Colour Name: Black|Change

on 15 July 2015
The product (Griffin Survivor Plus Catalyst Waterproof Case for iPhone 5) was delivered promptly and, at first, functioned as advertised (i.e. it kept water out effectively). However, two issues have arisen after only two months of use. First, the small rubber loop onto which the wrist strap attaches has snapped. It was not placed under any undue stress. Second, the case contains a membrane adjacent to the microphone of the iPhone which has a padded seal surrounding it; this is designed to allow you to make calls while the phone is in the case. The padded seal has become detached (torn in half in fact) and the membrane is beginning to peel away from the case itself. The peeling of the membrane effectively renders the case no longer waterproof. Amazon's standard terms for returns state the product must be returned within 30 days. It has taken longer than that for these flaws / defects to appear. But under UK law (Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982), there is an implied term that the goods sold are of satisfactory quality (i.e. fit for the purpose for which they are sold). The standard is what a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory. If a waterproof case is sold and it loses its ability to protect your iPhone from water after only two months, I do not consider that product to be of satisfactory quality. Under both those Acts, if the goods are found not to be of satisfactory quality at any time during the six months after date of purchase the consumer is entitled to a repair or replacement. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get past Amazon’s block on requesting a return once the product has passed 30 days from date of purchase.
on 14 February 2016
I have had this for over a year and agree with some of the good and bad reviews on here, but not all. My experience is overall positive: it protects your phone 100% from knocks and bumps but NOT FROM WATER I'm afraid. It really is not waterproof but is splash proof. The openings for the ports are all leaky so I wouldn't risk swimming with this, you will kill your iPhone.
The cable loop of mine snapped after about 4 months.
The opening for the headphone and charging cables are TOO SMALL and this is my biggest issue as many cables wont fit and so you will need to shop around to find one that do!

PLUS POINTS...... having said all that, I would not change this. I have dropped my phone so many times and this case gives such good protection. I have also dropped my phone in the bath, and the case did not leak (although I was quick to get it out). The membrane around the camera and light sensor are very tough and clear and taking photos has never been a problem. Overall.....this is a really tough, splash proof (not waterproof) case. I hope this helps a little
on 13 July 2013
Bought the case to withstand water and falls, it does exactly what it is supposed to do. Very hard to find a case as good as this. The screen is very responsive still and the sound is still crisp and clear even with the case on. Recommended highly.
on 17 October 2013
What every plumber needs. Good item looks ok until dropped in adhesive!! Would advise to all trades and anyone who wants to protect phone.
on 31 October 2015
Bought this last year for specific use on holiday at Seaworlds discovery cove . unfortunately it became apparent despite following instructions to the letter that it was not 100% water proof and I just managed to turn my phone off in time and let it dry out before it was ruined I reckon. Really disappointed as wasn't cheap. A good poolside thing I suppose as will protect from splashes etc but not good enough to submerge In water to take pictures etc. Phone calls are not heard well whilst using so you needto use earphones and mic. Overall a big disappointment and could have been very costly had i not noticed immediately there was water getting in .I should have contacted seller for refund but as i continued to use it as a poolside splash proof cover I didn't as it looked used very quickly.
on 15 April 2016
I'm going to give a proper review as every review on here seems half hearted, and online video reviews aren't up to date on the Apple Software* (I'll explain this later)

Yes the case is waterproof, i haven't tested it to the 3m it states though.
*You CAN very easily access the Control Center VERY easily as Apple has updated their software in IOS9 (I don't know about IOS8) So that you can drag it out from higher than the very bottom of the screen.
The screen is also perfectly sensitive even though it is plastic, some reviews say that the screen protector is lacking, I have NOT found that as a problem and i can barely tell it is plastic!
It does NOT feel overly bulky in the hand, i have averaged sized hands for a man and it fits in my hand very well.
The weight is absolutely fine, and if you always have a case on your iPhone you won't find too much of a difference
The speaker volume is FINE, some reviews online say it sucks, and it is definitely quieter, but it is completely usable, and if not you can unclip the bottom clip and it isn't much different from the volume it was without the case on.

The ONLY fault i have found with this (Well i didn't personally find this fault) is that because it is very shiny plastic, scratches show rather easil, so if you're a clumsy person you will see scratches clearly on the case (This is the reason for a 4* rather than the 5*

I love this phone case and it is definitely worth the money, i would 100% Recommend buying this case if you are looking for a waterproof case. I hope my review has helped in summing up all other reviews online!
on 26 September 2014
This is well worth the money! I was a bit doubtful to start with so I first tried it with a tissue in the case to check that it wouldn't disintegrate, put it in the bath for 15 minutes and it came out dry. I took it on holiday and used it to take pictures in various settings, from a waterfall to the pool and even the sea. It kept every kind of water out without losing any functionality, the touch screen worked perfectly. If I stack up the low price against the perfect pictures of me scuba diving, it's such a no brainer! I'd also highlight the robustness of the case, it does such a good job of keeping sand out and I can drop it with confidence (although if you do drop it, the instructions recommend taking the case out and putting it back on to ensure the seal remains in full working order). Highly recommended!
on 20 January 2016
The case arrived on time and was suitably packaged. The iPhone fitted but none of the buttons would work and the volume/bell was permanently on making the phone unusable - heyho back to the drawing board. Amazon have been great in returning my monies promptly.
on 23 July 2014
DONT BUY IT! I did everything right, by the manual, and it let the water go inside.
on 1 March 2014
Absolutely love this wee case used when doing the belfast colour run and it worked a treat, plan on using it on holidays this year aswell!!