5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection at a great price.
I read through a lot of reviews for a lot of different pc monitors before deciding on this one, and I feel I definitely made the right choice.
Easy to set-up, auto-configurated itself with me only having to decrease the brightness slightly, though that was my personal preference, can't quite believe how crisp and clear the quality of the picture is.
The...
Published 13 months ago by Rich Townend

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor - until it died
This monitor has been great for 3 and a half months. It was bought for my daughter to enlarge the display of her 12" notebook when working in the study and it does an excellent job. The display is bright and it is easy to set up.

Published 10 months ago by D. White

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor - until it died, 2 Jan 2014
D. White (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung S22C300HS 21.5 inch LED Monitor (250cd/m2, 1920x1080, 5ms, HDMI, VGA) (Accessory)

However, today we discovered that it no longer works. There is no power to the unit at all despite having tested the power lead and fuse. I fear the problem could be with the row of buttons along the front which are 'touch' control. Personally, I haven't had great experience of this type of switch - I prefer 'proper' click on/click off mechanical buttons. Anyway, no amount of prodding makes it come back on again so it is being sent back for a refund.

TIP ON RETURNING FAULTY GOODS TO AMAZON.CO.UK
A word here about returning goods. Any attempt via the website to send an item back to Amazon outside 30 days of it being purchased sends you in circles which will infuriate you and is probably designed to put you off. If Amazon or any other retailer suggests that you return the item to the manufacturer for a repair or replacement, they're wrong. Under the Sale of Good Act, your contract is with the retailer that you bought the goods from. This advice is extracted from the January 2014 issue of the Which? magazine in the article "Returning faulty goods|Investigation". Amazon scores only 1/12 in the review (the worst score).

When an item develops a fault before it would reasonably be expected to do so, you have a remedy against the retailer, even beyond the warranty period. This is determined by the Sale of Good Act. You are entitled to a full refund if the fault is identified within 4 weeks of purchase. Outside 4 weeks, you are not entitled to a full refund but you are entitled to ask for a replacement or repair. This also applies to good bought in a sale - the only exception is any goods bought were fault or damage was declared at the point of sale.

So here is some advice on how to resolve the issue with Amazon:

Go straight to http://www.amazon.co.uk/contactus and select the yellow 'Contact Us' button under 'General Support'. Skip Option 1 and select the issue and issue details. I selected 'Problem with an order or item' and 'Item does not work, is damaged or a part is missing'. The go to Option 3 and select 'start chatting'.

Don't be put off by the Live Chat feature. It is the best way to get the issue resolved. Before you start the chat, select the option to have the conversation sent to your email. This is really useful if you need to make a complaint later on - especially if the contact handler provides incorrect advice or information. The opening gambit is to politely provide the order number, the make/model, when it was purchased and a clear description of the fault. After a few exchanges and a few minutes delay, the contact handler will tell you that the item is outside the 30 day return period and then copy and paste several paragraphs of text as follows:

"I've checked and found that return window has expired on [XYZ Date]. Rest assure your item is still under warranty.
One option that we find often enables our customers to get to a quick resolution of their issue is by visiting the manufacturer's website or contacting them directly as they may be able to offer helpful troubleshooting and support for this issue. If you would like to do that we can send the manufacturer's details to you.
We'd suggest that you check with the manufacturer to find out whether this is a known issue. They'll have specialist knowledge of their own products and in many cases they may be able to diagnose and resolve the problem immediately. Of course, if they can't help you, please let us know and we'll be happy to help."

The correct response to this is something like this:

"I know about your returns policy and that the 30 day window has expired. However, I am also aware of my rights under the Sale of Goods Act to return a product which develops a fault before it would be reasonably expected to do so directly to the retailer. Respectfully, I would prefer to send it back to you for either a replacement model of the same or higher specification, a repair or for a full refund."

After this, they will still try again to suggest it is easier for you to approach the manufacturer but they should also offer to 'process a refund or replacement as per your choice'. Thank them very much and then they'll email a postage-paid returns label which you can print out and send back via collectplus.co.uk. I opted for a refund as they offered it but I'd have been very happy for a replacement. If it doesn't go well, you can try mentioning 'Sale of Goods Act' again with the words 'I am aware of my rights' and 'My contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer'. If you still don't get any joy, try mentioning that you've read the Which? report in the January 2014 issue and noted that Amazon only scored 1/12 'very poor'. Amazon are also reported by Which as saying

"Products that become defective within 12 months can be returned for a full refund or replacement, irrespective of any manufacturer warranty. After 12 months, we advise customers to contact the manufacturer for support and troubleshooting. Thereafter, we will take into consideration all facts and circumstances on a case-by-case basis to provide a fair solution. Amazon.co.uk will review the instances highlighted by Which? as they do not appear to be consistent with the typical Amazon.co.uk customer experience."

It is clear than Amazon have a long way to go if they are to remedy the poor score in Which? but I have found that if you follow this process, you'll not go far wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection at a great price., 22 Oct 2013
The monitor/stand is sturdy, tidy and frees up a fair bit of space on my desk.
Contrary to what a handful of reviewers have stated, the monitor position IS adjustable, can be swivelled and tilted from the stand.
The touch controls I found to be extremely pleasing to use and not at all confusing or used by accident if you're aware of where they are, they're marked with a description on the front of the monitor whether icon or text and are a good 4 inches away from the desk so its near impossible to access them by accident reaching underneath the monitor.
I did read one review who gave it a 2 because he got sent a 2-pin plug, well I also got a 2-pin plug but alongside it was also the native 3 pin plug so big Kudos to Samsung for supplying both cables.
The stand has a very glossy finish and doesn't seem to want to hold fingerprint marks at all which is excellent, and I doubt it takes much maintenance to keep it dust free, if any.

All-in all I couldn't be happier with my purchase, took a few minutes to set up from unboxing to trying out with movies, games and general internet use.
It was just what I was looking for and more, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 23 July 2013
I bought this to replace an HP monitor which died. Hp quality was VG, this is much better. And it tilts ! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good budget screen., 13 May 2013
Very good screen for the price. (And it can tilt youhou !)

Native resolution of 1920X1080. If you have a ATI card and have trouble when you have it set at that resolution(10mm black gap all round on the edges), here is the solution:

Catalyst Control Center >>> My Digital Flat Panels >>> Scaling Options >>> Set overscan to 0%.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a HDMI monitor, 13 Aug 2013
Good value monitor.HDMI input. Nice picture and resolution. No audio built in however so do not buy unless you have alternative audio arrangements unless you want video only.

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S22C300HS, 1 Mar 2014
This monitor failed after around 2 hours use.
It was returned via my local collecton point
the same day as received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Sep 2013
Came quite quickly and its great, works perfect for my new pc and is also touch buttons which I didn't actually know haha win. I paid £105 i did look around and this is the cheapest I found for a great monitor. Well iv'e only had it for two days but so far I'm pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all been said before!, 20 Aug 2013
Well mine came in 2 days out of the box and setup in 5 minutes. I bought this after reading all the other 5 star recommendations and can only say it's fantastic, the best buy around at this price. So another 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but incompatible with some graphics cards, 16 July 2014
It's quite a good monitor, but the sad part is that nowadays there are no other alternatives, other monitors don't represent the same value for money or don't have as many features as this one.
4 stars because this monitor is incompatible with nVidia GTX760 and screen sometimes goes black, so beware as this might happen to you as well (hardware incompatibility).

2.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing defect, 10 April 2014
The monitor in question , “Made in Romania”, is a Samsung S22C300HS.

The shaft or 'neck' which joins the monitor to its base below was reversed in manufacture with the result that this monitor when assembled, instead of tilting backward, tilted forward, and as a consequence of the forward tilt, the screen was impossible to read except if I lay on the floor and looked up it. I even considered hanging the monitor upside down from the ceiling which would have been an improvement. “Magic Angle” cast no helpful spells.

I wrote to Samsung (twice) and got no answer, and their response to my third email elicited the advice that I take my complaint elsewhere. Fortunately for me I have a hacksaw and the knowledge of how to use it. With this trusty blade I was able to cut away the 'key' which had forced me to insert the shaft backwards and, denuded of the key, I was able to re-insert the wretched piece of plastic right-way around. Now I have a monitor which tilts Its head back and smiles at me.

But what of the buyer who has no hacksaw or saw of any kind? What is he or she to do? Why call Samsung Customer Disservice of course.

But this is not the only indication that Samsung have lost the run of themselves. The over two thousand complaints registered on the Consumer Affairs complaints website ([...]) suggest that something surely has gone wrong at Samsung HQ. Even purchasers of 3-thousand dollar TV's get no satisfaction when these expensive goggle boxes turn their lights out. Apparently the bean-counters at Samsung figure they can afford to lose customers in droves. They have taken P.T. Barnum's dictum to heart apparently: “A (new) sucker is born every minute.”