on 15 August 2015
Initially a great product. A very firm grip on the phone, from a rigid holder with a great suction mount. So good, in fact, that I'm not sure if I can get it off the dash again!
However, 7 months in and the spring that holds one side of the jaws firmly against the side of the phone has failed, with no hope of a repair. I have tried, but there seems to be no way of asking for a replacement. If it had lasted 12 months, then I'd have been happy. At this price, 7 month's use before it's bin fodder is not acceptable.

Update: 16/8/15, just replied to a message from the manufacturer/importer, saying that these are covered under a 2 year warranty. I've asked for a replacement. I'll keep you posted as to what result I get.

Update 18/8/15, immediate response from manufacturer and replacement part sent straight away and fitted this afternoon. Confidence and 5 star rating restored!

Update 9/12/15, this product gets used regularly and (unfortunately) the new clamp failed. One call to Osomount and a replacement was with me within 48 hours! These people really stand by their product and I'd happily recommend them.
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2014
As I've changed my phones, I've always changed my car-mount. Occasionally I've gone with a 'universal' option, but then was so dissatisfied had to bin it and buy a dedicated one. I'd reached the point where I'd simply accepted that whenever I changed my phone, there'd me a mount surcharge.
I came across this just as I was about to bite the bullet on the offical HTC One mount, and saw mention of this in the reviews - and am so so glad I bought it.
First thing to note is that it's not cheap. Second thing is that it's the best value mount you'll ever buy.
Somebody has sat down, looked at every niggling issue we've faced and engineered the issues to oblivion.
First off, it looks good. Maybe not the smallest mount, but has nice continuous geometric shape in a subtle black - with some bright red jaws to indicate where the phone goes. Moreover it has a quality feel throughout - just look at it in it's box, and the price isn't an issue. I'm just mounting this on my car and leaving it (and incidentally allows with me or my wife with different phones, to just push them it at will).
Working through the "components of a car mount"
The sucker is a great big slab of that sticky rubber that used to be used for those toys that would 'roll down a window'. Just push it against the window and it sticks, pull the suction lever and it's impossible to remove. As with the toys, if you get lint on it, you can just wash it off with a bit of soapy water.
Ball joint is perfect - tension it and it simply doesn't move as you drive - but you can still manually twist it (i.e. if you want to put the phone in landscape or portrait once it's mounted).
"The Phone Gripper" definitely the most impressive bit of the design. As the advert states you can just shove your phone into the jaws and remove it one-handed - yet once in there it doesn't shift a bit. In the name of science I popped my phone in and gave it a really good shake and it didn't budge. It's really quite satisfying to just push your phone into the jaws as you get in, and pluck it out when you leave - no levers, no clips, no swearing etc.
My Osmomount also came with a 3M adhesive flexible 'sticker' (idea being that if you want to mount this to your dashboard, rather than the windscreen, it give you a more stable mount). I appreciate their thoroughness, but seems a bit unnecessary. Due to the sucker being so thick, soft and sticky anyway, I found I could mount it directly on the curved and textured parts of my dash without any issue at all without having to use it. Still, if your car has a more curvaceous interior than mine, you might find this helps.
My summary, if I can come up with one, is simply that this will be the last car-mount you'll ever have to buy. There are very few products you can recommend unequivocally, but glad to say this is one of them.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2013
It looks a million dollars, and it quickly and simply holds a phone absolutely rock steady. Suction cup is phenominal.

I bought this to use in the car for video footage when I went on track. I slapped it on the dashboard, and it held my large phone (Samsung S3) in a very large heavy case (Otterbox Commuter), absolutely rock steady. Despite being on track, the image needed no stabilization - it didn't move, didn't wobble, didn't vibrate and didn't slip, all day. It's been in the car since, and hasn't moved, unless I've clicked the release trigger to move it.

It's quite large though, this could be a concern for some. I'll upload a pic when I get a chance.
on 19 December 2014
Edit 16-July-15. Ok, so unfortunately, the inevitable happened. It broke, as I knew it would. In fact, 2 of the three I bought broke. The other hasn't been subject to normal daily use so it has some time left yet. Which, is a real shame because this is oh so close to being the real deal. It's just a pity that the makers have decided to mount metal springs on plastic heads, see photos. Enough said! 6-8 months max with normal daily use. Some light metal instead of plastic to mount the springs and it may last indefinitely. Pity, but expected. The search continues! OsoMount flatters to deceive.

I've tried a handful of car mounts over the years. Usual story.... all crap! Either they snap or lose suction or whatever. Always a problem. Having read some reviews and watched a few Youtube clips describing this product, I was sold.
Rock solid is the best way of describing this mount. Once it's on the windscreen, your phone 'aint budging in that cradle.

Looks snazzy too. I'd highly recommend this. Not seen any similar product to rival it seriously in terms of looks and functionality. Buy it.... I doubt you'll regret it. In fact, I bought 2. Passengers like having somewhere secure to put their smartphones too you know!! :)
review image review image
on 20 June 2013
The box shows it as a 360 Grip Mount but I have seen the same item listed under a different brand name as well. It's really good. When you first peel off the protective paper the pad is so sticky it probably does not need the suction lever to stick anywhere. I have mounted mine on the curved, textured dash on a Ford Mondeo Mk III . Has not moved in the week I have had it. Very easy to get my iPhone in and out. The jaws are just big enough to hold my large Satnav if needed. Well worth the money.
on 6 November 2013
This thing sticks like glue!!!

it has a limited range of angles it can be stuck in, but so long as you are attaching it to the dash or your windscreen then this is brilliant. A samsung galaxy note does fit in it, but it's a bit scary, feels like you might snap your phone... however on my wife's iphone it is snuggly buggly...

top marks, worth every penny.
on 31 December 2013
good strong mount, grips i phone securely but be carefull when removing phone as the grip of the mount can scratch the metal sides of the phone. i am going to get a phone cover,and the mount will still hold the phone with the cover left on. i have used various mounts over the years in my truck, most have fell apart or didnt do the job properly, but this one looks like money well worth spent.
on 28 December 2013
I use this mount with my Nexus 5. Firstly, the suction is excellent and holds the mount in place on the windscreen. The grip is big enough for my phone (+case) and holds it securely while driving. Because the grip is spring-loaded, it means it can easily accept various sizes of phone and makes it easy to remove the phone when you get out of the car too.

I definitely recommend this mount if you're looking to use your phone as a sat nav.
on 15 June 2016
Ok, so I bought this product about 4 months ago and chose not to review it straight away so that I could give it a proper test - that way I'd be able to work out any kinks. I'd purchased cheaper options from other brands which weren't really up to scratch but this mount seems to have hit the nail on the proverbial head!

- Arrived within 2 days of being ordered, nicely packaged, no issues there. The product comes ready to use from the box, so there is no need to assemble any parts: included however, are instructions on assembly- this will be useful if ever you need to take apart the product if it breaks etc.

Aesthetics:
- Product has a strong durable feel to it. It doesnt feel like it'll break if you twist it too hard whilst driving etc. Nice gloss finish on the main body of the mount. The grips (into which you place your phone- The red area in Picture 4) are firm yet flexible and one can easily fit a smartphone into this with no issues. I have a Google Nexus phone which fits in easily and I have no doubt if I ever upgraded to a Samsung/Iphone or a larger smartphone, these would fit in with no issues aswell.
- Point to note here is that this product isn't the smallest car mount you'll ever buy...but ! this does the job and its not intrusive of your view either if placed correctly.

Usage:
- The product comes with a generic suction pad at the bottom, but Osomount have also provided a 3M pad, which they recommend if you're intent on placing this mount on your dashboard. This product has been has been used on both the dashboard and the windscreen and has great suction! If the pad becomes dirty then just give it a wipe with a damp cloth and hey presto! everything in the world is good again!

- Its easy to fit for use as well- simply choose where you'd like to place it- windscreen or dashboard, apply a little pressure to hold it in place and then push the suction lever down to lock it in place- it will not move! Great!

- Place your phone inside the red grips- these are made from rubber so they held the phone perfectly. I could even rotate the angle (using the built in ball joint at the back) of the phone so if the sun shone awkwardly into the car and created a glare, I could easily remedy this by moving the phone, whilst still held in the mount, in any direction of my choice. This was done whilst still driving so that goes to show how easy it is to do.

- To remove, simply work backwards. Remove your device from the grips- easy to do. Unlock the suction lever and use the rubber grip attached to the bottom of the suction pad to unhinge it from the windscreen/dashboard. Easy!

Summary:

Perfect! Have had no issues with this in 4 months of use. If anything changes, I will update this review. Great product, made well. More than fit for its purpose. Would highly recommend.

N.B I received this product at a discount in exchange for an honest review. All views are my own.
review image review image review image review image
Colour: Flex 360|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using a Zylo grip in the air vent of my car. I got myself an iPhone 6 which is now too long to fit in the Zylo without pressing my car radio buttons. Also it means I cannot charge my phone on the dock.

I got the Osomount with little expectations because my dashboard is curved and textured. The Osomount promises to stick to both textured and curved dashes so I thought I would give this a go.

It comes with a protective paper on the sticky cup area. With this removed, the Osomount stuck like glue to the dashboard. It has stayed there ever since. It holds my iPhone 6 rock steady with the charging lead attached.

The phone is secured using a strong spring mounted clip, a bit like the Zylogrip. The phone can just be pulled out using one hand and even put in one handed. It gives clear view of the Satnav app and does not move when the screen is tapped.

Just to put the icing on the cake, it looks really good on the dash as the red clip matches the Hazard Light button so it looks like it belongs.

I have attached a photo to show it sticking to my curvy dashboard.

I have had a couple of phone holders bought from supermarkets which have broken after a month or two. This has a 2 year warranty which is reassuring.

In summary, this is the best phone mount I have ever had. Better than the Zylo and a really welcome addition to the dashboard.
review image