2,107 Reviews
 (1,498)

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun, less frustration.
I had two indoor helicopters before I bought the S107G, an early Picooz and the Syma Aurora. Both were very tricky to fly even after some practise and gave both fun and frustration in equal measure.

Published on 26 Oct 2011 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars I love it, good value per money, so far so good!
I just bought this helicopter (not from Amazon) and I love it!

I have some other electric helicopters 4chs, 6chs, 2D, 3D; but this is the most easy and stable to fly!

With just 01 finger it will fly up and down, and stay hovering without any changing of its position and with no need to do any correction! Then, if you use the right stick to forward,...
Published on 29 Nov 2010 by Mr. R. H. D. Ribeiro

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun, less frustration., 26 Oct 2011
John (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews

The new S107G is proclaimed to be much easier to fly with greater gyroscopic stability so I decided to see if it lived up to this claim. The difference was apparent as soon as the aircraft took off and I was quite amazed (and delighted) at its improved controllability. Early generation models had a tendency to rotate after lift off and the first few seconds of flight required rapid adjustment of the trim to maintain a steady heading. Even then any power adjustment would change the rotor torque and start the helicopter rotating again. Keeping this rotation under control was essential before any serious flying could be contemplated and the constant corrections became a pain.

The surprise with the S107G is that it lifted off without any sign of wanting to spin. It was a real delight to lift it into a hover on the first flight and simply watch it hanging there without any need for any control input. This excellent stability allows you to concentrate on nothing else but flying the model and here you also see the benefit of the new control system. Up and down operation is much as before (new users need a little practise to maintain a hover) but turning is crisp - it is extremely easy to make this aircraft turn on to any heading you want and stop the turn dead. Forward and backward motion is slightly different as you have to take into account this is a heavier aircraft than earlier models and it develops some momentum. It takes a little longer to come to a stop but again you adjust to this without effort during the first few flights.

The real fun is the precision in which this helicopter can be flown. It is the first aircraft I can land exactly where I want it to and the first that I have flown out of one room and down a corridor like those impressive videos from the experts. Crashes have mostly become a thing of the past except when I now try something too ambtious like flying it into a broom cupboard - I only failed on the first attempt though!

In summary this is an excellent model as you spend most of the time in actual controlled flight rather than trying to keep it under control or retrieving it from behind radiators or sofas. That increases the fun factor enormously. A bonus is that it is also quieter than early models which other family members may appreciate.

The model is of serious construction with a beautifully made metal body rather than plastic moulding. It is also quite a bit heavier than early models so be warned that it can sting rather than just bounce off you. I'd not like to experience a head impact but there again I've not yet lost control of the model to the extent that this has been a possibility. Having said that I would advise a little more thought about safety.

In summary this is a lovely looking helicopter, it flies superbly and it is amazingly inexpensive. An excellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mans Toy, 29 July 2010
R. Avery (South Coast UK) - See all my reviews
This little helicopter is beautiful to look at even before you get it into the air. The quality of design is stunning and it is very well put together. I had a cheap remote helicopter previously and it was almost impossible to control. With the built in gyroscope this one could not be more different. Control in all directions is sharp and crisp . Even from the start you should be able to fly this one safely without any problem after a few minutes practice.

Being able to charge it from USB is a great idea. The one I had previously had to be charged from the remote control unit which was an extra drain on the batteries. As the previous reviewer stated the charge time is quite long and the flight time limited - it's a nuisance but you do get used to this after a while.

A word of warning is to not even think about taking this machine outside. Unless it is a very dull still day the i/r remote control will lose contact and the copter will fall out of the sky, or it will get blown away as it is just not powerful enough to work against any form of breeze. Digressing slightly its quite good fun to set up a fan indoors and see how your piloting skills cope with `turbulence'.

If you are like me and never quite grew up then this is absolutely a must have! Even if its only to drive the missus nuts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy and brilliant price, 5 Dec 2011
Bought this after buying a few inferior models for nephews and nieces for Christmas's past and wanting to have a go myself.

First thing I noticed was how easy it is to maintain position. Previous ones I'd had a go on were so unstable that no amount of skill could stop you banging into a wall after 10 seconds of panicked flight. This model on the otherhand is a delight - it's precise, can hover easily and forgiving if you need to correct it. It's not amazingly fast but in a home envirnment you wouldn't want to go quicker anyway and there's more than enough things you can play around with by trying to land on things etc.

Can't believe they make a profit from this at this price! Best 20 quid I've spent.

**TOP TIP** I've picked up off the forums: Leave the copter for 10 mins after flights before charging to prolong the battery - the heat kills them quite quickly apparently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional toy, 2 Dec 2010
When I was a kid these kind of things would have cost a months salary, which is why although I am far to old I can finally afford to relive my youth. I bought a cheap sub 20 rc helicopter a couple of years ago which was fun but you couldn't really control where the thing went, so when I decided to treat my self to a new one for only just over 20 I wasn't expecting the earth. I was blown away when it came, it's beautifully made, extremely stable in flight and heaps of fun. My only concern would be how this can be sold for this money, who is making them and how much are they being paid?
I definitely recommend this product, it's awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible not to be impressed, 4 Oct 2010
Peter Lee (Manchester ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Many, many years ago I owned a toy helicopter game called "Vertibird", where you could fly a helicopter on the end of a long plastic arm in a circle, supposedly in order to thwart some escaping criminals whose getaway car was handily fitted with a large hoop which your aircraft could grab hold of. It was brilliant, but it was more fun to just fly it around and around in circles over the lounge carpet.

Anyway, this weekend I bought one of these helicopters and memories of "Vertibird" came flooding back. It's a sturdy little thing, made of metal whereas other similar helicopters tend to be plastic or polystyrene, and it looks fantastic. Once the box is opened you'll find the helicopter, the controller (which requires six AA batteries - not supplied), a USB lead for charging the helicopter from your PC (more on this in a moment) and a single sheet of instructions which, although written in somewhat fractured English, tell you all you need to know.

Once the batteries are installed into the controller you need to charge the helicopter itself. There are two available methods. The first option involves connecting the helicopter to the controller via a short cable which is stowed inside a compartment on the edge of the controller itself. Plug this into the helicopter and switch the controller on, and wait 40-50 minutes until a red light on the unit turns green. This obviously drains the batteries in the controller. The second option is to charge the helicopter from a PC using the supplied USB lead. Either way, a full charge will give you just under ten minutes of flying time, which is actually fine, and seems plenty.

So, what about flying? It's actually very easy to fly. There is a tiny switch on the side of the helicopter which needs to be flicked to the "on" position, and a bigger one on the controller, and once they're both active you're ready to go. A small LED light also flashes on the front of the helicopter to indicate that it is switched on, plus it looks pretty cool too. There are two joysticks on the controller, the left controlling the throttle (push it away from you to make the rotors spin faster, which allows you to take off and then control height), and the right moves left and right to turn the helicopter, or push away from you to move forwards, or pull back to reverse. After a few minutes - and a few crashes - you'll have the knack. Should the helicopter crash - which it will do, several times - it seems pretty sturdy, and replacement blades etc. can be purchased. The blades actually pivot, so should you hit an item of furniture they should do no damage.

Within five minutes or so I was happily flying journeys along the length of my lounge, the helicopter taking off from the carpet, tables, and even my hand, and landing on sofas and even laps. It's noisy, but understandably so due to its nature. Oh, and as others have said, don't take it outside as it's quite light and not designed to fly in breezes, plus it will easily go out of range and immediately crash.

All in all it's a tremendously impressive bit of fun, and you'll find yourself singing the "Airwolf" theme as you make it zoom around the lounge. My next goal is to make it land on the back of my (moving) "Big Trak", oh, and also to get the bigger one for Christmas. Think I'm going to need a bigger house :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Syma S107, 1 Jan 2011
Great fun to fly, easy to fly, beautifully made, robust and USB charging lead is excellent (saves TX batteries). Buy one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 10 Mar 2013
J. Adams (uk) - See all my reviews
AT mid 50s I am probably not the target market for this toy - that said it is brilliant fun. It doesn't take long to master the controls and is great to use during the commercial breaks although my Labrador is less enthusiastic and usually goes and sits in the other room for my 5 minutes of being a stunt pilot. It recharges quickly from the USB port on my laptop, and gives 5 or 6 minutes flying time on one charge. The radio control works well allowing me to fly it from room to room or up and down stairs. It is too light to fly outside unless there is absolutely no wind.

5.0 out of 5 stars helicopter, 9 Jun 2012
Margaret June Hall "jun" (wales) - See all my reviews
A really excellent little toy. Both my little boys (now 42 and43) have one and seem to enjoy showing children how good it is, and such fun. Good value as not in the bin the next morning, in bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly the best for your money!, 22 Nov 2011
Mr. R. Jariwala "rajking" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have had the Syma 107G for about two weeks now, had about 5 to 6 flights every day and just got one thing to say, AMAZING!!!
This heli is very stable, it flies exactly where you want it to fly. My 10 and 14 year old daughters adore it.
Every time you hover it in the air, you feel astonished at the little flying machine in front of you. I have managed to take it out of one room, through the corridor and into the next with practice. Yesterday, I actually managed to fly it up the staircase and to the first floor!( After a lot of practice )
We have had many accidents with it and this little beauty has survived all of them ( Fingers crossed for future )
There is a certain learning curve involved. You need to take it easy at first by just getting used to the controls. First just go up and down a few times, then hover at a level, turn on its axix, go forward and backwards and so on.When its fully charged, the 107G has a lot of power so go easy on the left ( Altitude ) stick in comparison towards the end of the flight.
I have noticed that It does become a little unstable towards the end of the flight.
I did a lot of research before spending my hard earned cash on this beauty.
I have seen that a couple of recent reviews are very negative but one cannot forget the fact that this is a flying Helicopter. If you loose control in mid air and have a major accident, its going to crash and break.
From my experience , I can say that this Heli is extremely stable. Don't try and fly it like a pro on your first flight, only get adventurous when practised a lot.
I don't write reviews usually but I had to for this one as recent negative reviews dont justify the amount of fun this toy can give !

Finally HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Me ( 40 yrs ) and my daughters love it ! For around 20 its an absolute steal !
Hope this review helped.

Good luck and Fly Safe!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless, 8 Oct 2011
I have bought indoor helicopters before, But this one surpasses anything before it. I fail to see how it could be
improved. The stability of this craft is unbelieveable. Its a joy to fly.Amazon are a good company to deal with too.