1,305 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun, less frustration.
I had two indoor helicopters before I bought the S107G, an early Picooz and the Syma Aurora. Both were very tricky to fly even after some practise and gave both fun and frustration in equal measure.

Published on 26 Oct 2011 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty controller. But I'm sure would be 5 stars if it worked for long enough.
Difficult to rate because of the faulty controller, but I did not want to be completely negative.

Having read the many reviews I ordered this item for a friends birthday. On arrival, in plenty of time, I checked it out prior to wrapping it up and discovered the controller to have a fault. On close examination, I discovered the fault to be in the battery...
Published 15 months ago by Kaboobi

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun, less frustration., 26 Oct 2011
John (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews

The new S107G is proclaimed to be much easier to fly with greater gyroscopic stability so I decided to see if it lived up to this claim. The difference was apparent as soon as the aircraft took off and I was quite amazed (and delighted) at its improved controllability. Early generation models had a tendency to rotate after lift off and the first few seconds of flight required rapid adjustment of the trim to maintain a steady heading. Even then any power adjustment would change the rotor torque and start the helicopter rotating again. Keeping this rotation under control was essential before any serious flying could be contemplated and the constant corrections became a pain.

The surprise with the S107G is that it lifted off without any sign of wanting to spin. It was a real delight to lift it into a hover on the first flight and simply watch it hanging there without any need for any control input. This excellent stability allows you to concentrate on nothing else but flying the model and here you also see the benefit of the new control system. Up and down operation is much as before (new users need a little practise to maintain a hover) but turning is crisp - it is extremely easy to make this aircraft turn on to any heading you want and stop the turn dead. Forward and backward motion is slightly different as you have to take into account this is a heavier aircraft than earlier models and it develops some momentum. It takes a little longer to come to a stop but again you adjust to this without effort during the first few flights.

The real fun is the precision in which this helicopter can be flown. It is the first aircraft I can land exactly where I want it to and the first that I have flown out of one room and down a corridor like those impressive videos from the experts. Crashes have mostly become a thing of the past except when I now try something too ambtious like flying it into a broom cupboard - I only failed on the first attempt though!

In summary this is an excellent model as you spend most of the time in actual controlled flight rather than trying to keep it under control or retrieving it from behind radiators or sofas. That increases the fun factor enormously. A bonus is that it is also quieter than early models which other family members may appreciate.

The model is of serious construction with a beautifully made metal body rather than plastic moulding. It is also quite a bit heavier than early models so be warned that it can sting rather than just bounce off you. I'd not like to experience a head impact but there again I've not yet lost control of the model to the extent that this has been a possibility. Having said that I would advise a little more thought about safety.

In summary this is a lovely looking helicopter, it flies superbly and it is amazingly inexpensive. An excellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy and brilliant price, 5 Dec 2011
Bought this after buying a few inferior models for nephews and nieces for Christmas's past and wanting to have a go myself.

First thing I noticed was how easy it is to maintain position. Previous ones I'd had a go on were so unstable that no amount of skill could stop you banging into a wall after 10 seconds of panicked flight. This model on the otherhand is a delight - it's precise, can hover easily and forgiving if you need to correct it. It's not amazingly fast but in a home envirnment you wouldn't want to go quicker anyway and there's more than enough things you can play around with by trying to land on things etc.

Can't believe they make a profit from this at this price! Best 20 quid I've spent.

**TOP TIP** I've picked up off the forums: Leave the copter for 10 mins after flights before charging to prolong the battery - the heat kills them quite quickly apparently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy for all ages!, 29 Jan 2012
Mr. B. Roche (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've ordered quite a lot of these aswell for family members. There fun for all ages. from 6 years old to 80 years olds. My 6 year old brother can fly this helicopter with ease. My grandad can also fly it very easily. 6 people in my family have one so far. we really do love them. So much fun from such a little toy! we had to send one back due to it not working properly but the seller quickly sent us a replacement one. I recommend net_price_direct. They replied quickly to my emails and sent a replacement helicopter within a few days of me sending the damaged one back. I had no worries at all. I ordered two Syma S107G's from this seller, both arrived quickly and undamaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars RC SYMA S107G Helicopter, 27 Oct 2011
We are very impressed with this remote controlled mini helicopter and many friends are now putting it on their xmas list. It is very durable and offers hours of entertainment for young and old. Highly recommended. Good for keeping indoor children amused, they can build their own obstacle courses and improve their flying skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 10 Mar 2013
J. Adams (uk) - See all my reviews
AT mid 50s I am probably not the target market for this toy - that said it is brilliant fun. It doesn't take long to master the controls and is great to use during the commercial breaks although my Labrador is less enthusiastic and usually goes and sits in the other room for my 5 minutes of being a stunt pilot. It recharges quickly from the USB port on my laptop, and gives 5 or 6 minutes flying time on one charge. The radio control works well allowing me to fly it from room to room or up and down stairs. It is too light to fly outside unless there is absolutely no wind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly the best for your money!, 22 Nov 2011
Mr. R. Jariwala "rajking" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have had the Syma 107G for about two weeks now, had about 5 to 6 flights every day and just got one thing to say, AMAZING!!!
This heli is very stable, it flies exactly where you want it to fly. My 10 and 14 year old daughters adore it.
Every time you hover it in the air, you feel astonished at the little flying machine in front of you. I have managed to take it out of one room, through the corridor and into the next with practice. Yesterday, I actually managed to fly it up the staircase and to the first floor!( After a lot of practice )
We have had many accidents with it and this little beauty has survived all of them ( Fingers crossed for future )
There is a certain learning curve involved. You need to take it easy at first by just getting used to the controls. First just go up and down a few times, then hover at a level, turn on its axix, go forward and backwards and so on.When its fully charged, the 107G has a lot of power so go easy on the left ( Altitude ) stick in comparison towards the end of the flight.
I have noticed that It does become a little unstable towards the end of the flight.
I did a lot of research before spending my hard earned cash on this beauty.
I have seen that a couple of recent reviews are very negative but one cannot forget the fact that this is a flying Helicopter. If you loose control in mid air and have a major accident, its going to crash and break.
From my experience , I can say that this Heli is extremely stable. Don't try and fly it like a pro on your first flight, only get adventurous when practised a lot.
I don't write reviews usually but I had to for this one as recent negative reviews dont justify the amount of fun this toy can give !

Finally HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Me ( 40 yrs ) and my daughters love it ! For around 20 its an absolute steal !
Hope this review helped.

Good luck and Fly Safe!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars helicopter, 9 Jun 2012
Margaret June Hall "jun" (wales) - See all my reviews
A really excellent little toy. Both my little boys (now 42 and43) have one and seem to enjoy showing children how good it is, and such fun. Good value as not in the bin the next morning, in bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good indoor helicopter, 1 Nov 2011
This is a very stable and easy to control helicopter, I have not tried the 107 model, this is a 107G that is supposed to be better. I have a number of different indoor helicopters and for less than 20 this is great value for a 3 channel helicopter. I will be buying more as gifts over Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 18 July 2012
I bought this for my sons 11th Birthday, he absolutely loves it. My 8 year old can fly it with ease and my 14 year old now wants.
So far after almost 2 weeks of daily flying it has suffered several bumps but no damage.
Recharged in 20 minutes.
I would definitely recommend for ages 8 and upwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy I ever bought !, 3 Jun 2012
I've bought lots of things from Amazon over the years but this is the first time I've ever been inspired to write a review. I bought this helicopter for my 3 year old after he'd spent ages playing with a similar copter belonging to his cousin (but costing several times more). This helicopter is recommended for age 14+ so at 3 years old it was always going to be a bit tricky at first.

The copter has been bashed into everything from ceilings to floor, doors, washing machine,table and vitualy everything in the house and even garden literally hundreds of times. He could get it to climb ok but used to just cut the throttle at about 10 feet and let it drop. We broke the bottom skid but got new one for just a couple of quid. The thing eventually died after just over a week which disappointed me as I'd had so much fun too but a close inspection reveiled a small wire had come loose from the edge of the circuit board, I really couldn't grumble considering the hammer it had had. It's easy to access the workings, 5 minutes and a soldering iron easily fixed it and as good as new again.

Eventually the lower rotor stopped working, a careful inspection reveiled the motor had been jolted loose from it's retaining clip. Carefully eased into place and as good as new again and hasn't come loose since. I think if you have even only a little practical ability it's easy to replace or repair parts. There are ever videos on youtube showing how. My little lad has enjoyed sitting down with me and "helping" repair it. This thing has been unbelievably hammered for a month and is still working. My son still races downstairs in a morning to play with it even after a month. He can take off, hover and gently land it like a pro. Not so good at the steering yet but it's great to watch him learn.

At 16 delivered I can believe how they make it for the money but it's the best toy for children or adults I've ever seen. Worth getting the packs of spare bits for under a fiver just in case. I use an old phone charger with a usb type socket to plug the charging lead into, no need to get the laptop out or flatten the batteries in the transmitter by using the connection on the back to charge. Just about everyone who comes to the house has had a go ..... get one you won't be dissapointed, it's brilliant !

ARRAY(0xa174c5f4)

Syma 2nd Edition S107 S107G New Version Indoor Helicopter (Red)
12.50