5.0 out of 5 stars S.O.D.O.M, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Epitome Of Torture (Audio CD)
This is the first time ive ever been the first reviewer so I will have to do this justice, Sodom - where do I start, well first thing I can say is Sodom are more Thrash than the term Thrash itself, they epitimise the very meaning of the word, in fact i dont think the word existed until Tom Angelripper from the Angelripper clan was born. Believe me - this is damn near perfection. With Sodom you dont have to waste time listening to creative emotional parts in songs or slow moments or any of usual Blah blah you get when musicians try to "break new territory". All you have to do is listen to what is possibly the most Thrash band in existence, my personal favourites are Final Bullet, Epitome of Torture and Shoot Today - Kill Tomorrow but every song is rip your face off brilliant, I have to make a special mention for the majestic Stigmatized, which is really taking the piss, in other words - not only do we pound out the best Thrash available to ears but if we ever get bored with the day job we can just take over the Death Metal scene. Epitome of Torture is absolutley amazing, Sodom are completely on top of their game and i believe this is even better than War and Pieces, this CD adds to my belief that Sodom are the all time No 1 Thrash band, There I said it!!! (PS not No 1 best ever Thrash CD release as Alkoholizer already have that victory recorded)But Classic CD, brutally Classic

4.0 out of 5 stars Epitome of Torture, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Epitome Of Torture (Audio CD)
Just bought this album. On first listen, I like it. A good typical aggressive onslaught as usual from the Sodom army. It sounds death metal at times, which I like. Adds to the lethal injection that is Sodom. It kinda bugs me how Tom is shouting Epitomeeeee in the wrong pronunciation haha. I'd recommend getting the ltd. edition for the bonus track Waterboarding, kicksass. All in all, excellent album for a band that's been going 3 decades. Mint stuff. German legends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow thrash!?, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Epitome Of Torture (Audio CD)
Good stuff this one! I was expecting more ripping guitars vocals etc, but no! Fairly melodic in tone. Good album. Gets a little lose near the end but still rips for the most part! J Counsell

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Epitome Of Torture (Audio CD)
I don't know how they're doing it but they are. After brilliant "In War And Pieces" they release another jewel of extreme metal. There are no weak songs on this album. Epitome of Torture is a classic disc, in my opinion the best Sodom has ever released. They never lacked good ideas but sound wasn't top notch. On this album they've reached new heights because great ideas met more selective, meaty sound. Someone did a great job producing this stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crushing and lethal Sodom., 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Epitome Of Torture (Audio CD)
I have never served in the army, nor have I ever been involved in a war, and even if I had, I don't think thrash metal would be the first thing on my mind concerning "war" in any case. Sodom, however, are on the other hand the absolute perfect accompanying soundtrack for such a grim picturesque of train of thought, and "Epitome Of Torture" (from these thrash metal maniacs) is no different; and just like it's predecessor, (In war and pieces and Sodom); a rapid fire, no-holes-barred onslaught is guaranteed to beat your brains-in and just about everything else in between as well.

Production seems decent enough; content-wise:- There is an evident display of good hooks, choruses, lines, and a couple of black and death metal touches as well to spice up an otherwise pretty straight-down-the-line and business-as-usual affair from these German aficionados. The anger and extreme violence is these songs is, of course, a predictable but very expected outcome on this recently released opus. The album itself sounds very similar to 2010's "In war and pieces", and it is very much a continuation of that brutality here. Highlights include the infamous:- S.O.D.O.M., Stigmatized and Into the skies of war. Bonus tracks are also of a very decent standard, so the digipak version comes highly recommended from me.

So no surprises then, of-which itself probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone anyway. "Epitome Of Torture" is certainly metal as hell, and what you see is what you're gonna get. Sodom, delivers the goods once again!. 8/10.