5.0 out of 5 stars Listen and enjoy ( and remember Animal Magic!)
I'd always enjoyed being read and later reading myself the Just So Stories. With children of my own I started them on these stories and having a cd of them means we can enjoy them on the move. The joy of hearing Jonnie Morris' super animal voice characterisations just adds to the enjoyment - takes me back to watching Animal Magic - deep joy!
Four year old daughter...
Published on 15 April 2008 by Helen Whall

3.0 out of 5 stars tiny tiny book
Obviously, "The Just So Stories" is one of the greatest children's books ever written: however it's worth noting the dimensions of this version. I'm sure they're clearly stated, but I managed to miss them and buy a book that's impractically small and thin-paged. If you want a slightly posh copy you can keep in your pocket then this is for you - otherwise look elsewhere.
Published on 6 Jan 2011 by marrog

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, 6 Aug 2005
txnaomi (Spring, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my nearly 6 year old son. He has really enjoyed listening to the stories. He can listen to several or just a couple of stories depending on his mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 Feb 2011
My 4 year old absolutely loves this CD. The Just So Stories are a little complex for a four year old but Johnny Morris's rendition is so fantastic that she's drawn in despite not understanding all of the words. I never really realised, until I heard his voice again, how wonderful Johnny Morris was as an actor. As for the stories, I love the fact that she's listening to something I loved as a child and is loving it too. Yes the language is complex but it's also delightful. A must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish there were more stories!, 2 Mar 2009
Katia Saint-peron "saintkats" (Vals les Bains, France) - See all my reviews
This one's an absolute winner! Johnny Morris does a superb reading of the stories... one could almost believe it was Kipling himself reading with delightfully playful wit! Minor point: JM gives the camel a "brhhaa" rather than a "humpf", which takes away from the original wordplay (and so point of the story), but the spirit of the reading is so good and true that we easily forgive him. The only really bad surprise I had was discovering that the CD contained only 6 stories! My fault really: I hadn't read the product description properly... no wonder it was so cheap! But what it doesn't have in quantity it makes up for in quality, I can assure you. Happy listenings, "dearly beloved"!

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely collectors book, 28 April 2010
Philippa Kimball-Smith "Pippa" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
Great edition, beautifully bound. Not so good for little ones as small, but great for adults and older kids.
Cheap, quick delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just So Stories - Gramercy edition, 2 Mar 2004
Noel Privett (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is the best one to get - it's a facsimile of the first edition, in hardback, and with all the original Kipling illustrations. Accept no substitutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stories from my childhood, 29 Aug 2012
My dad used to read me the just so stories when I was a child, so when my daughter was born, I knew I wanted them on my kindle available to read to her. It even includes some of the illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Classic that contains Kiplings own Drawings, 3 Dec 2010
Quizicat (Sunny SE of Ireland- ex Geordie) - See all my reviews
Length:: 9:55 Mins

When I was invited by World TV to create an animated series based on 10 of Kipling's Just So Stories. This was the book that I read for my research -as it is the ORIGINAL Kipling script and even better, it contains his own drawings of which he says "his publisher would not allow him to show in colour".
I always felt I was hugely honoured in colouring them for him. The phrasing is rather too complex and staid for today's children so I did re-edit the original text but tried at all times to stay TRUE to Kipling's vision and rhythm. This is where his drawings helped so much. I attach one of the 10X 10min. movies " The Beginning of the Armadillos" . Mainly because it is "Just So "splendidly crazy - and yet is based on the facts that Kipling gathered as he toured the world.
Also, it contains a baby Jaguar and I love drawing cats. I hold all the copyright to images and sound track. Sheila Graber - Animator and Kipling Fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars The One and Only, 21 Sep 2010
This review is from: More Just so Stories (Audio CD)
The warm tones of Johnny Morris entranced generations of children in the 1960s and continue to work today. This and his other Bedtime Stories CD have been regulars on our 6 year old daughter's bedtime CD player because 'she likes the man's voice' What more can you say - understated, beautifully phrased storytelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 25 Feb 2010
This review is from: Just So Stories : (Hardcover)
Dispatched and received promptly,beautifully packaged and exactly as described.
Beautiful book filled with classic memorable stories, every child should have a copy

4.0 out of 5 stars randson's 7th birthday, 1 Oct 2009
P. Wilby "vixen" (Sutton on Sea, Lincs,UK) - See all my reviews
I love these stories remembered from my own childhood. The book was good - but what a dull cover! More importantly my grandson liked the stories. The cat who walked by himself was longer than I remembered but he thought it was a good length for a bedtime reading from grandma!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›