tipped up at some point. In comparison, with the spout down and the cap on as an extra (mostly unnecessary) precaution, my Bobble bottles never leak.

Another negative against the Fill & Go is that the filters only last 1 week. In contrast the Bobble filters last 2 months, which is great for holidays. Perhaps because they have been around longer, the Bobble filters also work out cheaper.

In summary, I am very disappointed in the Fill & Go. I really think that Brita will need to go back to the drawing board if this is to become popular as, as it currently stands, it is expensive and poorly designed.

For what it is worth, and for those who are considering both brands, here is a pro list for the Bobble and Fill & Go:

Bobble bottle pros:

1. Bottles come in a variety of sizes
2. Filters last 2 months before they need changing
3. The spouts don't leak and together with the cap are watertight in a bag if turned upside down
4. The filters/bottles are currently cheaper than Fill & Go
5. Bottles can be drunk from like a normal bottle - i.e. tipped up!

Bobble bottle Cons

1. Filters take up a large percentage of the bottle (smaller bottles)
2. The filters are harder to find on the high street, though Amazon is the cheapest solution

Britta Fill & Go pros

1. Filters are smaller and take up less room in the bottle
2. Brita is a more popular brand on the high street and therefore the filters MAY be more readily available.

Brita Fill & Go Cons

1. Bottles only come in one size (at present) - large.
2. Bottles leak, even when the cap is on correctly
3. Bottles have to be held upright for any water to be drawn
4. Filters have to be changed every week.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaky, 22 Oct 2013
The bottle has some good features (filter discs and flip top) but unfortunately these are outweighed by the poor design. The bottle leaks after every sip which is very annoying. The bottle is also awkward to re-assemble after filling.

1.0 out of 5 stars Water leaking after a sip, 13 Aug 2013
The product is good but the water is leaking from top once you have a sip. The internal design is not good to hold cap filter position and it is keep falling. The filter cap should have locking system

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some getting used to but good filter, 25 Nov 2013
Fred (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you have a desk job, 5 April 2014
Having read a lot of reviews, I was slightly sceptical about buying this but I loved the concept of it so decided to give it a try.

I'm not disappointed by it on the whole. I take it to work every day and it filters tap water. A few reviews I read commented on the size of the bottle. I don't find it to be a problem, but then I'm always happy to stretch my legs and walk to the kitchen.

Yes its true that 9 times out of 10 when you go to refill it, the bit that holds the filter and straw does fall out. Hence 4 stars. Its a bit annoying but not a major hassle. I think as long as you're expecting it to fall out, you won't be surprised and its really easy to put back in.

Some reviews comment on it being hard to drink out of. I've kept the straw in mine, but you can remove it. I have a Camelbak bottle that I take to the gym, this bottle is similar in that once you get your head around not tipping the bottle up to drink out of it, its quite easy. I can see why some people find it difficult though, but you get used to it.

I've had no issues with mine leaking.

All in all, I have no regrets about buying this bottle. It does what it says, just a tiny bit of hassle when filling it up sometimes.

1.0 out of 5 stars did not work., 16 Sep 2013
The bottle design is very poor. After a week it developed a smell. The charcoal discs did not work as such.
Threw it away.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality beware, 14 July 2013
B. Wetherilt (London, UK) - See all my reviews
After 3 weeks of use the hinge has started to break away from the lid - very disappointing for an expensive plastic bottle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Bobble, 5 Nov 2013
P. Cohen - See all my reviews
I've owned 2 Bobbles in the past and gave them away because they leaked everywhere. So I had fairly low expectations for the Fill&Go. But now after 3 weeks of use I am sold. It's easier, quieter, cleaner than Bobble. I wonder if there are some Bobble employees writing some of the damning Fill&Go reviews here because they simply don't make sense to me.

Here's my review

* The straw

First thing I did when I got the Fill&Go home was remove the straw and fill it up with a new cleaned filter. I disliked the straw idea so I chose to drink like from a normal bottle for the first day. Bad idea. It didn't feel right that way and was hard to drink without leaving excess water in the lid. That water leaked out later. So I put the straw back in, kept the bottle upright, and haven't turned back. No more leaks at all. In fact I've learned to love the one-handed drinking action of the flip-top lid and the almost complete silence of straw sipping. I even drink silently in a crowded movie theatre with no one noticing. It's a subtle and easy way to drink. I've never had any problem with the amount of pressure needed to suck on the straw. I noticed it for the first day and have been used to it ever since.

* Refilling

When refilling the Fill&Go takes a little experience to prevent the disc tray falling out. A locking mechanism might have helped here. If you remove it carefully and hold up side down it you are fine. The Bobble was easy enough to fill though since there is no fill line you had to leave an error margin when filling. The Fill&Go is ace here because you can will it all the way to the top and then put the lid on.

* Leaks

Those who say the Fill&Go leaks are vastly exaggerating or doing something wrong in my opinion. Perhaps they took the straw out. I've had the Fill&Go leak once when the bottle was left to build up air pressure. It also leaked when the straw was removed and I was drinking by tipping the bottle. Other than that the Fill&Go is a dream compared to the Bobble which nearly ruined my camera when it leaked everywhere inside my bag. The advantage of the Fill&Go here is that it is simpler easier to keep upright. In both cases you have the potential for slight leaks. In the case of an upside down Bobble under pressure, watch out!

I gave my first Bobble away because it leaked so much. Then I bought another, thinking I must have got unlucky on the first purchase. That there was simply no way it was meant to leak THAT much. Same story with the second Bobble. I also gave it away and my friend told me they stopped using it after 2 days because it leaked too much. Either I've had bad luck with Bobbles or they are poorly designed. I think the latter. I spent an entire day trying to work out how to drink from it without getting water down my shirt. The Fill&Go is hands down the better purchase in regards to staying away from leaks.

* Effective filtering

I'm usually of the belief that these filters are overkill so I'm not overly fussed about changing the filter weekly. I think you would have to run scientific water check to actually compare Bobble and Brita on this regard and I'm inclined to think you can change the Fill&Go filters every 2 weeks fine.

My sense was that the Bobble doesn't filter as effectively as the Fill&Go. I could notice the strange taste I have in my local water in the Bobble filtered water, whereas the Fill&Go filtered water mostly eliminated that taste.

* Styling and function

The look and feel of the Fill&Go is way ahead of the Bobble. I can imagine using the same Fill&Go for years, whereas I always imagined turfing out the bobble after a few months. It just seemed flimsy and deteriorating every time I used it. The Fill&Go has a one-handed action and can be completely dis-assembled for cleaning with a cloth. If your Bobble develops any nasties on the inside you cannot get into it to clean.

* Handles and attachments

Both the Bobble and the Fill&Go are sadly lacking in any kind of loop or hole to attach the bottle to a strap or a bag. I've found it easier to fasten my own attachment on the Fill&Go.

* Sizes

I'd really like a larger size as 600ml doesn't last long for me. The Bobble came in large sizes but the bottle is such an unmanageable shape you'll regret getting the biggest Bobble. In all the Fill&Go is not much smaller than a 1L powerade bottle so I think with a bit of tweaking they could make a nicer larger Fill&Go.

* Noise and Ease

The Fill&Go with a straw is really quiet. I drink in movie theatres. I drink everywhere with it. I'm never afraid to pull it out and have a sip. The Bobble is a pain because it requires 2 hands for starts but also because of the squishing wooshing sound that you create every time you drink. It may seem like a fun sound at first but that wears off soon enough and it's simply annoying. There is no way you could drink in a cinema or supermarket queue. You could even drink from the Fill&Go with one hand while driving.

* OVERALL

It's no contest. Get the Fill&Go; leave the straw in; add a loop of material for an attachment around the neck; learn to open it without spilling or dropping the insides; and learn to put it in your bag upright.

What I'd like from Fill&Go:
- a bigger bottle 800ml+
- longer lasting discs (bigger if need be)
- an attachment point or loop
- better disc locking

What I'd like from Bobble:
- Nothing, they got it wrong. IMO It's a bad design that cannot be bettered without rethinking from scratch. I think this is what Brita did when they introduced the Fill&Go.

I hope that's all helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Change the way you drink from a bottle., 6 Jan 2014
I thought this was rubbish until I read a few reviews on here, simply fill leave in the fridge overnight then drink like you would from a glass with a straw, DON'T TILT YOUR HEAD BACK LIKE YOUR DRINKING FROM A BOTTLE! IT WONT WORK THIS WAY IF YOU DO!

It works perfectly then...easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Throwing bobble away, 27 Dec 2013
I have both this and a bobble bottle. I hate the bobble, find it hard to drink out of, slow to filter water and an awkward shape.

This Brita bottle is AMAZING, I have had no trouble with leaking and do not find it difficult to drink out of plus it fits in every standard cup holder. If you prefer to drink out of it whilst tipping all you need to do is remove the straw which is in fact a design feature and not a flaw! Filters need replacing slightly more regularly but remain competitively economical.

I am about to purchase my second and throw my bobble away!!

ARRAY(0xac6e59e4)