4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful music for the right night., 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (Audio CD)
What a really wonderful album, full of personal, sentimental and roaming beautiful songs. Each one with a different story to tell.
I did not in all honesty like Coral much, they were OK in my book, but not much more. This shows how good one of their main contributors is, now I cannot fathom out if I was missing something or he was overshadowed in a band environment. Coral fans will know better than me.

This music could almost be called depressing, but there is no way, the music may be slow, methodical and moody, but there is in it certain joys and hope. Yes it talks of life's experiences, which as we all know can be unfair at times, all this artist is doing is reflecting this, something people have done forever.
This collection of songs will add to anyone's listening material. Great for listening alone in thoughtful moods or as a couple after a great evening out.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Album by Bill Ryder-Jones, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (Audio CD)
Every song on this album has a beautiful sensitive, poignant quality that I immediately loved. Brilliant, imaginative songs with a fragile beauty that any sensitive soul would also love!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow tunes from ex Coral sideman, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (Audio CD)
This is Bill Ryder-Jones second cd since leaving the Coral and it is much better that his debut, although that was an instrumental piece. The songs on here are very good and similar to the slower tunes on Coral albums. He obviously didn't leave for musical differences. There is a dreamy quality to Bill's voice that fits the music well, a great record for chilling out to on rainy afternoons

5.0 out of 5 stars Ambient & Introspective – Unique – Beyond expections, 8 Nov. 2014
Dark Horse 85 (Liverpool, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (Audio CD)
Warm chimes of the piano pull out songs an moving them forward and soft and distinctive vocal, its character fits. Bill sings from the heart, love lost and the human condition that take place in those nebulous years before flew the nest.

Bill describes the music as "symphonic" and you hear reverence of that through in channel emotive music. There is almost narrative to album you feel you getting to characters, people and places too. His music paints technical-color pictures in the mind, in dreamlike depictions.

Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - one of my fave albums of 2013, 17 July 2013
I guess most people won't know this guy but he's a multi-instrumentalist who used to be in the Coral. I like the Coral and this is nothing like the Coral. It's hauntingly beautiful from the first song. Spotify then buy then search his back catalogue!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly subtle., 5 Jun. 2013
J. Lee "sharplad" (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (Audio CD)
After listening to If constantly for months I was looking forward to Bill Ryder-Jones' follow up and it doesn't disappoint. It's fantastically mellow but also strangely catchy with shimmering additions to the acoustic style that makes up most of the album. Well worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums, I love it, 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (Audio CD)
One of my favourite albums, I love it. Lay down, turn the lights off and just drift away to some absolutre quality, relaxing tunes, beautifully worded and sung from the heart. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice album., 23 April 2013
Warwick Holt (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (Audio CD)
I have never heard of Bill or the Coral but was looking for some new music. On the back of a short FT review I bought this album. This is a really really nice collection of beautifully crafted songs. Very accessible, not too flash and not to sparse as bedroom albums can be. This is perfect for people of a certain age who dont have ipods and wish Wilco Johnson well. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
Hassle free purchase, how it should be. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sept. 2014
Grower. Brio.iant

A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart
A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart by Bill Ryder-Jones (Audio CD - 2013)