on 5 March 2014
This is my second Lenovo laptop. The first one stopped working the day after the warranty expired. I thought that was ironic and unusual, but within the realm of probability. Their product line offered many of the options I wanted, so I purchased a second Lenovo computer. It stopped working within a few months. I contacted customer support. They agreed that the problem would be covered by warranty. We mutually agreed to reset the computer, but the One Key recovery did not work. Customer support then did not send the recovery disks. Several repeat phone calls have not led to the disks showing up at my doorstep. Speaking with their technical support and supervisors have not been the least bit effective, despite their promises to send the disks. Unfortunately, I will be doing volunteer work in Malawi for the next year and they refuse to send a fixed computer to me and they state that going to a local service provider won't be covered. So it appears that instead of a functioning computer, I have a large, heavy, poorly aerodynamic frisbee. Perhaps it could be used as a chunky, white serving platter or oddly shaped paper weight. It is most unfortunate that I have spent a fair amount of money on this product and it doesn't work and they are not able to support it in a reasonable fashion. Their overall approach to customer service seems suboptimal: no follow through, long wait times, poor connections, difficult to understand techs, one supervisor who engaged in other conversations while on the phone with me, etc. Despite the limited sample size (because I only have so much money or time), my experiences would lead me to conclude that I should never purchase another Lenovo product. I am sure there are many happy Lenovo owners out there, but I am not one of them. It it is always quite disappointing when a company doesn't stand behind its product.
on 12 November 2013
Great laptop but windows 8 is a pain I am getting more used to it now but I read on line it was designed for a touch screen which this laptop is not (I knew that so no complaint) but I took my eye of the ball and did not realise it was Windows 8, when you move the mouse too quick near the right side the menu pops out but I have also been looking at or reading a screen and moved the mouse for some reason and the page disapears, I am now familiar with Win 8 to easily get it back but my recommendation would be as it stands boycott windows 8, if you can get this laptop without it great excellent buy.
on 13 December 2013
If you buy this computer, you are stuck with the dreadful Windows 8 operating system. There are no drivers for Windows 7.
on 29 November 2013
Great spec laptop at a great price.
Not too keen on Windows 8. I much prefer Windows 7 unless you need a touch screen interface.
Keyboard has a nice feel and screen display is good.
I would recommend this laptop to users who need an i7 processor.
on 11 October 2013
Bought this for the fantastic price for the spec, it seems to be able to hack the programmes I throw at it, solidworks; photoshop and illustrator through indesign. It's a happy bunny. What I needed.
on 4 November 2013
great purchase excellant laptop but windows 8 needs a lot of time to get used to.cannot fault this lenovo product would reccmmend to anyone
on 9 January 2015