on 20 July 2013
Since the title does not say I was in doubt if this is a Rev 2 Pi. So I emailed the seller and got my answer a few minutes later and indeed this is a Rev 2 Raspberry Pi. The bundle is quite good value for money if you already have a keyboard and an HDMI monitor or TV. The box looks great (I chose the Ice one which is translucent) and the power supply comes with four different connectors (UK, US, EU Cont. and some other) All items are of good quality and the SD card comes with NOOBS which gives you the choice of several operating systems. Everything just worked and I got my Pi going in not time.
on 5 October 2013
After many years of running a power hungry PC as a media centre (and with much success), I was finally given a TiVo to go with my cable broadband package for free. So I decided to try out the Pi as a low power replacement.

I ordered the kit and it arrived the next day. After a hiccup with the delivery, the day after it was all sorted out. I started installing the device at 1pm this afternoon and, 11 hours later, it's a fully working media centre. And ten of those 11 hours was the device scanning two and a bit terabytes of movies, music and TV series. It plays everything I throw at it. And it even works nice with the old MCE remote and the Logitech Dinovo Mini keyboard!

By contrast, it took four days to get the Windows box working, with all the TV nonsense and standby faff and getting it to play MKV files. And that was no faster, either!

If you want a cheap, fast and easy way to turn your TV into something smarter, you really can't go wrong with this. Seriously. Fifty notes. Absolute bargain.
on 16 December 2013
I bought this for a friend of mine who fell in love with my own Raspberry when he saw it.

Although this isn't the cheapest you'll probably find it is definiately the one that I would overall recommend.
It includes everything you need to set it up and even includes the HDMI and Ethernet Cables. The PSU has a 2A output and has international plugs that allow you to basically take it wherever you want.

I only don't give it 5 stars because it comes with a 4Gb SD card and I would definately recommend atleast an 8Gb.
on 18 February 2014
Great bundle, contains everything you need to get started with the Raspberry Pi. Highly recommended for anyone that has an interest in starting to develop!
on 4 February 2014
Had fun setting this up. I am mainly using this as an Xbmc media centre using Raspbmc and considering its processing power find it quite responsive.Being an IT retiree I am also using it to refresh my Unix skills and have several other projects lined up. The kit contained everything required to get set-up, a pity the USB ports are not powerful to power an external drive. For the price very good.
on 3 February 2014
Having thought and read much about the 'Pi', this struck me as a sensibly priced 'package' which took the pain out of trying to match appropriate components to make a tidy box. All in all I was very pleased with the price and the parts. The Pi is now running XBMC in its OpenELEC manifestation, nicely mounted on the wall using the screw keyhole slots on the rear of the case. Very pleased.
on 21 May 2014
Very happy so far with item. Very easy to setup. Using as xbmc player. Does the job very well. Thanks
on 11 December 2013
This kit has everything needed to get started. I was up and running in a few minutes. You will however need a raspberry pi manual. If you are a computer geek it may well be cheaper to just buy the bits you need but you will not make much of a saving and I can always use extra cables. The raspbery pi is running my weather station software and my website now.
on 5 September 2013
I have several Rasp-PI's and all work fine.
I ordered this for my sons birthday. The case is very good as all the ports are accessible. You have all the cables
you need. HDMI, Ethernet and power supply. Also the power unit can be changed to English, Europe, USA etc.
The SD card does not come loaded with software so you must download a distro from the PI site.
Because of the problem we had below I think a loaded SD card should be supplied
but this is not enough to take away a star.
The PI itself has much better interface clips on the camera port which is a plus over the older version.

On the day we connected it up and it would not boot.
The red light was on and the Act light flashed 8 times then off for one second, then
repeated the process. {This indicates the SD card cannot be read.} I check I had the latest
updates for NOOBs and the other software distros I had but non worked but were all up to date.
So, I contacted New IT. They suggested I download the latest NOOBs from the PI site which I did.
{This PI had the latest hardware which only works with the very latest software.}
Tried it and it worked. I tried the other distros and they worked also.
So I was very pleased.
Great service
on 4 March 2014
Bought as media centre (Linux/ OpenElec) and works perfectly. Setup and initialisation were very straightforward and performance on audio and video from network is excellent.

See one answered question