5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood DAB
Published 18 months ago by C. C. Mitchell

1.0 out of 5 stars Return
Really poor quality. When connected to the car and using AUX/USB it keeps buzzing. It only works for FM/AM. Also the min volume is still too loud. So if you're talking to someone you need to actually switch it off!

Contacted Amazon and they asked the seller to accept a return, no one has contacted me for almost 2 weeks. Really not happy.
Published 5 days ago by Giannini

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood DAB, 12 Nov. 2013
C. C. Mitchell "Astroman" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood CD/Dual USB AUX Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth, Digital Radio, Direct Control for iPod/iPhone and Variable Colour Illumination (Electronics)
I bought this radio mainly for two things, DAB Radio and iPod connectivity, it does both really well. DAB radio reception is superb, even with the included stick on antenna and switches seamlessly to fm if the DAB signal drops, which it does only very rarely. I am using the rear connection for my old iPod 60gb and it works really well, I have run the USB cable from the rear of the radio to my glove box where I have put the iPod. It's fit and forget as the iPod is charged by the Kenwood. Though of less interest to me and not used much, bluetooth connectivity works well, connecting to phone or iPad with no problem. Highly recommended.

Btw, easily installed, it uses standard iso plugs which fitted straight onto my Land Rovers wiring loom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb all in one package!, 12 July 2013
This headunit has everything you will ever need - DAB Radio, CD/MP3/WMA playback, USB/Aux inputs at the front, and a very handy rear USB port. Listen to ipod/iphone or Android devices, and control them all through your headunit.
Sound quality is exemplary too, I absolutely love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent car radio, 18 April 2014
I've had kenwood products in the past and again l wasn't disappointed.
High quality sound from this dab car radio through the supplied windscreen aerial.
My samsung mobile phone automatically connects to the radio via bluetooth as soon as
Start the car and l also play music from my mobile phone through the radio.
The only problem ,which is slight, is that the display is sometimes hard to read in bright sunlight apart from that l highly recommend this
Unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop messing around on "DAB car radio review web sites" this is the one you should buy!, 7 July 2014
This is a quality product! I had a fantastic JVC DAB bluetooth radio already installed in my car when I bought it. Annoyingly the previous owner bought the radio in silver to go in a black dash. So I changed it for a pure highway 260i from halfords as it looked a good product. The connectivity of the pure with an iPhone 4s was very poor and sometimes never paired also compared to the previous JVC the DAB reception of the pure was terrible ( north west of England) I could only pick up 5 DAB stations using the same ariel as the JVC (which picked up loads). I returned the pure and got a full refund, as halfords never stocked another DAB radio I liked, So I put the extra £40 to and bought this Kenwood. First impressions are it looks very good indeed, the pure looked a bit cheap! The font of the Kenwood is very pleasing on the eye and the colours are nice. Despite the lack of buttons on the face the menus and sub menus are very obvious and easy to navigate. The front display is very easy to customise to your liking. I picked up loads of DAB satations and the unit seamlessly changes from DAB to FM automatically when a DAB signal is available. Sound quality is as good as the JVC too. Worth noting is the unit comes with a windscreen DAB ariel included, which most of the other DAB radios don't! These retail around £20 normally.
Overall for looks, easy of use, performance of the unit in bluetooth and DAB and the sound quality I can't rate this product high enough! Front USB and aux ports plus a rear USB too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good functionality - Good Value, 27 April 2014
Affordable DAB radio with good sound quality. I chose this particular radio as it came with the necessary DAB ariel unlike most being offered on here. Pretty straight forward to fit including the ariel and microphone.
It took me a while to get to grips with the menu functions, like setting the the preset radio stations etc. Easy to to pair / connect Bluetooth phone and the additional USB connections are a bonus.
My only issue, is the display colour settings, if you choose 'Amber', it's fairly dim and hard to see in daylight even with the contrast adjusted.
Otherwise I'm more than happy with the radio, it's what I would have expected from Kenwood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality of sound, 8 Sept. 2013
Excellent quality of sound for a wide range of music and audio.
Problem was getting the unit to work with the steering wheel controls.
Get the right module to work.

The steering wheel controls now all working well too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 14 May 2015
I bought this product for the dual USBS and the blue tooth facility. The rear USB is particularly convenient since it can be rooted to the glove box where I now keep my ipod completely out of sight. This means there is no clutter or unsightly cables in the cockpit area The DAB antenna is also included with this product and It was necessary to install this as well since my cars factory antenna isn't able to receive DAB signals. However, there is also a separate FM socket at the rear of the unit to plug in the cars FM antenna so you can receive both DAB and FM signals depending on your preference which you can select using the menu. It was a little too involved for me to install myself so I employed a friendly mobile car audio electrician who came to my home and installed the unit and DAB antenna in under 90 minutes. The sound quality is excellent and there are several equalizer options in the menu to alter the tone, base, woofer and gain etc. The hands free blue tooth is clear and works well enough and the menu is quite easy to use. Another great feature is that you can change the display colour to more or less match the instrument lighting in your car. This product is outstanding in my opinion, relatively easy to use with great sound and tonal reproduction and comes equipped with several convenient features which can enhance the driving experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great features but can be too complicated, 28 Feb. 2015
cpal (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This is a great head unit. Fantastic features not found on many others. I now have very good sounding DAB which never fails. I also have Bluetooth which automatically connects with my Windows phone as I get in the car. I can make and receive phone call through the speakers, play music from my phone and my favourite, I can use Spotify from my phone which sounds amazing. I can stick a tiny USB stick in the front and it automatically finds hundreds of albums. Great stuff. The down side though is it can be far too complicated for its own good. I've spent a couple of hours working out how to do stuff only to find the wife has altered everything and left it in a mess, so I have to start resetting again. Why can't it be straight forward she says. I only want to listen to the radio and a few CDs. Why is it not like my phone. She has a point! Although I'm not an Apple fan, you can see why they sell so many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought it earlier, 3 Jun. 2014
Can't believe how brilliant this is as feature wise it's got everything I wanted:
- CD Player
- USB port(s)
- DAB
- Bluetooth phone calls and music player

In addition to the features I also purchased this one because it had a DAB aerial included in the pack (my husband still has his 5 year old DAB radio in the garage as he's never got round to getting a DAB aerial fitted in his car). I've not stuck the aerial down with the self adhesive pads that came with it as I'm expecting to change cars soon, so I've just used a bit of masking tape and it works a treat.

I have to admit that I'm no aficionado on the sound quality produced, it sounds great to me though. I'm still at the stage of loving the varying lighting colours that it scrolls through and can't decide which two to stick to.

Couldn't recommend more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The hands free phone quality is very good even in a soft top, 24 Nov. 2014
This is a superb head unit, it has so many features it is mind boggling. FM, AM, DAB, USB and Bluetooth means you can get music from any source. The custom set up and DSP means you can tweak the sound to a level which perfectly suits you. The hands free phone quality is very good even in a soft top!

It does have one slight let down, which is the display, but don't worry! On a bright day the sun can completely mask it to such a level that you can't see it at all. You can however overcome this changing the colour and contrast, but it does require a bit of patience. On the plus side because you can customise the display colours, you can set them to match the illumination of you vehicle, which makes the unit look like it belongs there.

I took a great deal of time looking for a new head unit and settled on this one, I have no regrets whatsoever having got this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›