5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Ms Wax...
Brilliant Book. I read it with Ruby's voice in my head which made it easy and amusing. I wish she had written this book when I was 14, it would have saved me years of heart/head ache.. A must read for those who want to find out more about themselves and those around them. Thank you Ms Wax, I am only sorry that you had to suffer first in order to get tothis point in...
Published 14 months ago by meriet duncan

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag
The sections of the book in which Ruby Wax reflects on and recounts her personal experience are both moving and informative and certainly helped me to understand better what it is like to suffer from depression. However, I found the other sections rather annoying in their tone and at times I felt my mind lurching into the world of the untamed mind rather than the tamed...
Published 12 months ago by m e lockyer

‹ Previous | 123 24 2550 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 7 April 2014
It makes so much sense in an extremely funny way, we all need a bit of Ruby in our life!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness by ruby wax, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
I found the book a complex read but at the same time due to the variety of subjects I gained something. I like ruby wax on tv. I have had an episode of depression that was treated with pills. The pills enabled me to cope but I needed something else to sustain my welbeing. CTB did not work but diet and mindfulness meditation appears to be the way so this book could be for you if you are looking for something else.
Ruby has obviously studied the subject and gained certificates I felt her new masters degree and knowledge was being shown off. She became the teacher. That's okay but I felt the personal stuff was a better read. I got the funniest eventually

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 April 2014
Quite a book! Well done Ruby. Easy reading, even though she does get technical about the brain! Well we are talking the 'brain' here! Seriously, an interesting read on a very serious un-fathomable subject- 'the mind'! Not many people if they are honest don't have any 'angst' in their lives, and Ruby's take on helping yourself is very funny but helpful also.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book on staying sane in an insane world, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
Thoughts are not facts, I like this. Ruby has a way with words that impart a serious message with very funny and honest personal anecdotes that I could relate to. I read this book to help understand the science of the brain from my starting point of knowing very little so that I can help my wife, who has ME. We ended up going through this book together with me reading it aloud and talking through how it relates to the anxiety, real and imagined in my wife's head ( and mine). I am one of those people who like to understand how and why things work rather than blindly following a 'prescription' and this book has given me a good understanding of how the physical brain and the mind and impact of our thoughts are related.

Anyone who feels a sense of dis-ease with the world (everyone?) would benefit from reading this book, but particularly anyone who has experienced how stress can turn into a physical illness and wants to heal themselves from within.

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet hurt, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
Open and caring book for the mind. You made it so easy to read and access the basic tools to re wiring my mind, I now just want to learn more. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I've ever read of this type and I found it amazingly helpful! It's really made me think about a lot of aspects of my life that I want to change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
Just brilliant - everyone should read this! Ruby combines knowledge, learning and experience with her wit, making this not only powerful but also entertaining. Fab. I am so glad she gave up the day job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and hilarious, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
This book is just marvellous in that Ruby gets her message across, informing us how
our mind works, what goes on where, how we think and how we can sabotage
ourselves ... but in SUCH a light and funny way. I absolutely loved this book and
laughed and laughed. I have already bought five copies and have sprinkled them
among my friends who ALSO love the book. Well done Ruby ... and may you find
that Holy Grail that is the finest blue and white cushion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruby Wax, comic and genius, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
If you only read one book this year make it this one. Whether you have personal experience of mental illness or not, Ruby Wax takes a complex subject and creates a funny and concise understanding of how the brain is not equipped for 21stC, Ruby's enlightening and comic narrative provides everyone with easy to follow ways of dealing with the modern stresses!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sane New World: Taming the mind, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Sane New World: Taming the Mind (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant book with lots of information on how the brain works in humouress way. Great ideas for dealing with our inner critical voice

‹ Previous | 123 24 2550 | Next ›