5.0 out of 5 stars I once was blind but now I see...
The world is full of books that tell you how to be better at your job. In the case of marketing this often takes the form of the helpful assertion that you should `be more like Apple'. And everyone says we totally should. And this is all well and good until someone says, `How do we do that?' And then everyone starts staring at the floor and mumbling. This continues until...
Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by Pavlos

3.0 out of 5 stars if you know nothing of good CX then worth a read
The content is good if a little muddled at times.

If you do know a little CX then this is probably going to be teaching you to suck eggs.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to get your head around the idea that pleasing your customers will ultimately lead to increased shareholder value vs focusing on short term shareholder value will almost...
Published 11 months ago by mememan

5.0 out of 5 stars More Valuable than Gold, 12 Jun. 2013
Watkinson writes with passion you can tell. On page 150 i found half a pages of what I can only describe as gold. I have already suggested it to a friend :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pennies dropping left, right and centre!, 30 Mar. 2015
E. J. Coltman (Carlisle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences (Financial Times Series) (Kindle Edition)
This is an excellent read - a perfect balance between real-life examples and the scientific theories and studies that back them up. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered, 16 Mar. 2014
Excellent condition well worth the money will be able to use extracts to complete my assignment from university for my business degree course

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptively straight-forward, 13 Jan. 2013
This is a great book for anyone, in virtually any role, in any business. I'm a management consultant and I read this with a view to not only improving my own customer interactions, but also to give me more mental models to help me formulate solutions to client problems.

The book offers a complete and coherent framework for assessing a businesses customer interactions - upon reading them you will feel that they are 'common sense' but the apparent simplicity of the '10 principles' belies the sophistication, smart thinking and broad and deep research that was obviously their genesis. This book is packed with interesting insights and useful information. And it advocates customers first in your business strategy as a way to generate long term profits, instead of the short-termist board, bonus and share-holder return metrics used by so many of today's (fragile) businesses - here here.

I do have some minor criticisms - my copy of the book came with several pages joined along the bottom edge. They'd not been cut properly at the printers and when I cut them with a knife it made a mess of the pages. I'm sure the irony of this stress, effort and unmet expectations are not lost on the author and I'm sure he will have a stiff word with his publisher or printer!

And whilst the book is easy to read and in a nice conversational style I found the layout and formatting a little basic and impersonal. The icons on the inside cover could have been used throughout the book to tie it all together and additional diagrams, images and colour would help present the framework in a more visual style and make it easier to consume and remember - a picture tells a thousand words and all that.

Finally, I am buying a second copy because I gave mine to my brother-in-law for Christmas. He owns a high-end camera store and was fascinated by the book since his business relies on customer experience to differentiate him from the abundance of anonymous web retailers. He's also thinking of improving his own web site and this book will give him the foundation he needs. I highly recommend you read it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice, 16 Mar. 2014
J. R. Silverstone "jemsilverstone" (Potters Bar) - See all my reviews
This book recently won the best business book award, sponsored by the Henley Business School, and it lives up to the billing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love, 1 April 2015
I am a trainer in customer service and this gives a totally explosive outside of the box approach. I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of great integrity, 23 Sept. 2014
This is quite simply the best "business book" I have read. Putting aside the elegance of its conciseness and the resonance of its message, what I find particularly inspirational is the way in which the author has made the experience of reading the book so brilliant.

Matt has been so successful in taking each one of the elements he identifies and applying it to the experience of reading the book - from the bookmark, to the introduction of and summary of each chapter, to the choice he provides in how to read it, to even the "feel" of the cover.

It is an highly motivational and practical book - a toolkit which we can all use to understand first and then positively influence what our customers do experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Feb. 2015
This is one of the best books and will change your way of doing customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book to anyone... and so should you!, 12 Mar. 2013
My business partner and I have been carrying this book around like a bible for the past few weeks whilst blocking out our new start up company... I don't see us leaving it on the side any time soon either.

1, It's really easy to pick up and dive into the separate sections that you're needing guidance with
2, It's practical and methodical and reader friendly
3, There are so many sections in the book where a single sentence makes me feel like I've got my monies worth

Check out Matt's website for his free worksheets if you're not convinced and see how much they can help you alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars One excellent book!, 17 Mar. 2013
A fantastically well-written book that is:

- easy, amusing, and quick to read or reference
- suitable for anyone who has customers (yes that's pretty much everyone!)
- suitable for all levels of understanding
- universally applicable to any product or service offering
- suited to any stage of the project life-cycle or any level of detail from micro design decisions right up to cultural change
- and practically grounded with worksheets

A must read and keep close at hand book!