5.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLIANT MONITOR
Published 9 months ago by NeuroSplicer

3.0 out of 5 stars Loathe to send back but..
Black Crush!! I had never heard of the term before but this monitor has it. After spending time trying different settings none of which worked, I chanced upon a review online from a professional and at that point I realised there is nothing that can be done.

A shame, because I loved everything else about the monitor. Amazon as usual excellent with returns so...
Published 12 months ago by Stonecutter 44

5.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLIANT MONITOR, 3 July 2014
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung S24C750PS 23.6 inch PLS LED Monitor (250cd/m2, 1920x1080, 5ms, 2x HDMI, VGA) (Accessory)
After more than a decade, my trusted SONY SDM-S was starting to show its age. For too long, I was willing to put up with its slow response time and obsolete geometry because it was a solid, reliable PC monitor and it looked great on my home desk, with its total black and clear-cut design. Yet, all good things come to an end. After a number of warning flickerings, I realized the end was nigh. It was time to find a replacement.

After extensive research I knew I had found what I was looking for when I saw this SAMSUNG S24C750P: a brilliant 23.6" (16:9) monitor with a decent response time and the deepest blacks you can find. The later is due to the fact that this is patented PSA LCD (not a IPS, like most monitors nowadays), and this gives it one of the highest contrast ratios available today (2900:1). Take into account that the screen is matte, not reflective, and you can realize why this is such a great monitor for office work and gaming alike.
Its native resolution is 1920x1080 (2HD) and the thin piano-black frame allows you to experience all of it without any distractions. All buttons are tucked in under the right corner (an easy to navigate menu pops up when pressed) and only a tiny and very discreet blue LED stays on when operating.

The base is of an excellent quality plastic that looks like metal and feels satiny to the touch. It keeps the monitor higher than my previous one (and the height is not adjustable) but I found this height to be perfect. Not too low for your neck to bend, not too high for your eyes to strain. And this is where it gets interesting.

Some years ago I saw for the first time a PC monitor (a FUJITSU, if memory serves) that could pivot. I found it a brilliant idea! Working on any document (and especially a long one) it is very convenient to be able to see the entire page by simply turning the monitor to its side. This SAMSUNG does exactly that.
Hidden behind the monitor is a rotating mechanism that attaches to the arm of the base and allows you to pivot the monitor 90o! However, there are a number of downsides to this. First of all, monitors now are much larger than they were ten years ago. So, in order to pivot a 24 inch monitor one has to first tilt it all the way out and then turn it. Forget to tilt it out first and you will be hitting the desk. The accompanying software promised to swift everything on your screen automatically, unfortunately, this does not seem to work for WinXP, I have to do it manually (using the MagicRotation software downloadable form SAMSUNG) - and it really messes up your icons afterwards. I would advise that 24 inches is the absolute maximum for pivoting monitors, larger than this and the whole concept collapses.

The first monitor I received came with a pixel stuck in blue. True to its zero-pixel warranty (especially true for its high-end monitors), SAMSUNG and the retailer I bought this from had it replaced within days with no hassles. However, a quick reminder to SAMSUNG: this is what you get when you try to cut manufacturing costs too deep: quality control suffers. A stuck pixel can happen to anyone. But there is also the misfitting of the back frame plastics (I cut my thumb reaching for my glass the first day) and the base screw that had to be forced at an angle, and the tilting that does not stop exactly at horizontal. It is all those little things that rob you of the quality you got us used to over the previous years.

All in all, the small number of manufacturing imperfections that are not enough to diminish this brilliant monitor. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly returned ..... But all OK now, 1 Feb. 2014
I've spent the evening trying to get this monitor to look 'good' when connected to my AMD Radeon HD 6900 graphics card. No amount of fiddling with the buttons could make the picture fit the screen - there was a 1 cm black border all the way around it which not only made the display smaller than I'd paid for, it also made the content look horrible and blurry. Eventually I found details on tomshardware.co.uk and by tweaking the overscan setting in the display driver (i.e. setting it to zero) I suddenly had a picture that filled the display. Wonderful ! But why so difficult ?

Anyway, that's not really Samsung's fault, though their reply on their web site to someone with the same problem could have been a lot more informative!

Now it's up and running the picture is thankfully all I'd hoped for having spent many hours trying to decide which display to opt for

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 27 Sept. 2013
Upgraded from a 19" monitor to this. It's like seeing HD for the first time. Excellent.

Crisp and bright and wide enough for multiple windows to open comfortably.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp and elegant, 27 Dec. 2013
SHJ "SHJ" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is a clear, sharp and bright monitor from Samsung. It is sufficiently large for working on. It looks extremely stylish and elegant. You could probably get something comparable at a cheaper price, but I bought it a reasonable price from Amazon.

I gave it 4 stars because although it has a rotating screen function, it tends to hit the table whenever I try to do so.

Overall, I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the best ...of the best...., 19 July 2013
The Best of the best ...of the best.....
Bright, functional, resposive, aisthetically pleasing. A pleassure all round. Samsung continue to produce brilliant products for the right price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Monitor, 12 Jun. 2014
Would recommend this monitor for all PC users and gamers.
Great detail, had no issues with it 7 months in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 May 2014
I love these. I bought a pair and they are clear crisp and easy to set up. Only regret is that I should have bought the next size up; there is more space on my desk than I thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Somthing I should have done a long time ago....., 31 Jan. 2014
This has been one hell of a noticeable upgrade from my ASUS V223W which I had been using for the past 4years. Like anyone interested in technology i did my fair share of research before purchasing this monitor and very rarely I found a truly negative review about it.

A beautifully built piece of kit with excellent picture quality to boot. A definite must for people looking for a good monitor at a reasonable price to bridge them into the 4K era.

5.0 out of 5 stars light.., 10 Nov. 2014
wow.. has all required connectors and great display. used for gaming, movies and streaming no complaints, samsung do it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars The monitor is clear and bright. Although it is ..., 27 Nov. 2014
The monitor is clear and bright. Although it is a bit more expensive than other monitors, it is worth this price.