5.0 out of 5 stars Rock steady, looks fantastic
It looks a million dollars, and it quickly and simply holds a phone absolutely rock steady. Suction cup is phenominal.

Published 20 months ago by A. Rutherford

3.0 out of 5 stars Too sticky!
This product does what it claims to be able to do, however, therein lie the problems: it sticks like super glue! I have to play tug of war to take it off the surface (whatever surface that may be - usually the car windscreen). I'm definitely doing it correctly and on top of this, I don't even secure it, i.e. it sticks like super glue and doesn't come off even without...
Published 1 month ago by Muntashir

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock steady, looks fantastic, 20 May 2013
A. Rutherford (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OsoMount 360 Grip Mount - Black - Universal in Car Holder for iPhone 6/ 6 Plus / 5s /5c /4/4s Samsung Galaxy S5 /S4 /S3 / Note 4/3 & Other Smartphones (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I bought this to use in the car for video footage when I went on track. I slapped it on the dashboard, and it held my large phone (Samsung S3) in a very large heavy case (Otterbox Commuter), absolutely rock steady. Despite being on track, the image needed no stabilization - it didn't move, didn't wobble, didn't vibrate and didn't slip, all day. It's been in the car since, and hasn't moved, unless I've clicked the release trigger to move it.

It's quite large though, this could be a concern for some. I'll upload a pic when I get a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Car-mount you'll ever have to buy for a phone., 31 Jan. 2014
James "goldcd" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
As I've changed my phones, I've always changed my car-mount. Occasionally I've gone with a 'universal' option, but then was so dissatisfied had to bin it and buy a dedicated one. I'd reached the point where I'd simply accepted that whenever I changed my phone, there'd me a mount surcharge.
I came across this just as I was about to bite the bullet on the offical HTC One mount, and saw mention of this in the reviews - and am so so glad I bought it.
First thing to note is that it's not cheap. Second thing is that it's the best value mount you'll ever buy.
Somebody has sat down, looked at every niggling issue we've faced and engineered the issues to oblivion.
First off, it looks good. Maybe not the smallest mount, but has nice continuous geometric shape in a subtle black - with some bright red jaws to indicate where the phone goes. Moreover it has a quality feel throughout - just look at it in it's box, and the price isn't an issue. I'm just mounting this on my car and leaving it (and incidentally allows with me or my wife with different phones, to just push them it at will).
Working through the "components of a car mount"
The sucker is a great big slab of that sticky rubber that used to be used for those toys that would 'roll down a window'. Just push it against the window and it sticks, pull the suction lever and it's impossible to remove. As with the toys, if you get lint on it, you can just wash it off with a bit of soapy water.
Ball joint is perfect - tension it and it simply doesn't move as you drive - but you can still manually twist it (i.e. if you want to put the phone in landscape or portrait once it's mounted).
"The Phone Gripper" definitely the most impressive bit of the design. As the advert states you can just shove your phone into the jaws and remove it one-handed - yet once in there it doesn't shift a bit. In the name of science I popped my phone in and gave it a really good shake and it didn't budge. It's really quite satisfying to just push your phone into the jaws as you get in, and pluck it out when you leave - no levers, no clips, no swearing etc.
My Osmomount also came with a 3M adhesive flexible 'sticker' (idea being that if you want to mount this to your dashboard, rather than the windscreen, it give you a more stable mount). I appreciate their thoroughness, but seems a bit unnecessary. Due to the sucker being so thick, soft and sticky anyway, I found I could mount it directly on the curved and textured parts of my dash without any issue at all without having to use it. Still, if your car has a more curvaceous interior than mine, you might find this helps.
My summary, if I can come up with one, is simply that this will be the last car-mount you'll ever have to buy. There are very few products you can recommend unequivocally, but glad to say this is one of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job., 31 Dec. 2013
good strong mount, grips i phone securely but be carefull when removing phone as the grip of the mount can scratch the metal sides of the phone. i am going to get a phone cover,and the mount will still hold the phone with the cover left on. i have used various mounts over the years in my truck, most have fell apart or didnt do the job properly, but this one looks like money well worth spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars all crap! Either they snap or lose suction or whatever, 19 Dec. 2014
I've tried a handful of car mounts over the years. Usual story.... all crap! Either they snap or lose suction or whatever. Always a problem. Having read some reviews and watched a few Youtube clips describing this product, I was sold.
Rock solid is the best way of describing this mount. Once it's on the windscreen, your phone 'aint budging in that cradle.

Looks snazzy too. I'd highly recommend this. Not seen any similar product to rival it seriously in terms of looks and functionality. Buy it.... I doubt you'll regret it. In fact, I bought 2. Passengers like having somewhere secure to put their smartphones too you know!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure, 25 Jan. 2015
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
If you are fed up with car mounts for mobile phones that will not stay in place and fall off, then this is a good product for you. I have not experienced any issues with it coming out of place at all. It grips extremely well.

This mount is compatible with many phones - with a recommendation of up to 3.5" wide. You just pull the arms apart and slot the phone in. It is possible to fit the mount to either the windscreen or to the dashboard - or pretty much any flat surface.

It is easy to stick the mount onto the windscreen, and once it is there it doesn't fall off.

When the phone is inserted inside the mount, it doesn't wobble at all which is great in my books. Most mounts I have used in the past have had the phone vibrating and wobbling slightly as the car moves. There is none of that with this product. The angle of the phone can be easily changed and it can be tightened to stay in the required position.

Overall, this is a well made and useful product that does the job as well as anyone could hope for. It also looks very smart.

I was sent this item to test and to provide an honest review.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant For your iphone or anyother phone for your car, 4 Sept. 2013
K. Reece-Buck (UK) - See all my reviews
Just purchased this Osomount 360 Grip and its fantastic for my car. It sticks so well to the dashboard and is really neat and tidy and great for my iphone without slipping off like other ones I have had. Fantastic Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, 27 Jan. 2015
Marand (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I was offered one of these as a free review sample by the manufacturer and, having heard good things about these in the past, I was keen to try one. The sample sent to me is a beautiful glossy piano black finish, slightly larger than my existing cheap mount and a step up in quality in terms of the design and materials. There is an excellent suction pad which once you have attached it to the windscreen is rock solid. The ball joint is a little stiff but I guess it will loosen slightly with use – I would far rather this than have the grip loosening to the point where the grip moves of its own accord.

The phone is held between two movable spring-loaded jaws which have soft rubber grips. The jaws have about an inch of movement so they will accommodate a range of different phone sizes (per the box it will cope with phones from 2-3.7 inches wide). I have a 5" smartphone which easily fits even with a case on (approx 3" wide with the case). Once clamped in place the phone is very secure – it is early days yet but I have no concerns that the phone is going to come loose or fall. You can easily rotate the phone from portrait to landscape so very handy if you use your phone as a sat nav.

It is relatively expensive but it is better quality than the cheap versions commonly found. However, the fact that you can use this with different phones, and even with some satnavs, and that it is of high quality means you won't have to change the holder each time you change your phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed and made, 26 Jan. 2015
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This Osomount 360 Grip Mount is a high quality holder for your smartphone or other device that can be dashboard or windscreen mounted. In the box you get the mount and a 3M branded adhesive pad which you can stick almost anywhere and then clamp the holder to it via its suction base. The immediate "out of the box" impression is that this this is a beautifully manufactured holder that will look at home in almost any car including top marques like Audi, Mercedes or others.

The whole unit is made from high quality gloss plastic and is available in black or white. The inside of clamp is finished in a red rubber material to protect your precious device. The firmly spring loaded clamp can be used in a horizontally or vertically, so it could be used for a smartphone in a vertical position or satnav in horizontal orientation for example. The screen angle is adjustable by tilting the clamp on a ratchet and it can be locked into position by tightening a knurled knob.

The unit mounts by pressing it into place and pushing a locking lever. Once locked the unit clings like a limpet to the windscreen, adhesive pad or other surface. Removal of the holder is achieved by unlocking the lever and using the rubber tab on the suction pad to break the seal.

In use this holder is excellent - I tried it with my phone and satnav and both devices were held firmly and with minimal vibration. This is one of the few phone/device holders I've used that actually works and at the same time looks elegant, in fact, as though it is an original part of the car. Recommended.

(This phone holder was supplied for my review).

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky well made car mount with lots of "sticking power", 26 Jan. 2015
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
Note: The maker provided me with a review sample for evaluation, the opinion of the product is my own personal view

This car holder for phones has a nice glossy black finish, the main jaws feature a red ribbed rubber section around all sides. I measured the size of the jaws opened to the maximum it's about 93mm, closed up full 55mm (this is at the back of the jaws they are tapered and slightly shorter at the tips)

Attaching to a car you have 2 options to "windscreen mount" the holder simply remove the backing on the pad, this has a sticky adhesive too not just a rubber pad like some car holders or Sat Nav mounts. Once you have the position you want "lock it in" by pushing forward the lock at the base. Removal is the reverse though you will need to use the tab (which extends out from the round rubber base) to pull it off. Sticking power wise this is firm, I've had Sat Nav's come off before the idea here is that the sticky pad will help grip the glass in addition to the sucker.

You also get a 3M backed plastic round circle this is designed to stick to the dashboard you can then place the mount in the same way you would for the windscreen. Personally I usually just use the windscreen but a choice isn't a bad thing.

On the mount itself you have two places to adjust it a thumbscrew (which looks like a Go Pro version) this locks in the main stem, once you loosen it off there are firm "clicks" it does not hang down freely which is a good thing. The other is a "nut" which locks the rotation of the main jaws and it also allows some good movement on the horizontal and vertical axis. You won't have any problems finding a good angle using both adjustments.

Quality is very good I can't really find any weaker points on this design or build wise the only thing to make sure if that if you're using a non smartphone or slim phone that it fits into the jaws when they are closed up. A very good car mount and a solid offering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built And Very Effective 360 Flex Car Mount, 24 Jan. 2015
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Length:: 3:00 Mins

(Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by the manufacturer / distributor for an honest and unbiased review).

Devices tested on product: iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4.

This product is a 360 flex car mount accessory that enables you to maximise the way you use your small sized device such as an iPhone 6, Smartphone or GPS whilst driving in the car.

The product is made of good quality material thats fit for purpose. It's constructed mainly of a black, hard, smooth and shiny plastic. It's approximately the same length and width as a hand and is relatively lightweight given its size. There are no instructions present as the product comes as one fully assembled unit with no requirement for assembly as you often find with this type of product.

In terms of design it has a relatively modern design in appearance and a simple but very effective design in terms of physical structure. Your device slots into the expandable arm area by simply prising both sides apart and secures in firmly when you let go of the arms. There is a protective layer of a relatively soft red material along the arms and these ensure that your device does not get damaged by the arms whilst its being held tightly in place. These arms accommodate for any device with a width of 2" to 3.7".

Once fully secured you can then change the position of your device to an unlimited amount of angles by turning the arms clockwise and anti-clockwise and move the lower down neck up or down. The tightness of the arms and neck can be adjusted by their neighbouring adjuster wheels and if you decide to position your device in a specific fixed position you can fully tighten the wheels to lock the unit in place. The product attaches to your windscreen or dashboard using the extra large suction cup and / or associated sticky pad and the neighbouring lever secures it firmly in place when fully pressed down.

In use I found that it attached very well indeed inside my car whilst my iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4 fitted into it and remained secure very well. I was able to operate my devices as normal and the amount of different angles that I could cover was impressive. They remained firmly attached whilst I was driving and I did not have any problems with the product throughout the reviewing period. The product is small enough to keep in the car glove box or a small drawer in the house.

Verdict: Well Built And Very Effective 360 Flex Car Mount.