5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle!
Published 9 months ago by Jose

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but...
Didn't get the stated multi-standard PSU. The PSU I did get is only 1A rated as well. I'm not bothered about multi-standard as I don't plan taking my Pi abroad, but I did want a 2A PSU as I planned some home-made add-ons that need extra power.
Also disappointed that I didn't get the stated and pictured raspberry (i.e. pink) network cable. The cable I got was a...
Published 2 months ago by blunderer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle!, 20 July 2013
Jose (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raspberry Pi model B 512MB Starter bundle from New IT (BerryBlack Case) (Personal Computers)
Since the title does not say I was in doubt if this is a Rev 2 Pi. So I emailed the seller and got my answer a few minutes later and indeed this is a Rev 2 Raspberry Pi. The bundle is quite good value for money if you already have a keyboard and an HDMI monitor or TV. The box looks great (I chose the Ice one which is translucent) and the power supply comes with four different connectors (UK, US, EU Cont. and some other) All items are of good quality and the SD card comes with NOOBS which gives you the choice of several operating systems. Everything just worked and I got my Pi going in not time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, fast, simple - the business!, 5 Oct 2013
After many years of running a power hungry PC as a media centre (and with much success), I was finally given a TiVo to go with my cable broadband package for free. So I decided to try out the Pi as a low power replacement.

I ordered the kit and it arrived the next day. After a hiccup with the delivery, the day after it was all sorted out. I started installing the device at 1pm this afternoon and, 11 hours later, it's a fully working media centre. And ten of those 11 hours was the device scanning two and a bit terabytes of movies, music and TV series. It plays everything I throw at it. And it even works nice with the old MCE remote and the Logitech Dinovo Mini keyboard!

By contrast, it took four days to get the Windows box working, with all the TV nonsense and standby faff and getting it to play MKV files. And that was no faster, either!

If you want a cheap, fast and easy way to turn your TV into something smarter, you really can't go wrong with this. Seriously. Fifty notes. Absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry PI with RaspBMC - working under an hour, 18 April 2014
Mr MacLeod (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
Hi
The kit received, is exactly as pictured, a number of mains power plugs that adapt to a usb cable, for the other end to plug into the pi. I chose the black case [ you get one, not all ], and very happy with it. There are some plastic blanking plates, suggest remove this before assemble the pi in case, if you plan to use those sockets.
the card comes with a load of choices for which OS you wish to use. I had intended to use RaspBMC, and so went for that.
It takes a while to install itself. Once connected to network, if there is access to the internet; it immediately goes about doing an update to software.
Seriously, from starting with unpack the pi bundle to watching videos from home windows network now; has been less than an hour.
Very happy with this bundle and will be looking to get another.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, 17 April 2014
after making all the relevant connections nothing came up on the tv screen. I'll try again. why why why why

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter, 10 April 2014
Its a very nice equipment for any beginner. Its very easy to put together and install. Im just putting a 4star since i had an issue with the preinstalled noob OS which got fixed by reformatting and reinstalling it to the SD card. Other than that no problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi., 2 April 2014
This is a fantastic piece of kit. The full system and additional add ons means a computer for less than 50.00.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi model B 512MB Starter bundle from New IT (BerryBlack Case), 1 April 2014
I. Lever "Ivor" (Coin Spain) - See all my reviews
These little devils are just fantastic. I have mine running as a media centre with the XBMC software. So easy to get started.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is so much fun, 18 Mar 2014
i love it you can make it do alot of things and i am working on a scada mashine
i want one more for camera mode

5.0 out of 5 stars Good media centre., 4 Mar 2014
Bought as media centre (Linux/ OpenElec) and works perfectly. Setup and initialisation were very straightforward and performance on audio and video from network is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter bundle, 18 Feb 2014
Hans Engren (SOLLENTUNA, Sweden) - See all my reviews
Great bundle, contains everything you need to get started with the Raspberry Pi. Highly recommended for anyone that has an interest in starting to develop!

ARRAY(0xaef50d68)