5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant...
I got these headphones as my Sony DR-BT21G's had 'gone wrong' (the left speaker no longer worked) and all I can say is these are brilliant, a massive upgrade to my Sony DR BT 21 G Bluetooth Headphones Black that came with my Sony NWZ-A828 which I got about 5-7 years ago.

Published 9 months ago by JXF

2.0 out of 5 stars Hurt my ears
These hurt my ears if I wear them for more than one hour
They are not a very good design and do not surround your ear, but push your ears into your skull.
Published 2 months ago by Frank Turley

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant..., 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sony DR-BTN200 Overhead Bluetooth Headphones for Android Smartphones - Black (Electronics)

The quality of the sound from these Sony DR-BTN200 Overhead Bluetooth Headphones for Android Smartphones - Black's is amazing far superior to many of the much more expensive wired or wireless headphones out there.

Set-up is incredibly fast if you have a NFC phone/music device and indeed simple and fast [IMHO] even if you need to pair without NFC.

For me the battery lasts around 30-35 hours of non stop music, which is brilliant, if you only listen to a few hours or less of music per day you will most likely only have to charge these headphones once a week.

I have found that these headphone are very well built and are sturdy, ask my 2 year-old boy that loves them...

Thank you, goodbye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning sound, amazing technology, 4 July 2013
The headphones are amazing - the sound is perfect, the design is stylish and the bluetooth and NFC technologies work perfectly. Definitely one of the best I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Windows Phone, 26 Dec 2013
Carl Wright (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
From the description and the documentation, it seems that the NFC functionality of this requires that you either have a Sony Xperia or an Android phone. This is not the case.

On touching my NFC enabled Windows Phone 8 to the headphones, the phone asked if I wanted to turn on Bluetooth and pair with the device. A few seconds later I was listening to music from my phone without a problem.

To me, this seems much better than having to download an app just for the purpose of pairing (and would make manual pairing faster on those devices, in my opinion).

I haven't spent enough time using the headphones to review the actually quality of the sound or other functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, they're my new favourite toy, 13 Feb 2014
Mr. D. M. Eager (UK) - See all my reviews
I have a bit of a headphone addiction. Being an ex club DJ, a good quality pair of cans were an essential tool of the trade, but it's also good to have a pair (or two) of high quality in-ear 'phones for casual listening too. I have headphones and earphones that cost many times what these Bluetooth headphones cost. So it's fair to say I know my stuff when it comes to headphones.
They're not perfect, but offer a great feature set for the price, hence why I have scored them 5 stars. Here's my positives and negatives...
POSITIVES
Surprisingly good sound quality, but they do need to run in for a couple of hours initially to realise it.
Great battery life.
Solid build.
Very, very comfortable.
Surprisingly good for voice calls, even outdoors in the wind and rain.
Easy to set up with mobile devices, and reconnection is speedy too.
Media controls are great.
No cable to snag on your jacket. And you can leave your phone on charge while you walk about the room doing other stuff. Don't underestimate how great this is.
No noticeable encoding and decoding latency, so great for watching video too.

NEGATIVES
They're a bit fussy about which USB chargers they'll work with, even high power ones.
They're not loud, and the external sound isolation isn't great either.
Reconnecting to a windows 8 PC is a pain, I had to remove it as a device and add again, though this is probably more of a windows issue.
Strong RF interference can cause occasional signal drops, when you're out and about.
Controls can be difficult to locate whilst worn.

VERDICT
If you weigh up the quantity of negatives vs positives, then you won't get a balanced view of this item. The negatives are niggles and nit-picks, the positives are really great. I reckon I've used them for over 25 hours in the last 5 days and find they provide a much more overall enjoyable experience than my Sennheiser HD-25 headphones (140), and my Westone UM2 earphones (220) - to be clear, the Sony's aren't as high fidelity as these, but are good enough quality, really comfortable, and going cordless is a revolution.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hurt my ears, 9 May 2014
These hurt my ears if I wear them for more than one hour

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 29 Dec 2013
These were a Christmas gift and very well received. As far as I know they work very well and I have had no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth well of better than Wireless WI-FI, 11 Oct 2013
Less hassle with cables 40 h of usage, working sweet in radius of 3-4 m in longer range might get interrupted but no cracking noise like in the Wireless Wi-Fi headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good, but..., 19 Mar 2014
I am extremely impressed by these headphones:

- They look fantastic
- They are comfortable
- They hold their charge very well (I charge about once a week and use them for about 4hrs/day)
- They are very well priced
- The sound is very good (as good as wired 'phones, yet they are wireless!). I use them for tv an audio through my computer and they have good bass, treble, and are quite loud.

The reason I've not awarded 5 stars is because of the range, however as of yet I've still to confirm the issue is with the actual headphones and not my Bluetooth transmitter. When I figure this out I'll return and change my review accordingly...

I purchased the 'Inateck Compact mini 4.0 Bluetoooth Bluesoil dongle' to use with these, and the problem is that the connection is sometimes lost for a second or 2. If listening to music it's not really a problem but if watching TV or a film, when the sound resumes it's out of sync with the video. The only way to correct this is by stopping playback and starting over again (pause/unpause doesn't work and I've also tried Windows Media player and VLC). Very annoying, especially if you're at the other end of the room!

Also when I first installed the dongle and began using these headphones I could just power on the headphones and they'd connect. After a week or so however I started needing to connect them by clicking on the bluetooth icon on my computer. Sometimes the connection will fail and I need to turn off the bluetooth dongle, turn it back on, then connect the headphones manually. It often takes a couple of attempts, and very occasionally I need to REMOVE the dongle, plug it back in, then connect the headphones. Again, this is extremely annoying.

Overall these are a FANTASTIC bit of kit and I'm just about to purchase a new Bluetooth dongle in hope of addressing this issue. I sure hope the dingle is to blame, and not the headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars -------, 16 Nov 2013
good Service,good headphones,good Quality,I am very happy.thank you thank you thank you.was a gift for my son very happy son,thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 24 Aug 2013
Light-weight and easy to connect to my iPhone5, so not just for Android, as the title implies. They sound great.