5.0 out of 5 stars A revolution!
Published 12 months ago by Lola

3.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery
This is nowhere near as good as the old salicylic liquid I have used before. (It seems you can't get it now)
It sort of works but takes very much longer.
Published 3 months ago by MOP

5.0 out of 5 stars A revolution!, 8 Aug 2013
Lola (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scholl Hard Skin & Callus Express Treatment 50 ml (Personal Care)
UPDATE 21/08/13: I saw the review of the other user and wanted to confirm that I did not have to wash my feet with soda to neutralise the solution, no such extremes. I just washed my feet with Dove soap for a few minutes after dealing with the liquid solution (same with hands) and did not experience any discomfort (as long as you don't leave the solution on your hands for a long time).
On the other hand: I left solution on one of my feet for too long the other day - and it really burned the skin - nothing major, the skin on my heel just felt really tender for a day. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL TO NOT LEAVE THE SOLUTION ON THE SKIN FOR TOO LONG. Saying that, you will know how long it takes for your skin to be removed after the first 6 minutes advised (you will be able to assess the results).
Still 5 stars!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I am so happy with this liquid hard skin remover. I always hated my callused feet (and the skin that occasionally cracked, which was very painful!). Tried many files and creams and soaking baths in the past, but I was never able to get my heels back to their original softness. I find that files just deal with a thin layer of dry/hard skin that majority of people have. My calluses were severe. Going for a pedicure helped when they used a special "mask" that would soften the hard skin and it would just then float in the tub, while my heels would feel soft like a baby's bum!

And finally, I managed to find the secret "mask" of a 30 pedicure. It's this liquid hard skin remover! And a bottle is big enough for numerous applications. The instructions on the pack are straightforward, but here's how I did it (and got an envious result within 3 days of using the solution - in the evenings, after shower/bath):

1. Take a cotton wool, pour some solution onto it (so the cotton wool is wet through) and press the cotton wool on your hard heel (or any other area that needs softening).
2. Tightly wrap your foot in cling film (so the cotton wool stays tightly in place).
3. Let the solution work for a specified time (PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SPECIFY YOU SHOULD ONLY WAIT 6 MINUTES, NO MORE, FOR SOLUTION TO WORK. I tried 6 minutes on the first night and about 10 minutes on the second night, and I found the longer I waited the better the results were, but this is my personal experience).
4. Unwrap your foot, remove the cotton wool, scrub the surface with the specially provided spatula. Calloused skin comes off in strips, for real! I also used my pumice stone to get rid of the softened skin, at the same time rinsing my feet in water.
5. Wash your feet thoroughly to remove any solution left.
6. I follow up with Scholl Hard Skin Softening Cream 75ml or similar and put on socks (ideally, for the whole night).

Would totally recommend this product to others. Okay, the procedure takes some time, but it is totally worth it! You'll be walking on air in a couple of days of following the instructions above.

P.S. I tried to experiment and the first time I performed the above procedure, I only applied the solution-soaked cotton wool to my right foot (as the left one was hurting where the hard skin cracked: it says on the package to NOT administer the solution if you have sore cracks). And the next day I could see and feel the result - the treated foot was so much softer and pinker and just felt so nice. From then on I performed the procedure on both feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 July 2014
C. Sharrock (london) - See all my reviews
Product is rubbish. Doesn't do what it's meant to do. Don't bother buying it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 13 Jun 2014
I was really excited to use this product but after trying it out I'm quite disappointed with it. It'd be good for people with very little hard skin or a bit of roughness as it doesn't remove hard skin, just the very top thin later of skin. It makes your feet smooth but doesn't remove the skin as I had hoped. It's expensive compared to other hard skin removal methods and not as effective.

3.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery, 9 May 2014
It sort of works but takes very much longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but a little fiddly, 15 Mar 2014
I chose this product as like many of the reviewers have had lots of issues with hard skin. I do also have a micro pedi which is great, but still takes me up to an hour of use on each foot to get the result I'm looking for.

Bought this as an additional item for foot treatmeant and also found that 6 min is not enough for me, but it does make a difference in that time. You need to leave the cotton wool soaked in the liquid on your foot during the 6 min and need to be close to somewhere to rinse (product recomends the bathroom). Finding a place to balance you foot during the 6 min without the wool falling off and stil being able to rinse your hands is the only part I am finding quite tricky.

In general though the application and removal afterwoods is simple. I would recommend the product to others and plan to keep using it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 11 Aug 2013
Ok so I have very problematic feet. Very! Experimented with loads of things - nothing works for me. This liquid thing... well I found this super scary.. it's as if you put pure acid on your feet. It certainly does the job. The skin comes off nice and easy in a sort of jelly consistency. However! If you do go ahead ant try this - use rubber gloves from the very beginning - its absolutely horrible to your hands: my fingers started peeling off as some of the liquid got on my hands while trying to soak the cotton. Since I did not use gloves mu hands really suffered.. I also found it extremely difficult to wash off. I had to wash both my hands and feet with loads of water, soap, body scrub and then even used some soda just to neutralize the annoying liquid. And even after all this I wasn't 100% i got if off as my feet felt somewhat covered in a slippery jelly layer. Horrible!

Definitely not the best experience. well and to be completely honest - results are not all that great either. It does make a bit of difference, bearing in mind nothing really helped me before.. Yet I'm not using this again. It's just too terrifying.