2,002 Reviews
 (1,424)

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun, less frustration.
I had two indoor helicopters before I bought the S107G, an early Picooz and the Syma Aurora. Both were very tricky to fly even after some practise and gave both fun and frustration in equal measure.

The new S107G is proclaimed to be much easier to fly with greater gyroscopic stability so I decided to see if it lived up to this claim. The difference was apparent...
Published on 26 Oct 2011 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars I love it, good value per money, so far so good!
I just bought this helicopter (not from Amazon) and I love it!

I have some other electric helicopters 4chs, 6chs, 2D, 3D; but this is the most easy and stable to fly!

Published on 29 Nov 2010 by Mr. R. H. D. Ribeiro

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly the best for your money!, 22 Nov 2011
Mr. R. Jariwala "rajking" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have had the Syma 107G for about two weeks now, had about 5 to 6 flights every day and just got one thing to say, AMAZING!!!
This heli is very stable, it flies exactly where you want it to fly. My 10 and 14 year old daughters adore it.
Every time you hover it in the air, you feel astonished at the little flying machine in front of you. I have managed to take it out of one room, through the corridor and into the next with practice. Yesterday, I actually managed to fly it up the staircase and to the first floor!( After a lot of practice )
We have had many accidents with it and this little beauty has survived all of them ( Fingers crossed for future )
There is a certain learning curve involved. You need to take it easy at first by just getting used to the controls. First just go up and down a few times, then hover at a level, turn on its axix, go forward and backwards and so on.When its fully charged, the 107G has a lot of power so go easy on the left ( Altitude ) stick in comparison towards the end of the flight.
I have noticed that It does become a little unstable towards the end of the flight.
I did a lot of research before spending my hard earned cash on this beauty.
I have seen that a couple of recent reviews are very negative but one cannot forget the fact that this is a flying Helicopter. If you loose control in mid air and have a major accident, its going to crash and break.
From my experience , I can say that this Heli is extremely stable. Don't try and fly it like a pro on your first flight, only get adventurous when practised a lot.
I don't write reviews usually but I had to for this one as recent negative reviews dont justify the amount of fun this toy can give !

Finally HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Me ( 40 yrs ) and my daughters love it ! For around 20 its an absolute steal !
Hope this review helped.

Good luck and Fly Safe!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless, 8 Oct 2011
I have bought indoor helicopters before, But this one surpasses anything before it. I fail to see how it could be
improved. The stability of this craft is unbelieveable. Its a joy to fly.Amazon are a good company to deal with too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good indoor helicopter, 1 Nov 2011
This is a very stable and easy to control helicopter, I have not tried the 107 model, this is a 107G that is supposed to be better. I have a number of different indoor helicopters and for less than 20 this is great value for a 3 channel helicopter. I will be buying more as gifts over Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 18 July 2012
I bought this for my sons 11th Birthday, he absolutely loves it. My 8 year old can fly it with ease and my 14 year old now wants.
So far after almost 2 weeks of daily flying it has suffered several bumps but no damage.
Recharged in 20 minutes.
I would definitely recommend for ages 8 and upwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy I ever bought !, 3 Jun 2012
I've bought lots of things from Amazon over the years but this is the first time I've ever been inspired to write a review. I bought this helicopter for my 3 year old after he'd spent ages playing with a similar copter belonging to his cousin (but costing several times more). This helicopter is recommended for age 14+ so at 3 years old it was always going to be a bit tricky at first.

The copter has been bashed into everything from ceilings to floor, doors, washing machine,table and vitualy everything in the house and even garden literally hundreds of times. He could get it to climb ok but used to just cut the throttle at about 10 feet and let it drop. We broke the bottom skid but got new one for just a couple of quid. The thing eventually died after just over a week which disappointed me as I'd had so much fun too but a close inspection reveiled a small wire had come loose from the edge of the circuit board, I really couldn't grumble considering the hammer it had had. It's easy to access the workings, 5 minutes and a soldering iron easily fixed it and as good as new again.

Eventually the lower rotor stopped working, a careful inspection reveiled the motor had been jolted loose from it's retaining clip. Carefully eased into place and as good as new again and hasn't come loose since. I think if you have even only a little practical ability it's easy to replace or repair parts. There are ever videos on youtube showing how. My little lad has enjoyed sitting down with me and "helping" repair it. This thing has been unbelievably hammered for a month and is still working. My son still races downstairs in a morning to play with it even after a month. He can take off, hover and gently land it like a pro. Not so good at the steering yet but it's great to watch him learn.

At 16 delivered I can believe how they make it for the money but it's the best toy for children or adults I've ever seen. Worth getting the packs of spare bits for under a fiver just in case. I use an old phone charger with a usb type socket to plug the charging lead into, no need to get the laptop out or flatten the batteries in the transmitter by using the connection on the back to charge. Just about everyone who comes to the house has had a go ..... get one you won't be dissapointed, it's brilliant !

3.0 out of 5 stars I love it, good value per money, so far so good!, 29 Nov 2010
I just bought this helicopter (not from Amazon) and I love it!

With just 01 finger it will fly up and down, and stay hovering without any changing of its position and with no need to do any correction! Then, if you use the right stick to forward, backward, right and left turns, you can fly it anywhere in your leaving room.

My children love to "catch" it with their hands and release it after. It is very safe and if it hit them, it wont harm them.

The battery is good to fly around 9 to 11 minutes and it will take some 50 minutes to get a full charge. That's why it got just 4 stars, because you have to wait 50 minutes of charging to have 10min of fun.

The idea of recharging the helicopter on its own remote control is very good, because of the portability and it doesn't really drains too much of the remote's batteries at all. I've been flying for 03 days with the same cheap branded alkaline batteries with no sign of lowering them. Anyway when they finish, I'll replace them for normal rechargeable batteries.

It is very durable as well. I've had a few crashes and drops. My children under 6, are always catching the helicopter with no care at all and it still survives! Nothing broke down yet and it keeps flying beautiful.(just luck I suppose)

The price if very good and, if it happens to break or stop to work, it would not be a great loss.(if compared to the other ones that are more expensive and breaks easily)

The USB cable for charging the helicopter separately, is also a good idea, if you want to save your remote's batteries but, trust me it is not really necessary, once the remote's batteries will last for a long time on alkalines, and if you go for rechargeables, even better.

So far so good, it is still flying beautifully and resisting the crashes and the "children". What else do you expect?

Have fun...

NEW UPDATE,

IT MUST BE A MATTER OF LUCK...

THE 1RST ONE THAT I GOT WAS SPOTLESS AS MENTIONED ABOVE BUT, WHEN I OREDERED A 2ND ONE, I HAD TO REPLACE IT ONCE AND REQUEST A REFUND AFTER THE REPLACEMENT BEEING FAULTY TOO!!!

IS IT A MATTER OF LUCK OR THE QUALLITY OF THE S107 IS DECREASING?

CHEERS...

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty controller. But I'm sure would be 5 stars if it worked for long enough., 2 Jan 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Difficult to rate because of the faulty controller, but I did not want to be completely negative.

Having read the many reviews I ordered this item for a friends birthday. On arrival, in plenty of time, I checked it out prior to wrapping it up and discovered the controller to have a fault. On close examination, I discovered the fault to be in the battery department, and another reviewer fixed this with tin foil. (He has also submitted a photo) This is a gift so cannot implement this repair and Amazon are unable to send a replacement controller so will have to order another item. My only fear is, if this is a common problem, may end up with another faulty controller.

Amazon response and service a full 5 stars.

UPDATE 19 January 2013
I ended up giving my friend the money for his birthday and he went out and purchased one of these helicopters from Amazon himself. I've seen the helicopter fly and is quite amazing for such a small sum of money. He gets around 6 minutes flying on a full charge and I would recommend it to anyone, adults too! Just remember to let the battery cool down for 10 minutes before charging and don't overcharge the battery and I'm sure you will have endless fun. Just one final word, buy from a good company, Amazon or similar, who will look after you should there be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great RC Helicopter, 20 July 2012
M. J. Smitten (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
Precision engineering with precise flight controls, it is a marvel of modern microtechnology (no, I am not paid by Syma, but credit where it's due! I am simply a customer - and a lecturer in aerodynamics) - to get it out of the box, remove the tray and invert it - then you can access the tie wires that hold it in place, as well as the controller. The battery compartment in the controller is also well designed - overall, for an engineer like me everything about this model is pleasing. One thing though - the instructions are not clear and you should switch on the controller BEFORE the helicopter, and operate all the controls over their ful range first. Then turn on the helicopter. This will calibrate the range of the controls and give you better sensitivity.

Remember, this is an aeroplane - it does everything any other aeroplane does, and suffers the same problems. Plus one; since you are not in the cockpit, when it flies towards you, the direction (heading - yaw) controls are reversed - no problem; practise and your brain will do the rest

Some recommend removing the throttle return spring, but as a beginner your safety net is being able to let go of the throttle and let the chopper crash, without engine power - less chance of damage and you can start all over again. However, with more practise, getting rid of the spring is definitely an improvement, in my opinion. But beware that, after calibrating the controller you leave the collective lever in the full back position, as the plane will start immediately you switch it on - the LED on the controller flashes if the lever is not at zero (fully back), so check this.

I have two of these marvels and with one contoller I have detached the return spring and, as shown by someone on YouTube, twisted the spring and fitted it over the white plastic spigot, to provide friction to hold it in place. But keep in mind that, as with any aircraft, any control input will result in a change in overall lift, so don't think you can set it and leave it. You will need to apply more throttle to maintain level flight during some manoeuvres, especially going astern. I placed a coffee table in the middle of the floor and practised doing circuits and landing on it - the controls are that precise - given there is no draught in the room, you can land it almost exactly where you want to - just practise small manoeuvres with little control inputs, in the middle of the room, away from obstacles - you will soon be whizzing around safely. As an electrical engineer I do not recommend replacing the battery with a larger capacity - if you must fly all day, get another plane (as I did)

When the internal battery is getting low it will be difficult to get it to climb and will then stop altogether - ready to recharge. I use 6 rechargeables in the controller and charge the aircraft from the USB on my laptop - the controller seems good for many hours of flight though, as it doesn't do much work unless used to charge the plane.

Finally if you over 60, like me, and your eyesight not so good, put a mark with an indelible pen on the top of the charging plug so you don't try to force it in upside down and damage the socket. I have just completed my first major repair successfully. If your plane suddenly decides to go haywire after a crash you have probably sheared off the moulded pins that provide impetus to the top, main, rotor. The piece required is in the inexpensive kit you can get here but, beware, the screws on the plane are not all the same (despite first appearances), so keep them in order when dismantling and put them back in the correct places.

If at some stage after a few flights the plane exhibits what is known as the toilet bowl effect, i.e. it gyrates whilst in hover, the cause is almost certainly that the linkages between the balance bar and the upper rotors need lubricating. It is important that you don't use an oil based lubricant as this will attract dust etc but a squirt with a dry silicone spray, also available on Amazon (Everbuild), sorts the problem immediately. I havent tried it on the gears yet, but guess it would improve matters there as well

Happy flying...

5.0 out of 5 stars Syma-ple helicopter to fly-really excellent!, 28 July 2012
fab little helicopter, really good to fly, great for anybody looking for a helicopter to fly indoors under super control, and excellent understanding along with ease of flight. had super fun with this, looks fragile yet has the toughness of a tank...soooo smooth to control and is easy for anybody to fly. you can charge helicopter,through your computer and this allows you to use the remote for longer as it saves battery power. my younger brother had a helicopter that charged from remote and didn't last very long with battery life. Though this lasts, a long time. Nice to have something that is so fun yet lasts well. Definitely buy due to outstanding quality yet such Cheap PRICE!!
definitely buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flying High!, 10 Nov 2012
This is a great little toy for a 64 year old! I had a similar one but a less durable design which self destructed relatively quickly and suffered from blade interference which self digested the blade leading edges! This Syma is a much more robust beast and of better design/manufacture. Still Chinese I know, but has different materials for the rod end interfaces giving good wear properties, and blades which clear each other and last well. Without getting any more technical it is brilliant value for money. You do need patience to wait whilst the battery recharges, but once ready it is quite easy to hover and fly around and forgiving when landed heavily/crashed! Recommended for any age. My two sons also have one each....just the grandson to go now!

I bought it to hone my skills for a larger outdoor heli which I can take off, but not land!!