on 30 April 2013
I chose this rating because of the ease of use of both camera and Tab 2. I have wanted to move away from the restrictions of Apple iPhone & iPad for some time, and played with all the tablets in-store before choosing the Tab 2. I carry it with me & use it all the time. It links & syncs with my Mac and is easier to drag and drop music and photo's into the Tab 2.

The NX1000 is not only a cool looking camera, it has a huge range of functions and facilities which are so easy to use. The wifi function makes it easy to move pics & videos to Tab 2 for editing, or show on TV connected to a wireless router. Emailing pics from the camera is simple, and used addresses are kept for future use.

Samsung on-line support for both items is good and user friendly. I cannot wait to get the Samsung Galaxy S4 to complete the package.

I would recommend both the Samsung NX1000 and the Samsung Tab 2 to anyone who wants a stress free and fun experience. Take advantage of the £329 deal while you can.
on 27 March 2013
Im no camera expert but the camera takes amazing pictures just like the slrs ive used. Will need a case to keep it looking nice. Tablet is good to i already had a 10.1 note. 7 inch version is just as good to me.good thing is you get the tablet straight away with no sending off stuff to samsung. If i went pc world i would have to claim the tablet after purchase and they are selling the camera for £50 more.
on 12 April 2013
the camera just arrived yesterday and I think I have been using it for months...very intuitive and very easy...especially the built-in guide is very helpful.

One issue though - does not have a image stabilizer in some modes. just needs extra care ...Although the smart mode works just fine.

Cheap lenses available with 3rd party mounts e.g. pentax, samyang etc...

i would recommend it for any beginner like me. Especially with the FREE samsung tab ...Sell off the tab and you get the camera for half the price....with which I have bought a bigger lens ....VERY GOOD DEAL
on 17 May 2013
The camera is up-to-day with its style, particularly with the white colour (which mine is). OK, it's mainly made of plastics; but is strong enough and feels right when holding it in your hand. The functions are plentiful with simple point and shoot to advanced selection on the four P,A,S,M. In addition, there is the scenes options with a lot fun scenes such as sunset, 3D, panrorama etc then there is also the Majic frames such as holiday; billboard etc. I had a lot of fun out of it. Besides, the i-function on the lens (only in Samsung CSC cameras have this unique function) made it easy to change the functions from ISO to shooting mode to speed to white balance etc. The wi-fi is a plus for sharing your pictures instantly. Then the 20MP APS-C size sensor can produce a lot more details in the pictures. In fact this is the second most in pixil counts of CSC cameras available so far; apart from the Sony NEX7, which has a 24MP and a lot more expensive. The flash is a bit weak in the light produced; but is useful in filling in light in some situation, it is adequate in general indoor short distance picture taking; and the high ISO is quite effective in low light photos also; so long as you do not blow it up to A3 size!

There is no GPS that comes with the camera and no viewfinder either; you have to rely on the LCD for your composition; but it is bright enough in most situations. Also there is no image stabilisation on the kit lens (20-50mm) but you can buy a higher specification one (18-55mm) with this. A small draw back; but the price of the camera is very competitive and I consider it to be good value for money. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase.
on 17 April 2013
Do not expect as good performance as high end SLR's, but you get more than what you expect from this price range. WiFi integration with Android devices works perfect, image quality of NX1000 is really good in good light conditions. I have doubts for low light, better to have RAW format. Lens and flash are enough good for daily pictures. This camera is obviously not for professionals but good for the ones who want to be a professional.
About TAB 2, I wouldn't be satisfied if I had paid its original price, it has general Android problems. Otherwise, it has elegant design nice battery is lasting enough good.
PS: Apart from this package you will need TAB 2 case, NX1000 case and an SD card.
on 12 May 2013
great camera the abiltiy to send via email your pic in an instance wounderfull, and as for the picture quality for me is also very good.is not too difficult to understand
on 5 May 2013
I purchased this camera as a backup and for my daily commute. I have Nikon D3100 and D7000 and some lenses. I am an amateur and share my photos on flickr. I am looking for a budget CSC for years and finally found this one.

I like the build quality; being made of plastic, looks elegant and only around 250gm.

It has a 20.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor like my SLRs and much cheaper when compared with others with APS-C like SONY Alpha NE-7 (£819; 24.3MP) and Fujifilm X-Pro1 (£1049; 16.3MP).

The 20-50 kit Lens produces excellent results and has received very good reviews from different photographic sites. This lens can produce very sharp image in low light situation.

There are many manual controls and for me they are very useful. I like the i-Function and tried smart programme mode which produced impressive images.

I tried the Wi-Fi and emailed images through my home networks, viewed photos in my networked Sony TV and shared photos in to my Galaxy Note tab 10.1. But I was unsuccessful with Mobilelink and Remote Viewfinder programmes after installing the necessary App applications in to my Galaxy Note tab.

I purchased the camera (plus 20-50 Kit Lens) including the Samsung 7.0 Galaxy tab2 as bundle kit for £330 on an offer from Amazon. Deducting £120 for the tablet (sold), the camera finally costs me £210.

I shared my images. You can check them here: [...]

Some specific images which you can compare for sharpness and noises:

ISO 400: [...] , [...]

ISO 800:[...] , [...]

ISO 1600: [...] , [...] , [...]
on 31 January 2014
I love this camera, it takes great pictures, and the Samsung smartlink works really well, so instead of having to try and set up a timer, all you have to do is use your phone to take the picture. The tablet is just an added bonus.
on 8 July 2013
Where to start. Only got the camera last week but after falling in love with it. Very good picture quality and still getting used to all the different features that I never had in a camera before (wifi, media upload, email)
The tablet is also very good as an apple follower I am happy with the samsung functionality but in my opinion the touch sensitively is still abit delayed in comparison to the apple iPad.
It is a very good deal with an attractive price as a similar deal in Ireland is retailing at least €50 dearer.
on 6 May 2013
I am very pleased with my Samsung NX1000 Digital Camera I have been using it for about 6 weeks now,I had been using another compact camera prior to this which fits into to a pocket.so this style of camera does take some getting used to.but the results are better

See one answered question