5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this little novella
I loved this little novella it makes me want to go back and read the other 2 books now.. Hmmm so I might just do that!! Thank You Katie Ashley i love your work!! :)
Published 20 months ago by naomiosully

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet
As the party was classed as a prequel I read this first, really I should have researched beforehand as the opening chapter does contain some spoilers. But nothing major as a HEA is almost always guaranteed anyway.

Published 4 months ago by Ava & Brianna @ Biblio Belles

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)

The Party is best enjoyed after the two main books, as it is an extra snippet from the beginning of Aidan and Emma’s journey. As this was my first meeting of the characters it was still a pleasant read. Aidan was introduced as the typical player and I loved Emma’s spitfire attitude from the get go.

This was very short and sweet but it gave a little insight into Aidan and Emma’s past and of course the showdown at the party. I believe had I read it after the two main books it would have meant more to me. ~Ava

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)
Yet again why give a taster for free then split the book into 2' it puts readers/buyers off. If your reading this review please be aware this is just an introduction and not as full story. You have to buy it in two halves........... rip off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this little novella, 15 Feb 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was going to be an extended scene about the characters from the proposal meeting for the first time, however that was only a small part of it. I skimmed most of this as I really wasn't that interested. Okay for a freebie but it didn't deliver what I was hoping for.

4.0 out of 5 stars THOUGHT WAS FULL NOVEL, 25 May 2014
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)
I ENJOYED THIS BOOK I DIDN'T READ THE DESCRIPTION PROPERLY BEFORE BUYING BUT ENJOYED THE STORYLINE. GAVE YOU AN INSITE TO THE SERIES WILL DEFINITELY BE BUYING THE FULL BOOKS :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 9 April 2014
Mme Vicky Finlay (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)
I actually enjoyed this book, it just goes to show you may not be looking for love but it can happen

4.0 out of 5 stars The Party, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)
The first book of Katie Ashley I have read. A free download, after reading The Proposition I purchased the books in the series. A recommended read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)
I want to read the next one now! something tells me that I am not going to get much housework done!

4.0 out of 5 stars A taster, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Party (The Proposition) (Kindle Edition)
An intriguing taster, looks like Aidan is going to be fun. Looking forward to the next instalment, moving straight on

4.0 out of 5 stars The Party, 16 Dec 2013
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
3.5 stars

Although The Party is technically a prequel to The Proposition I took the advice of other reviewers and read it after the rest of the series which I think was probably for the best. Although I do think you could read this first if you want to get an idea of Katie Ashley's writing style I think I enjoyed it more because I'm already invested in the characters. If this is your first encounter with the couple you probably won't end up with the best impression of Aidan but trust me he will really grow on you in The Proposition, he is much sweeter than you'd think after reading this!

The first chapter is like an epilogue for The Proposal and it was really nice to catch up with Emma and Aidan, this is the kind of romance I wanted more of in the second book! Of course being an epilogue that does mean it gives you minor spoilers for the series but I don't think anyone picks up a romance story not expecting the couple to be together by the end so I wouldn't consider it a major problem.

After the first chapter you take a step back in time to two years previously and get to see Emma and Aidan's first meeting. If you've read the series already you'll know that they didn't exactly hit it off immediately but it was amusing to see their first encounter and I had to laugh at the things Emma said to Aidan!

At 44 pages this is a very quick read but it does give a nice little extra background into the characters and was enjoyable to read. I always appreciate it when authors go out of their way to give their fans little extras so this free read is one I'd happily recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Party (The Proposition)