Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Kindle Oasis Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 29 September 2013
I purchased this item as part of a home entertainment centre to replace my television set. Installing the components is easy and straightforward - I used a cheap G1610 2.6 GHz Celeron processor; 2 X 4GB Crucial memory and a 120GB Solid state hard drive together with a standalone 3TB hard drive for bulk storage purposes. Ubuntu 10.04LTS was used as an operating system and installed with no difficulty. There are two HDMI connections and I used one to connect a 27inch monitor and the other to my games console. The performance is more than adequate for my purposes but obviously there is scope for installing a much higher spec processor.

The Shuttle is totally silent in operation even under load and if you have a monitor with the correct mountings you can even mount the unit onto the rear of the monitor with the supplied brackets.

The first unit sent by Amazon was faulty , there was no video output and the cooling fans were running flat out under zero load. As usual with Amazon a replacement was sent out with no fuss and worked perfectly when I had reinstalled the components.

To control the system I added a Rii RT-MWK01 wireless mini keyboard and touchpad - this unit is 150mm long and perfect for the Shuttle used as an entertainment centre.

The whole system has been running now for about 6 weeks and there have been no problems or shortcomings. The Shuttle exceeds my expectations and appears to be well built - I would certainly recommend them to anybody needing a compact and low noise unit.
on 14 January 2014
I have added an Intel i3 processor to this system along with a Crucial M4 SSD and 8GB of RAM. It boots quicker than my iPad and is an ideal micro desktop system. I have a 19" monitor with mounting holes on the back, so I used the additional mounting bracket that came with it and the system actually sits securely behind the screen. The result? A DIY all in one system but far more customizable.

The system doesn't have any optical drive so the drivers on CD that come in the box are as good as useless - instead you will need a second system to create an ISO image on USB, or simply download them from the Shuttle website. I used the website option and they work fine.

As you will see, the system has two USB3 ports on the back and four USB2 on the front. Ideal for connecting a secondary drive via USB (for storage) and avoid clogging up an internal SSD. The processor cooling fans are quiet and would not annoy you in any way, you can hear them very faintly, but that's normal. The system generates a little bit of heat on the outer case if on for a long period of time, but internally it's kept very cool.

Everything came in a small, well packaged box. Instructions are basic but if you are building a system then you will likely have some experience. It's a very small system so the bottom RAM slot can be tricky to install into, but not impossible :)

I cannot recommend this highly enough and it can be used in so many ways - connect to a TV, use as media solution etc etc. I use it as a normal desktop and it's brilliant.
on 2 January 2014
This case together with the cheapest celeron did the job.
Super quiet
VESA mount !!!
Comes with the brackets
has USB 3 and USB 2, 2 Gugabit, it is just awesome.

I love it