5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
So funny
Published 11 months ago by Saz

Published 8 months ago by Celia Conrad Author

3.0 out of 5 stars I was a little disappointed though because I couldn’t help feeling that the book ..., 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: A-Z of Understanding Italians (An Irreverent Guide) (Kindle Edition)
The cover of this book caught my eye when I was searching for something else and as someone with an interest in all things Italian, and who has visited Italy on numerous occasions, I thought this would be an enjoyable read – it’s certainly quite amusing. The book is meant to be an irreverent and lighthearted guide so if you’re looking for something more serious and in-depth then this is not the book for you.

Having spent considerable time in Italy I could equate with many of the author’s comments. I was a little disappointed though because I couldn’t help feeling that the book should have had a lot more content. This is a shame particularly since it is clear that the author spent many years in Italy and has an in-depth knowledge of being there and mixing with Italians on a day-to-day basis. I just don’t feel that he has done himself justice. I was left thinking that this was a great idea and could have been a great book if the content was better developed.

The book is only 45 pages long and took me about 30 minutes to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
So funny

5.0 out of 5 stars Im half Italian and I laughed so much I was ..., 23 Nov. 2014
Im half Italian and I laughed so much I was crying. Its totally 100% true and accurate. For anyone thinking of holdaying in Italy, this book is a must. I read it in one hilarious session.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very short but very funny, 16 Feb. 2014
... unlike most Italians. This book really does give a tiny glimpse into the conundrum that is understanding the Italian mentality. Of course, being written by an Englishman means it is droll and occasionally self-effacing, but it shows the extreme affection with which the writer holds all things Italian close to his heart. Anybody who has experienced Italians in their natural setting will understand and appreciate this humorous hour's reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be the best 77p I ever spend, 17 Feb. 2013
Nice biting mordant humour. I hate authors who have this insight.....
As a regular Italian holidaymaker so much of it resonates with my experience
And it's really witty. So it's informative as well as good fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, fun, irreverent..., 16 Feb. 2013
A fun look at life in Italy. I wish I had a copy with me when I was there...the mystery of what exactly the shop opening hours were would have been explained. Sort of. If you've already been to Italy you'll recognise many of the situations...if you've yet to venture there...well,this will give you a little taste (the ragu recipe is rather good too....even better with fresh basil!).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good😞, 20 Mar. 2015
I would say that mostly is about different nation than italian. Regret I bought it. Just a few funny moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct. 2014
Excellent book to enjoy a chuckle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 1 Jan. 2015
Professor A. G. Maran "Fellowdoc" (edinburgh scotland) - See all my reviews
Funny here and there but patchy

5.0 out of 5 stars Things you've always wanted to know..., 11 Mar. 2013
Irreverent it is, but then so is the author I imagine! There's a warning on the cover like on a cigarette pack which should be heeded but I laughed from letter A right through to Z. Covering every aspect of Italian life that only someone who has lived there would know about, this is a hilarious book that will be appreciated by those who've been to Italy and for those who are going to visit, it gives insights into areas that the usual guidebooks don't tell you about.