5.0 out of 5 stars More than a book about whales
I have just finished reading this book with my 10 year old daughter. It hooked us from the start. Michael the hero is a likeable boy who you can't help but warm to. But very soon, we were feeling uneasy on his behalf and were fearing that he had got himself into something he didn't understand.

We bought this book as my daughter had just seen, and loved, the...
Published 22 months ago by IssiNohu

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out - NOT for young children
Published 17 months ago by C Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out - NOT for young children, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Whale Boy (Paperback)
I bought this for my 8 yr old son who loves reading about the natural world, particularly sea life. Based on the front cover (never judge a book by its cover!), the relatively large writing, the fact it was in the children's section of a book shop and after a quick flick through, I assumed it would be suitable. In fact, as we discovered later on in the book, it has some pretty adult or at least 'older child' themes. It is certainly gripping, and for the right age addresses some very important lessons, but definitely not appropriate for an 8 yr old. It is emotionally too traumatic for a young child and involves some really nasty characters and shocking twists, including a mother trying to murder her own child! Should definitely have an age indication on the back...

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a book about whales, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Whale Boy (Paperback)

We bought this book as my daughter had just seen, and loved, the film Free Willy. This book offers so much more than a friendship between a boy and a whale. It gives us that, but it also gives us 'people power' and what a group of people can do when the group together. It shows that the way of business and making money is not always the best bath and that there are plenty of riches in the world what cannot be measured in material terms.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Whale Boy (Kindle Edition)
I read this book with my 9 yr old son; we both loved it. The language is so descriptive you think you are Michael. The story is so exciting and heart warming, it's been a lovely experience.
This book is very well written with several stories intertwined; the suspense has been nail biting!
We also looked up information on boats, whales & the Caribbean; so we are more informed on many things.
We shall be reading some more of Nicola Davies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Whale Boy (Paperback)
The book was in brilliant quality and arrived on time.

Whale Boy