4.0 out of 5 stars Would a proofread kill them?
These are very good stories - as you'd expect. Turned out I'd read four of the six before, but I'm a glutton for contemporary short stories so it's not a great surprise. Junot Diaz should win the competition.

The only trouble is that as with so many ebooks, there are errors. There were typos and punctuation problems (and missing words) that tripped up my...
Published 16 months ago by heidelberg

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
If these are the sorts of short story being given prizes I am not impressed. Too much gratuitous and visceral sex for my liking and not all that well written either
Published 4 months ago by alex

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as thrilling as I had hoped, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Six Shorts - The finalists for the 2013 Sunday Times EFG Private Bank Short Story Award (Kindle Edition)
I bought this after reading an article in The Times about the competition etc and felt compelled to read them. Oh how I was disappointed! Particularly disliked the first story and this is the one which won! But then I am not a judge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 30 Mar 2013
I found some of the stories stayed with me long after I read them. That in itself is testament to good writing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really my sort of stories, 3 May 2013
M. Mander - See all my reviews
They seem to me to be well written, but the characters are not likeable.
And I have no more comments

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 shorts, 13 April 2013
How utterly depressing that so many short stories chosen as potential winners were so utterly filthy. I have to write more words to post this comment, but I have no more to say.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninteresting stories, 18 Mar 2013
Mr. P. H. Ball "Hugh Ball" (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
I wasn't gripped by any of these stories. In fact it's put me completely off the short story format - you need more length to develop characters.